Previous  123 ... 91011  Next
Author i-mate Jam
YEOPK
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-02-22 09:32
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
@masseur

So far so good? Any hick-up? Any problem such as 'hang'? Would you recommend it to anyone who wish to upgrade to pda? I can't get i mate here. Only Xda II mini.
Bumalabs
P990
PM
Posted: 2005-02-22 09:38
Thanks for the tip but sad to say,I am already a member of the club and they don't have any settings for my country

Cheers,

GB
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2005-02-22 09:41
I have not experienced any hangs but I have experience one problem once which was a bit annoying.

I fly from germany to UK and back each week and so put it into flight mode when on board.

btw as a side topic, flight mode is the only way to power off the phone part as powering off using the power switch only turns off the pda part. this is different to the P900/P910/Nokia communicators etc where the power switch turns everything off

anyway, I landed back in Germany one day and clicked to turn off flight mode (i.e. turn the phone part on) and it wouldn't do anything so I had to soft reset the device to get myphone conection back

apart from that its worked as reliably as my iPAQ and I would recommend the JAM to anyone.

before this I tried the i-mate SP3i for a month or so and found that to be a good product too so I think i-mate have a customer here for quite a while, especially if they bring out an unbranded version of the new MDA IV

edit: @Bumalabs, most operators have some setup guide for PDA or laptops so I usually just find those details and enter them manually. I rarely use these automated settings anyway. if they don't have a web page with that info hopefully you can just ask them to tell you what you need

[ This Message was edited by: masseur on 2005-02-22 08:43 ]
YEOPK
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-02-22 09:49
@massur

That doesn't seem to me a big concern. Thanks.
Bumalabs
P990
PM
Posted: 2005-02-22 09:49
Sorry guys my mistake... Tried the I-mate online help instead and got what I wanted. Thanks for the help.

Cheers,

GB
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2005-02-22 09:53
there is one other thing that may concern and which has been mentioned earlier in the thread.

the sound when in a call can be a little tinny/metalic and as though you are in a small room but I don't find this to be a problem though some people do. Other sounds like music and video sound fine

i-mate are working on a fix for this issue. Indeed they have a list of known issues on the support site which I will post here since you need to be a member to view them... and how good is this? how many manufacturers do you know that would provide this kind of information?

Under Investigation

• The audio quality of voice calls will be enhanced. Some customers notice a distortion to higher frequency components.

• It is not currently possible to send MPEG4 videos using the MMS client. 3GP videos can be captured, sent and received reliably.

• Some Bluetooth GPS receivers do not connect reliably to the device.

• The speaker works intermittently on some units.

• We are aware of further issues relating to the quality of the images displayed and captured by the camera.

• Some customers may experience minor instability of the device, with the Backlight settings appearing when attempting to select other settings. A soft reset will correct this for a short time, however we are attempting to identify a fix for this problem.

Resolved Issues

• The delay in pressing the camera button and a picture being taken has been reduced. the fix is now available in a CAB file Click here, and will be included in the next ROM version.

edit: @Bumalabs, thats great! its nice to be able to get online!

[ This Message was edited by: masseur on 2005-02-22 08:54 ]
axxxr
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-02-24 16:28
Via: msmobiles

The i-mate jam is now is available,with a whopping 128 MB of RAM (instead of 64 MB in standard).Double the memory!! This version features a PPC Techs upgrade, increasing the standard 64MB RAM to 128MB, as well as including a high-quality PPC Techs WriteSHIELD pre-applied! Expansys: Sim Free: £529.95
[addsig]
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2005-02-24 16:34
yeah, I saw that on the expansys site earlier but I wouldn't pay that much myself.

actually its more expensive than buying the 64mb jam and the upgrade kit and doing it yourself

so far I haven't hit the limit and even now with everything I normally use I still have 6mb storage free and 10mb program space + loads of storage space on my SD cards

nah, I'll wait for the unbranded MDA IV or something else now
Chaser81
W950 Blue
PM
Posted: 2005-02-25 15:46
Suprised I havent seen you on Modaco, Masseur, since getting your Jam...
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2005-02-25 16:07
well I don't know every forum and to be honest forums aren't really my thing but somehow esato hooked me in. I do visit compactjam and hofo

I've had the jam for 2 months now and its still my number 1 phone
YEOPK
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-03-04 04:14
Xda II mini is so....hot here that it's now retail at RM2,788 up by RM100 and stocks are clearing out like hot cakes. The sales person can only reserve the unit for 1 day only. However, you now get 2 leather carrying cases instead of one. There is a package version at RM3,068 whereby BT & car charger are included. Still a good buy?
YEOPK
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-03-07 10:24
@masseur

I got my O2 last Sat. Still trying to get used to it, being the 1st time user of pda. I need help though. Where can I download Free chinese software and midi ring tones from the net? Will it affect the speed of my O2 device after download? Cheers.
Skrue
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-03-11 17:31
sorry if this has been answered before but going thorugh 10 pages in a thread have made my eyes hurt: can i upgrade an xda 2 mini with the imate jam's rom upgrades? thanx
This message was posted with a Nokia 5110i with bluetooth, colored and 2.0 megapixel camera
Skrue
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-03-11 23:50
anyone?
This message was posted with a Nokia 5110i with bluetooth, colored and 2.0 megapixel camera
YEOPK
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-03-15 05:57
I'm a new O2 owner. Can anyone tell me how to download ring tones and themes from the net? Thanks.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 91011  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic