Esato

Forum > General discussions > General > SonyEricsson design team presentation & discussion

Previous  123  Next
Author SonyEricsson design team presentation & discussion
BobaFett
R520 copper
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-10-18 13:27
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
As i see se design isnt that special or original next to other brands. Once the border was more recognizable between brands, today ideas will be copied and new traditions arent created cos of it.

This message was posted from a T68i

*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2004-10-18 16:40
The color - 'green' here in Manila, just means - 'money' ! Just pertaining to the SE Logo here mates.
BobaFett
R520 copper
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-10-18 16:51
@jn he he. Good design has more to do with original thinking and ideas as the money itself.

Superluminova
K610 red
PM
Posted: 2004-10-18 17:00
Design is a mostly a matter of taste as most other phones can do just as good a job as an SE phone but would anyone in this thread buy a nokia 7600? i doubt it!

And all this lusting for Ericsson is crazy in my view, as there phones weren't stylish and most definately not cool!

were as SE phones are very stylish and very cool in a very technical way which i and lots of people happen to like, and on the point of the t610 design, yes it was very nice, but design moves on and in todays market it looks old and tired in my view.

OBEY GAINT
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2004-10-18 17:03
Quote:

On 2004-10-18 16:51:49, bobafett wrote:
@jn he he. Good design has more to do with original thinking and ideas as the money itself.

@bobafett - Sometimes it has mate, as in the color 'red' for the Chinese just means money too or just simply/pure (good) luck!
BobaFett
R520 copper
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-10-18 17:07
Indeed, u have to pay the brains, but the question is which ones. I like the north european solutions.

jplacson
Sony Xperia P
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-10-18 18:35
Bobafett... I agree with you on the Ericsson designs... I was more fond of the Scandanavian styling of the T28, R520, and T68m. Although the P900 and P910 are pretty ok... I find them too 'button crazy'... no refined thinking... they just keep adding buttons if they need to add a function. There's just too much going on in the designs of SE nowadays... they look like Jap remote controls. It's like, there's almost a button on every side of the phone.

Ericsson designs were very elegant. Functional. Not too loud or attention grabbing. Very subdued, and classy. SE phones are still pretty slick... not like the faggy designs of Nokia. But I think SE's designs now are a bit too cluttered... just a bit. They need to streamline their designs a bit more.

For example... the iPod just found better ways to keep their traditional functionality while removing all but 2 buttons... the click wheel, and the center select button. The previous iPod had 6 buttons... the 4 control buttons, the jog wheel, and select button. Just proof of smart interface designs.
BobaFett
R520 copper
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-10-18 19:01
Happy i am not alone with my passion. But i am afraid the market trend will destroy long planning of good design.

driveforward
T610
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-10-18 19:48
I agree very much so with jplacson
Phones: R320s/R380 World/R520m/T39m/T68i/T610/Z600/P900/Z800i/K750
Other: MC-218/HPM-10/HBH-10/CAR-100/HCA-200 & more
jontyf
T66 black
PM
Posted: 2004-10-18 19:50
I like the SE logo as it is
bart
Ericsson T68
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-10-18 20:15
yea those old ericsson designs where great.
T610 and Z1010 are ok in my eyes. i like them but i can't say i loved them.
i remember the day i first saw the T68m (a few weeks before cebit) that phone melted in my eyes it was and still is the most beautyfull phone i've ever seen. i had the same feeling with the T28 and T36/T39 altough i never bought the T39 because the T68m was only a few months away.
its sad that i can't find the right design for me. i look at every phone from every brand but i can't find the right thing.
am i that wiered?
anyway i think SE will get the message when they'll see that there market share will drop during the next Q's (even the Q4 the one that they believe will be the best so far) .

the idea of less buttons well i'm all for that. i can live with the buttons that we can find on most SE phones. but the V800 got 3 buttons more, i don't like the idea of that, nore do i like that SE uses the extra button on the side (right side T610) for internet. it should've been a personal button. like you can set it for voice memo, sms or something like that.

oyea guys since we are talking about designs, what do you find about the designs of the HBH devices?
With Ericsson and Nokia gone: we must keep their spirits alive and buy JOLLA or YOTA
slattery69
T68i
PM
Posted: 2004-10-18 20:29
i have to say and i will probably be in the minority ive not really liked any of se s designs. i ve always bought the phones on what they do and not what they look like. if it had been on looks alone i would never have bought se.
i dont hate there designs i just find them neutral i think there quite conservative not really doing anything different in design terms a candybar looks like a candybar.
even though i dont like all of nk new designs i quite admire the fact that they are trying to make phones look a little differnet,sometimes to different but i do like that. same as the new bmw s they are trying to do something differnet with cars as most look the same these days
BobaFett
R520 copper
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-10-18 21:05
U arent alone with that opinion, dont think that se will solve that design problem for our taste.

Residentevil
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-10-18 21:58
Quote:

On 2004-10-17 20:31:57, axxxr wrote:
The SonyEricsson mobile phone design team gave a very impressive presentation of their work at the Swedish Embassy yesterday.

Here is Art Director Mr Kawagoi, who created the famous SonyEricsson logo, explaining the messages contained in his creation:

Here Swedish Managers of the SonyEricsson Creative Design Center from Lund/Sweden:

My conclusion: expect a lot more great designs out of SonyEricsson. Also, there is every indication it's a very successful Japan-Swedish cooperation.

So what are the messages contained in his creation???
Tough times don't last, tough people do!
Free Tibet
BobaFett
R520 copper
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-10-18 22:08
It was a diplomatic answer i think: se dont know which way to go, maybe thatswhy the many different design, all of them experiments for the future.

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi