Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Themes, ringtones, screensavers, games, video clips > Ok so i am new, female and stuck with my T68i !!! Help...

Visitors browsing this topic: 1
Add to Bookmarks
123  Next
Author Ok so i am new, female and stuck with my T68i !!! Help...
monypennyuk
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-06-19 16:48
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Firstly hello...

Secondly... YUP i have been converted from Nokia over to this new T68i...

Thirdly... I have read the book, i am NOT a technophobe, i am just having a few problems... So if anyone can help i would be grateful..

SO...
1/ I have manged to get some ringtones from here no problems...But is there limit to how many you can have... And can u delete some of the pre-installed ones???

2/ LOGOs / Pictures... Okay so this is where i am staring to loose the plot!!! I have been using the WAP on the phone to get to this site to try and get some pictures... I know the ones i want ( no.s), and can see it on the phone... Its says "YES to save" which i do...AND NOTHING..NADA..ZIP... ug!!! What AM i doing wrong... i wait, and i wait... but nothing.. am i not wiating long enough... last count i gave in at 10 minutes...SO anyone tell me what i am doing wrong???

3/ This sceensaver thing i see you all mentioning... Do you mean the clock that comes up, or the one that comes up for a short time only... if so, is this all done in the same way as NO.2...?

4/ Themes... Okay so how do i get these, and how many can i have...

5/ Okay so the caller groups thing i was used to with Nokia.. i see something similar, but it will only let me have 10 names per group.ie.. i use to have a group for work... to which a specific ring tone would sound ( therefore allowing me to NOT answer..lol...) So is there a way around this???

Oooh soooooo many questions ...so little time... arrrrrrrghhhhhh!!!

Okay... well hopefully someone can help...

migueltan
P900
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-06-19 17:01
1. AFAIK you can delete the pre installed tones.. re: how many ringtones you can have depends on your phone's memory capacity left.

2. maybe your network service provider doesn't allow big files for downloading so i suggest that you look around here in the forum to find out what other i.p. addresses or gateways you can have beside your sp's.

3. screensaver is the one that comes before the clock. to have an easier time transmitting files to your phone, use a data cable or an infra red device for convinience.

4. also depends on your phone's memory capacity. you can see your memory status by going to MY PICTURES then press the option menu below the yes button and there you can see your memory status.

5. in the phonebook menu , go to pictures and you can assign all the names with the pictures that you like..

hope this helps!
lingart
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-06-19 17:04
Answers:
So...

1/ u should have 1024Kb of memory so whatever you have on your phone should limit the ringtone capacity - though ringtones are only bytes really. I dont think you can delete the ones already on the phone

2/ Are you on orange (doubt it as u have a T68i) but on orange WAP downloading large files is impossible(well you can use another wap dial in number try MViva) - your best bet is to download onto a PC and upload via infrared / Bluetooth..

Wap is pretty slow and expensive... well in comparison with PC upload.

3/ Screensaver would be the short thing that comes on before the Time screen. Same as above ...

4/ Themes - as before - also limited by what you have stored on your handset - 1024Kb max whatever you have on it.

5/ You can assign a ringtone specifically to each person on your contact list - I havent tried the groups thing as I cant be bothered and not sure if it works.

Hope that helps...

monypennyuk
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-06-19 17:58
Thankyou both for your advice...:) :) :)

I hadnt found that memory status / size menu before... Thankyou!!!

My memory is only at 668Kb for some reason, i have only downloaded a few ringtones as yet, so i dont know why its like that...

In regards to the pictures dowloading... i am with T Mobile, and knowing them, its something too do with a limit on the files size allowed... I will have a read up on it further in this forum...

Does anyone know off hand of otehr places to get ring tones and logos in this way???

Also this lead that connects the pc to the phone, does anyone know how much it costs??? Cause that is sounding like the much cheaper option to go for to get this stuff!!! ( i dont have Blue tooth or IR on my pc)

Okay well thanx again!!!
lingart
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-06-19 18:07
you can try www.mobiles.co.uk for a cable even www.expansys.com

though Im using MA600 Infrared port.

Are you not using the MMS service by T-mobile then as you could / should be able to download much quicker (GPRS)?

You only have 600 odd Kb because the existing ringtones/pics/themes all take up memory as well. Voice commands would also eat into your memory.
Hasse
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-06-19 18:16
Hey!

I had the same problem with Q. no. 2! try holding down the "yes" button till u get to a new menu and scrool down to wher it says save picture or somethin' like that!

---------------------------->Hasse
monypennyuk
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-06-19 18:18
Ahhhhh see i dont have the IR thing yet...Are they exspensive?

As for the GRPS. Grrr.. i have tried it,but it says i am not allowed??? And the MMS service from T Mobile costs an additional Monthly fee of about £10, so i have not bothered to do that yet...

Hmmmmm cable it is then...lol...

Thanx again
Hasse
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-06-19 18:19
have u tryed holdin' down "yes" 4 the logos??
Micke
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-06-19 18:22
When you have a picture that you like to save, press option-key and save to phone. Micke

This post was posted from a T68i

Hasse
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-06-19 18:25
yeah u can do that but u can also just hold down "yes"

-------------------------->Hasse
lingart
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-06-19 18:33
umm IR cable cost me about £35

worth it in the long run as long as your new phones also have an IR port.

but its a pain getting it to sync with XP so be warned
monypennyuk
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-06-19 19:15
Hmmmmmmm I Tryed the holding down the YES key...

That just takes me into a phone menu!!!

Arrrrrgh.....
jas
K600
PM
Posted: 2002-06-19 20:55
Well, either the option key or holding down the yes key will take you to the phone menue. A few lines down on this menue you should de able to find \"save image\". -jas

jas
K600
PM
Posted: 2002-06-19 21:02
About the GPRS: You usually need to call your operator and ask them to enable GPRS on your account. I definitely think that it is worth it. It makes wap:ing fast and cheap. I download all my images and ringsignals that way. I also use wap to read esato and checking the bus and subway time tables. -jas

arroyootje
C902 Black
PM
Posted: 2002-06-19 21:31
Hihi, nice way to get loads of replies was stating that you were female in the subject

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi