Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Technical > HELP!Problem on sync Outlook Contacts into my S700i

Author HELP!Problem on sync Outlook Contacts into my S700i
Vita375
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2004-10-05 23:59
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I've a problem on sync Outlook Contacts into my S700i.
I found that it's software seems too stupid (I tried IR / BT) and i can't sync. successfuly every time. I can only transfer files thru IR/ BT.
Anyone can help me? Thanks a lot!!
Nabu
T68 gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-10-13 11:04
I have the exact same problem myself, just got the s700i yesterday and the phone and laptop connect fine through IR (haven't tried BT yet, but it probably connects just as nicely). File transfer works fine too, but Sync station can not start for some reason. It seems it takes ages when I try to open Sync Station Settings, only to get an error saying "Unknown".

Btw, I run on WinXP Pro SP2, that might be a part of the problem too.

Can anyone help?
apotts
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2004-10-13 12:16
I had this with BT. I was using the WIDCOMM driver. In device manager I changed the bt driver back to the XP one and it created a new com port. Told Phone Manager to use that com port. Sync now works perfectly, and I transfer files using se file manager and play with the phone using floats phone manager all fine.

HTH
Nabu
T68 gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-10-13 13:08
Thanks for the reply. I'm currently trying IR since I still haven't purchased BT adapter for laptop. But what is Phone Manager (do you mean Mobile Phone Monitor icon in the systray?) and how do you configure what port it should use (is that reserving the port?)?
Nabu
T68 gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-10-13 15:06
Well, strange thing just happened...

Just for the heck of it, I tried installing the XTNDConnect software that came with my three-year-old Ericsson T39m (XTND - Pack1_1.5.7.exe), and this piece of software has served me faithfully all along with T39m. Guess what? It did a swell job on syncronizing the S700i too!

So there you have it.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi