Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > k700i De-Branding now possible with T28 service cable )

Visitors browsing this topic: 1
Add to Bookmarks
Previous  123 ... 404142  Next
Author k700i De-Branding now possible with T28 service cable )
iampivot
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2004-11-25 12:16
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
@eskay I had to stop using my nokia 6230 because of the crappy sound quality it had. I went out and bought a SE k700i to replace it, even though the 6230 is still under contract, and even though I had it in for service.

I swear, I've had enough of crappy nokia phones, the last one I had also had to go in for service. Just say no.
c0mm0n
P990
PM
Posted: 2004-11-26 12:07
Any advice for a cheap cable in europe ?

Thx

c0mm0n
vee
K750
PM
Posted: 2004-11-26 13:27
@ iampivot

thanks mate... it is all part of the good service

TC,

vee
bellenuit
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2004-11-27 12:31
So please somebody can give me the reference of the cable needed to upgrade the Firmaware. The USB Cable DCU-11 from SE is the god one or not?
Thanks for your Help
tuftus
K700
PM
Posted: 2004-11-27 16:16
I used one of these cables and the davinci client...

No probs and a sexy phone here now.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBay[....]734430986&rd=1&ssPageName=WD2V
LadFromWales85
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2004-12-23 11:29
Got my cable today Is the server down? I was able to connect to it and download the firmware the other day, but now its 'Error connecting to server!'
Kevstir
W800
PM
Posted: 2005-01-03 16:53
Great thread guys , will this cable allow me to unbrand my phone ???

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6354665055

Cheers
gbrooks3
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-01-03 17:02
hmm well the seller says it can but its advertised as a data cable. Unlocking/flashing cables are usually advertised as T28 service cables. I would steer clear of this one.

Because the platform sends bogus messages while charging, that is why!!!..But why this change of heart?..We sense a charger connected, oops, we will not shut down after all!!!..*********************** UI BASIC, HOLD YOUR HORSES
Benfrain
K700
PM
Posted: 2005-01-05 17:22
I thought when this product was purchased (and you debrand your phone) it allowed free updates of Sony Ericcson software/firmware?

However, using the supplied T68i cable I am unable to use the SE update service and the totalserver client now says credits are required to download the latest firmwares.

Is this right? Is there no way of getting the latest firmwares without buying a credit each time?

I suppose the only other option is now buying one of the DS20 or DS25 docking station things - is that right?

Whether you are trying to download either language or firmware files it says "you need credits for this operation"
Jools
C510 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-01-05 17:30
Ah.. I see what you mean now... I think you do need at least one credit in your log-in account to download, but it doesn't actually use one when downloading or flashing just the firmware only.
Benfrain
K700
PM
Posted: 2005-01-05 17:38
Now I'm confused.

When you buy the cable you just get one credit though, which means you can debrand and load the 'normal' SE software.

However, the totalserver was touted as providing free future upgrades from SE, however, you can't get them free because a) you then have to buy another credit to download them from totalserver or b) you have to buy an SE cradle to use the SE update service
Jools
C510 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-01-05 17:52
Yeah, I think that's how it works... You are getting the firmware upgrades for free because you don't actually need to use your credit to flash the phone, and you can do it as many times as you want without using up your credit. Although that doesn't help people such a yourself who has used their last credit.

Also, again, as far as I know, you can't use the SEUS to upgrade your firmware after having used TMS. There's some problem with it and the SEUS doesn't recognise the phone as being upgradable.

Try contacting Murphy the maker of TMS over at the official support forum.
scweston
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-01-05 19:28
Hi,

Hope someone can help relieve my confusion!

I purchased the TMS credit and T28 service cable from www.faceoffmobiles.com (costing £15). I recieved the package through the post promptly, but was surprised to have been sent two cables. They look slightly different, but both have the same connections, a serial connection at one end and the SE connection at the other. However, only one of them seems to work with TMS.

I succesfully unlocked and upgraded my K700i's firmware to R2AE033 using just the one cable. Although did need to buy more credit to get the new firmware working, and still can't get rid of the darned camera shutter sound.....Grrrr!!

Can anybody explain what the second cable (the one that doesn't seem to work) is used for, and why it was sent?

btw - If anybody is interested I may be selling both the cables together on ebay. Since I have upgraded my phone and am now happy with it, I see no reason for me to keep them. Especially since I can now use my DSS-25 with DaVinci if I really do feel the need. I will post on here when and if I decide to.

Thanx in advance to anybody that replies.
Steve
Benfrain
K700
PM
Posted: 2005-01-06 15:26
Brilliant Just purchased another credit, flashed the firmware file fine and then the application quit halfway through installing the language file.

My phone is now dead and won't even power on. Is there any way this can be resurrected without taking it to a service centre?

I have the firmware files but the application I have totalserver requires you to turn on the phone to flash (which I can no longer do....)
DCUK7
Xperia X10 Mini Black
PM
Posted: 2005-01-06 16:45
You do not need a credit to download firmware. All you need is a username and password. If all the credits are used on that username you can still access the download area, it will say you have 0 credits left and then go to the download area. Same applies if you want to upgrade TMS.

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 404142  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic