Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > Phones of the future - the V800

Previous  12
Author Phones of the future - the V800
Muhammad-Oli
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2004-10-05 02:13
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
V800 is the phone of the near future, the phone of the future better have a time machine.
This message was posted in the mail
2008, 2009, 2010 Best Australasian Member.
doohan
Xperia X10 Mini Black
PM
Posted: 2004-10-05 05:39
O2, that is 1 wicked UI display if not the best UI i have seen to date on a cell phone, i love the effects...

Now if only i could find a theme like that for my K700i.
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2004-10-05 18:51
Probably the 1st cell phone tat provide full animated theme menus to be release global other than Japan... it uses flash if im not wrong... and this is only the basic.. u shud check SE japan.. the UI is way more better... the V800 UI reminds me of the Sony PS2 menu.. where the sphere is moving around..... here are some more video

Video call -
http://www.se-community.com/~rog/v800/videos/video_call.avi

http://www.se-community.com/~[....]0/videos/termin_aussendisp.avi

http://www.se-community.com/~rog/v800/videos/sound_cap.avi
lynn
T630
PM
Posted: 2004-10-06 04:38
@ 02 : have u noticed the external speakers? that's where it'll gather dust

@ iridium : u are so right about the jappies' mentality and the rest of the world
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2004-10-10 03:39
I wouldn't say it is anything to do with the mentality, the country is just more advanced in general. If the UK was as advanced and had the same dynamic economy then it would be just the same.

I am gadget mad.

As far as I am concerned the more advanced a handset is the better. The more features and gadgets a handset has the better. I love nttdocomos latest range, they are the bollocks.

The latest handsets that have been launched, the Premini-S and Prosolid etc, are prime examples of handsets that break the mould. I can't imagine those handsets selling well anywhere else but Japan.

I would never expect those phones to catch on over in the West yet, maybe because the average person here doesn't embrace the technology as eagerly, but the ideas are innovative and forward looking. The V800 or Z800, as I believe it will be called when it is released on other networks, as well as the Z1010 is how the next generation of top end 3G handsets will look and I can't wait to have one of those in my pocket.

I would like to know how many people are thinking of taking up 3G. Do you guys think that in a couple of years time most people will have a 3G handset?
methylated_spirit
P900 no flip
PM
Posted: 2004-10-10 04:36
Quote:

On 2004-10-04 21:43:40, 02 wrote:
yes we know how it looks like... but thanks for the pic... now i realise the camera is really deep inside the outer casing... hope it does not collect dust... since its a rotating camera... hope the thing will last long and doent get loosen...

The camera is very similar to the LG 8110 cmaera, it doesnt collect dust so i see no reason why the V800 camera should. Rotating cameras are far more robust nowadays than when they were first implemented, should be fine. Look at the p910 flip, its helluva strong! Hopefully the same build quality in will be right across the board.

The more i look at the thing, the more similarities i see with the LG 8110! similar keypad layout, similar camera position, exactly the same earpiece speaker above the screen!

[ This Message was edited by: methylated_spirit on 2004-10-10 03:38 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi