Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > Push my email P910i -

Author Push my email P910i -
gary_b
P910
PM
Posted: 2004-09-30 18:16
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hi,
Just recived my P910i from Singlepoint (uk). Can someone please tell me if I have read it wrong or does this little beauty have push email. I have an email address which receives alerts when Servers go down and rather than having to dial in, I thought the P910i would grab them & let me know..?
Secondly is there a quick way to copy all phone contacts from the P800 to the SIM?

Thanx
G
sxt173
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2004-09-30 22:24
For push email service, you need a push email type server. For example, blackberry's (as far as I know) work with an email server and some additional software that pushes the email to your device.

This is what is meant by push email. Not sure how you would set up your server/phone to work like that.

But yes, P910 does have push retrieval capability and will work with RIM and other services (if your provider has these - like ATT Wireless)
azr@el
P910
PM
Posted: 2004-10-01 10:04
For all those in the UK, O2 are launching the Blackberry Connect program in November.

This program allows for people to use other devices with their Blackberry service.

I can only assume that this will sold as a Bolt On to your usual voice tariff, and software downloaded to your phone.

Proposed supported devices are:

Wireless compatible PPC devices
Nokia Series 80 (ie 9500), 6820, 6830
Sony Ericsson P910i
Wireless compatible Palm devices
Motorola Mpx and Mpx220

My contact at 02 is getting back to me with more info when he has it - it is certainly something that we are going to be selling when it is launched
gary_b
P910
PM
Posted: 2004-10-12 19:16
Thanx...I am with Vodafone though & as yet have no Blackberry enterprise software on the servers either. Does this mean I am f%*ked and will have to continue checking manually?
Also is there a decent VPN client available to connect to a SonicWALL?
Thanx
G
azr@el
P910
PM
Posted: 2004-10-13 10:36
gary_b; when the connect program comes out, you wont need to have the Enterprise Server version - the Internet Mail version 'out of the box' version will also woek - but only on O2

while i am waiting for this to come out, i have installed a trial version of Smartner Duality available here:

http://www.sonyericsson.com/p[....]utions/spg.jsp?template=pp_3_1

This works great - the only problem being that it works with outlook on your workstation rather than the exchange server. This means that your workstation will need to switched on the whole time that you want to receive emails from your lan address.

give it go, it really does work very well, and the trial version shows no signs of expiring yet!
gary_b
P910
PM
Posted: 2004-10-13 11:46
Thanx,
I wish they had released that it would only work with O2 a little earlier as I have gone with Vodafone! Any way I shall give that a shot and see how I get on -
Gary
dannycol
P990 no flip
PM
Posted: 2004-10-16 13:10
Yeah.. only problem with the forth coming O2 sevice is they are quoting a £15 a month charge which includes 5 MB of data transfer..

A bit steep...
SFX Group
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2004-10-16 23:57
Its GPRS dependant as well (Blackberry is), sounds steep to me, nice idea though. My understanding is they push an email and as long as your phone is GPRS active it will get the message (so there must be little listen parts for this service, although i havnt really seen it in the phone yet). Also with Blackberry if you are out GPRS you then get all the emails the next time the GPRS logs on. Sounds nice and VERY new.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi