Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Software, Firmware and Drivers > beware of warranty when upgrading t68 to t68i

Author beware of warranty when upgrading t68 to t68i
arsenalchamp
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-06-15 21:04
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
i had the software upgrade of my t68 done 2 weeks ago at the cpw. everything was fine at first, but now i can not enter new phone no's. to my contacts. i phoned se and they said it was a software fault, and to take it back and get flashed again. i did this today but still the same problem. cpw said to call se as it could be a handset problem. when i phoned and said where the upgrade was done, i was told that because the upgrade was not done at an authorised service centre my warrenty was now invalid, and any problems i have now i will have to go through cpw, when i argued that they supplied the software to cpw to do the upgrades, they said that the cpw must have got software from somewhere else, and they are not authorised to do them. the cpw phoned se and argued the toss but got nowhere, and se told them that i would have to take it to a proper service centre to get the phone looked at.
evoke
K700
PM
Posted: 2002-06-15 21:37
It sounds like CPW's problem. I take you bought the phone from them and they then flashed it for you with the new sw. I would go back in and see the manager. They should replace it for you if they've knackered it - it's up to them not SE as far as I can see.

As long as they haven't told you that it would invalidate your warranty and flashing it is part of the service they offer then I can't see what the problem is? They're just blaming SE to fob you off I think.

Ed [addsig]
^DA^ZoMBiE
T68 grey
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-06-15 23:59
I would tell CPW they will hear from your solicitor within a few days for a civil law suit against the manager. that will make them pull their fingers out.

if cpw are doing a flash upgrade then either they are at fault,

ask CPW manager to phone SE whilst you are there and get it sorted. otherwise take em to court. they won't like the publicity if it went to court and they will get it sorted.

Regards, ^DA^ZoMBIE
T68m/R2F004
cadcad
Satio Silver
PM
Posted: 2002-06-16 00:55
Good luck

This post was posted from a T68i

arsenalchamp
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-06-16 10:51
thanks guys,
i shortened the story so as not to get boring. i have 2 t68's both flashed by them at the same time, the one that has the problem is my daughters, not bought from cpw, but from phones 4 u, but they don't do upgrade, they won't touch the phone now,as they say that i have played around with it, which is fair enough. cpw flashed the phone twice while i was there, but the same problem would not go away, any ideas what could be the matter with it. when you go to add contact it asks for name, after entering this it justs says save and exit.the list that shows home , work etc, does not come up. you can only save contacts by enableing the option to save contacts after a call, type in the no. call it and hang up. then enter contact name.
drbrain
W960
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-06-16 11:00
Have you tried doing a Master-reset on the phone?
Maybe there's som old junk that's causing the problem. When my brother flashed to the new MMS-upgrade the phone just "restarted" itself quite often but after a Master-reset it was all gone.

Maybe it won't solve the problem but hey.. it's worth a try
SonyEricsson W960i
evoke
K700
PM
Posted: 2002-06-16 11:43
In your phone book options go to contact info and make sure you have the boxes ticked next to home/work etc. They wont show unless they are ticked! Worth checking. Ed

This post was posted from a T68i

arsenalchamp
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-06-16 17:19
edwardm
u are a star, it worked a treat!!!!!! one would think that cpw or se would have thought of that, and here was me thinking nothing good ever came out of manchester except the road to highbury!!!
evoke
K700
PM
Posted: 2002-06-16 18:15
Glad to be of help! Oh and yes lots of good things come out of Manchester!

Ed [addsig]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi