Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > HBH-300 vs battery life and style

Author HBH-300 vs battery life and style
hippo
P910
PM
Posted: 2004-09-17 02:59
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
SE have been notoriously optimistic with the battery life claims for their BT headsets. I have an HBH-30, 35, 65, and the new HBH-600 and they all typically give me about 40% of the total talk time it says on the box.

(BTW, the HBH-65 is the worst by far... about 1.25 hours straight off the charger.)

So I am pleased to report that today I made 7 hours and 20 minutes of calls on my HBH-300. Plus about 5 hours of standby. The claim on the box of "up to 10 hours" still seems to be a bit steep, but 7+ hours is very good going for an SE headset.

The standby time has quite an effect on the talktime. Using over two days rather than one reduces the talk time to about four hours.

In functional terms, the HBH-300 is substantially superior to the HBH-600. The background noise of driving, in particular, is far noisier through the 600 than the 300.

The big green light does makes people think you're a Borg.

Any of you new P910 users (@moderators!) know if the P910's superior bluetooth will have an impact on the battery life of the headset itself?
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi