Forum > General discussions > Rumours > Split of se

Author Split of se
scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-09-12 23:29
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
@bart

I'm not too sure the Ericsson bosses would have liked to know that their staff were leaking company R&D projects to people with no official involvement in the company.
At any rate, I don't see that this discussion is actually going anywhere. There seems to be a desire in certain quarters to undermine Sony, why this would be I am not too sure; surely we should be focusing on the current situation rather than the track record of either company.
"I may be drunk my dear woman, but in the morning I will be sober, and you will still be ugly." WSC
BobaFett
R520 copper
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-09-13 00:35
@scotty of course, cos then i have the /// ;o) vlammetje: we dont discuss here other brands and i can compare what i had in my hand and experienced with. Past is past, thats right, but aslong my oldies do fit my everyday use, i may have the right to make here a bit 'advertisement' for my favourite brand and tell my opinion of the present. Nobody get hurt by it. Sony is for me a middle-class co, never was a fan of their products.

This message was posted from a T630

david1975
Z530 black
PM
Posted: 2004-09-13 01:48
Didnt think i would create such a frenzy with this post got you all talking though i think se have done a very good job and will continue to do so didnt think i would get so many replys as you can see im using a k700 to post this

This message was posted from a K700i

bart
Ericsson T68
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-09-13 12:13
one of the bosses of /// knows about me. and he trusts me that i don't go spreading the info that i know. he's a true /// him self and he promised me he'll try to do everything he can to get the home product line and other lines back.

i like sony as brand of hifi/tv/discman and other stuff. but i find that you can have the same technology for less money just with another logo on it. sure sony is good, although service could be better, products should be cheaper and more inovation.
With Ericsson and Nokia gone: we must keep their spirits alive and buy JOLLA or YOTA
methylated_spirit
P900 no flip
PM
Posted: 2004-09-13 12:25
When ericsson made phones and sony made phones, sony phones were so much better. Ericsson were seen as cheap, scond-rate, difficult menu systems,uneccessarily cluttered and fiddly. And they had been designing them for years. Sony only had 2 or 3 mobiles out, but they really did their homework, they were small, light, easy to use, good looking, straightforward, and still packed with features.

I stand by what i said earlier, ericsson need sony, but sony dont need ericsson.

P800,P900,LG8110

[ This Message was edited by: methylated_spirit on 2004-09-13 11:26 ]
Vlammetje
C702 Cyan
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-09-13 13:00
Quote:

On 2004-09-13 12:13:17, bart wrote:
he's a true /// him self

that poor man.

notwithstanding that somebody trusted you (a schoolboy) with his R&D info (which I find somewhat hard to believe) he could have gotten fired for that.

You bragging about it could also have gotten him fired. All in all it sounds rather dodgy imho.
methylated_spirit
P900 no flip
PM
Posted: 2004-09-13 13:16
Unless its his dad...
Hello, Scroto!

U.G.L.Y. You ain't got no alibi, you ugly!
Vlammetje
C702 Cyan
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-09-13 13:18
my dad works at a bank
do you really believe that he informed us of every clients credits and liabilities? OF COURSE NOT!

If Ericsson really had a few high placed officials that blabbered away to anybody and everybody, in a world where industrial espionage is more than just a myth........ they were in deeper trouble than i realised.
BobaFett
R520 copper
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-09-13 13:31
Happened what happened, /// will never make mob fones again. If se will in the future, we ll see. Anyway, there is an /// museum in sweden, not sure if sony, se whatever will have one. Thats all i can say, thx for the discussion, its a nice thread.

This message was posted from a T630

Krubach
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2004-09-13 13:49
I've been reading this thread and this is worse than a Nokia-SE flaming war.

IMO, and I repeat, IMO, SE was a smart move from both companies.
Ericsson was THE most technologically advanced among GSM manufacturers and Sony was the most technologically advanced among Media manufacturers and they realised that MEDIA was the future of GSM so, again, they did a smart move.

I was a /// fan (@Vlamm: the three bars resemble the Ericsson logo, that's why they're used...) but i must admit that i didn't like the design much (from the models that were out, not prototypes, 'cause i don't have any inside info... ) although they were great phones. The R380 was a step forward in business phones.

Sony had an OK design (there were no great designs in the past, for me all phones were ugly...) and some media features (pics and sound features, etc...) and were very good phones.

And i admit, i'm a Nokia hater. Don't ask me why, i just can't stand Nokia. It's something from the heart [addsig]
bart
Ericsson T68
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-09-13 13:51
there are so many ericsson bosses that love ericsson its hard to find the right one

eu sony's first european phone hit the market in 1997
sony made 13 phones for the european market before SE was made
sony products didn't sell well because of low demand, poor advertising, designs not catching the eye and most of all limited supply
With Ericsson and Nokia gone: we must keep their spirits alive and buy JOLLA or YOTA
methylated_spirit
P900 no flip
PM
Posted: 2004-09-13 13:57
It was the design that caught my eye, but you are right about the marketing, they should have marketed it a lot better.
Hello, Scroto!

U.G.L.Y. You ain't got no alibi, you ugly!
scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-09-13 17:18
@bart

I really do not mean to get onto you, I really am genuinely interested, but I have to admit that I tend to agree with Vlamm when she says that she finds it hard to believe that someone in a position of authority at Ericsson would have revealed industrial secrets to you. Why would this person give such confidential information to you?

@all

I agree with methylated_spirit with regards to the appeal of Sony mobile phones, I genuinely liked the designs. I'm not quite sure why there seems to be an 'argument' here, both Sony and Ericsson had flaws with regards to mobile phones, but I believe they have managed to combine the best points of both companies. I don't think Ericsson was ever a major force in the UK at any rate, mind you, neither was Sony. Perhaps I am wrong, but I can't ever recall many people with either Sony or Ericsson phones.
I would seriously doubt whether Ericsson will ever make mobile phones as an independent company again, the future is very much SonyEricsson.
"I may be drunk my dear woman, but in the morning I will be sober, and you will still be ugly." WSC
bart
Ericsson T68
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-09-13 17:29
getting info from people is hard, but info for info always works. i can't tell how i work to get info from people. its a trade secret
i know its hard to believe, but i'm not the only one who's rather young that can get his hands on some special info.
draak1
P910
PM
Posted: 2004-09-13 18:34
Guys,Sony need Ericsson for IP patentie somthing like that and Ericsson was almost bankrupt in Mobile branche sector,not whole Ericsson as a company.

Ericsson's mobile/telecom division dind't sell much,that is reason why Ericsson has some problems and for that Ericsson chooce for the Telecom division in order to save.

And what Bart said about R&D,yes he has richt about that.

Eveyting is going wrong sinds the introduce of the Euro and a weak Dollar.

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi