Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
methylated_spirit
P900 no flip
PM
Posted: 2004-09-11 22:57
I cant see them splitting at all.
Hello, Scroto!

U.G.L.Y. You ain't got no alibi, you ugly!
david1975
Z530 black
PM
Posted: 2004-09-11 23:16
I never actualy said they would split i just thought i would mention i read something about se thought you lot would be interested

This message was posted from a Nokia

BobaFett
R520 copper
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-09-11 23:22
If it would come to a split, only sony will stay there a looser, cos /// delivered enough evidences how to make a fone.

This message was posted from a T630

Residentevil
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-09-11 23:29
Just a rumor by a disgruntled No Kia user, who rather would bite his arm off than admitting that he would like to burry his Nokia phone in his backyard and buy . Although he would feel a lot better then.
Tough times don't last, tough people do!
Free Tibet
BobaFett
R520 copper
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-09-11 23:35
I dont think so. He read it and where to ask it if not here?

bart
Ericsson T68
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-09-11 23:36
during the first 2 years of SE both /// and sony said that if SE wouldn't become proffitable they would split. unfortunatly (imo) SE is very proffitable. thx to a good cost reduction and good profit/sold item (phone or accesoire).
With Ericsson and Nokia gone: we must keep their spirits alive and buy JOLLA or YOTA
BobaFett
R520 copper
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-09-11 23:50
@bart they didnt reduced only the costs ;o) ...

Lynx69
W810 white
PM
Posted: 2004-09-11 23:51
@boba what else did they reduce?

>>*Wow 2100+ posts*<<
BobaFett
R520 copper
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-09-11 23:55
Quality, logical features, design ... IMHO ( ! )

bart
Ericsson T68
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-09-12 00:59
correct

desing is nowhere to be found, menu IU could've been nicer, battery performence. but most of all. INOVATION!
With Ericsson and Nokia gone: we must keep their spirits alive and buy JOLLA or YOTA
scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-09-12 01:42
I was never an Ericsson fan myself, I always considered their phones to be reminiscent of cold Soviet era blobs of plastic rather than cutting edge modern innovation; in fairness their features were usually quite good though. My opinion changed when I bought my T68i, I thought, and still do, that this was the finest mobile phone ever produced.
It is extremely unlikely that Sony and Ericsson will split, they have both invested a lot of money in this partnership and it would cost them both a great deal of money to end it. SE's market share is increasing, but I believe that there is a tendency for some people to assume that they are not doing as well as they might be, this is probably true to a certain degree, but SE aim at a different section of the market than, for example, Nokia. Nokia aim their products at everyone, hence the reason most of their phones are glorified paper wieghts. Now before david1975 scrambles for his keyboard to accuse me of being an SE 'fanatic' or a Nokia 'hater' I should mention that I have owned several Nokia phones in the past, some of, which were actually rather good. The fact still remains that Nokia aims a great deal of its products at a very wide market; which includes those who are looking for a very basic phone, whether due to cost or because they do not want/need advanced features. Nokia, on the whole, produce adequate mobile phones, not usually outstanding, but adequate.
In this light I would have thought that a merger between Nokia and either of Sony or Ericsson would have been a bad idea if it were ever seriously considered. Both Sony and Ericsson produced mobile phones aimed at those who wanted and/or appreciated mobile phones with more than just standard features and whose primary motivation for buying a phone wasn't that it allowed one to put an over priced brightly coloured fascia on it.
If SE were to split I would have thought that Sony would be in a better position to continue producing mobile phones owing to the fact that it is the larger company with considerable resources behind it; although I have a feeling that its initial market would be Japan before it widened to include the rest of the world again. I would agree with boba regarding Ericsson's prospects after a split with Sony.

[ This Message was edited by: scotsboyuk on 2004-09-12 00:47 ]
david1975
Z530 black
PM
Posted: 2004-09-12 01:48
Im not a nokia fan as much as i sound i just like to read and discus both views i cant see anything wrong with that and if i do sound like i favour nokia i am sorry to all se fans my brother is slowly bringing me round to liking se i always liked ericsson

This message was posted from a Nokia

scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-09-12 01:55
@david1975

It is rather curious that so many SE fans were Ercisson fans rather than Sony fans. I understand that Ericsson had more mobile phones available than Sony did, but, even so, there does seem to be a huge imbalance. Personally, as I stated above, I was never a huge Ericsson fan, I did own one Ericsson phone and returned it after a few days.
"I may be drunk my dear woman, but in the morning I will be sober, and you will still be ugly." WSC
david1975
Z530 black
PM
Posted: 2004-09-12 02:07
Im still trying to make up my mind which phone to keep the nokia 6230 or the se k700 its a tough one both have good points

This message was posted from a K700i

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi