Esato

Forum > General discussions > Other manufacturers > A Plea to All the Expert Wallpaper Creators - E715

123  Next
Author A Plea to All the Expert Wallpaper Creators - E715
lottocalcio
K700
PM
Posted: 2004-09-01 05:32
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
To all the expert theme/wallpaper makers

My girlfriend has a birthday in a week. She wanted a Samsung E715, so I got her one as a gift. I am trying to pretty it up a bit now before I give it to her.

Could anyone PLEEEASE make a wallpaper for E715 out of the picture that I am uploading. I would be very thankful to you, guys. The problem is that the picture is wider, as opposed to longer, but I hope that something can be done. If the image/size is distorted, could you maybe center it on the screen and attach hearts or some sort of heart ribbons over and under the picture. The E715 supports animated wallpapers...if those hearts can be animated somehow, that would be absolutely fantastic!

Here is the link to the picture:

I think that the wallpaper could work for a lot of guys who try to "wing" some last minute romantic stuff...he-he

Please people, help a guy out here

Thanx in advance!
rdnymllnsktr
W760 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-09-01 05:35
Do you have the dimensions in pixels of what the picture is supposed to be?
MyPhoneExplorer is the new FMA!

http://www.fjsoft.at/en/downloads.php
lottocalcio
K700
PM
Posted: 2004-09-01 05:50
rdnymllnsktr, thanks for the reply

Do you mean what pixel size the ready E715 wallpaper should be?
If that's what you are asking me, I am sorry to say that I don't know. I am still a newbie here. I hope that someone else here would know what picture size is the wallpaper for the E715. If I find out, I'll post it here right away.

Otherwise, do you know how to create the wallpaper. To be hones with you, I don't even know what file format the ready picture needs to be...maybe GIF???

Thank you.
GOwin
T39 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-09-01 06:06
check out the dimension of an existing wall paper in your phone.

isn't 128 x 128 the useable display size?
lottocalcio
K700
PM
Posted: 2004-09-01 18:29
I checked online, and from what I found, it seems that the display size is 128X160 pixels. I guess you would think that the wallpaper size should be the same, right? If I am wrong, maybe someone more experienced here could correct me.
Also, my original picture is in the JPEG format, whereas I think that the wallpaper must be .GIF.

Are there any proficient PhotoShop-ers out there that would like to give it a try and help me out???

Thanks!
50Cent
W800
PM
Posted: 2004-09-01 18:49
search for a program called Easy studio Pims.... really easy to create pics for ur samsung even i can do it!!!!

Twista
Trusted Trader: 50Cent (+6, -0)
lottocalcio
K700
PM
Posted: 2004-09-01 19:07
Twista wrote:

search for a program called Easy studio Pims.... really easy to create pics for ur samsung even i can do it!!!!

Twista,

Thanks for the reply. I have an E715. I thought that I could only use Easy GPRS, whereas EasyStudio is not an option for the e715 model.
Am I wrong?

Also, can Easy GPRS be used to create wallpaers, or could you only use EasyStudio?

To be honest with you, I downloaded the Easy GPRS program, but have not had the chance to install it and play around with it yet
50Cent
W800
PM
Posted: 2004-09-01 19:17
i wouldnt have thought it matters if its a E700 or E715. they have the same screen size... all you're doing is creating a pic to send via IR or cable to "a" phone...

Twista
lottocalcio
K700
PM
Posted: 2004-09-01 19:27
You know, Twista, you would think so, as this seems logical. However, I am pretty sure that I read it somewhere (maybe in this same forum) that Easy GPRS is the only software you could use on an E715.
As a matter of fact, when you go the the "Downloads" section on the samsung.com web site and input SGH-E715, it only gives you the option to download the phone manual in .PDF and the EasyGPRS software. No EasyStudio is available
50Cent
W800
PM
Posted: 2004-09-01 19:29
hmm.. strange.. i dont see whats different (wallpaper wise) between the 2 phones..i will look into the matter.

Twista
Vlammetje
C702 Cyan
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-09-01 20:15
why would a program calld 'esay GPRS' help with wallpapers??

Can't find anyting on wallpaper size however the ones that exist all appear to be square so I suspect it has to be 128*128
lottocalcio
K700
PM
Posted: 2004-09-01 20:29
Vlammetje,

You are right - EasyGPRS would not do anything for the creation of wallpapers, just the transport from and to the phone. That's why I can't make my own wallpaper. Actually, there are other programs to do that, from what I hera...Adobe Photoshop being the main one, but my problem is not the deisire to do it...it is my inability ot create my own wallpaper

Otherwise you are right...I just found out from the Samsung web site about the size of the E715 wallpapers:

E715 WALLPAERS AND IMAGES MUST BE:

1. NO LARGER THAN 128x128 pixels;
2. NO MORE THAN 80 KB IN FILE SIZE; and
3. .GIF or .JPEG FILE FORMAT

Sorry for giving you wrong info before, guys Ignorance is not always a bliss, despite what they tell you

Would any expert wallpaper creator be able to help me???
Vlammetje
C702 Cyan
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-09-01 20:32
not me... no idea how to do the 'ribbons' and having a rather hard time doing animated hearts as it is
lottocalcio
K700
PM
Posted: 2004-09-01 20:49
Vlammetje,

The hearts and the ribbons were just an artistic suggestion.

Could you then just transform the JPEG (roughly 281 KB) into an identical and suitable wallpaper (128x128, <80KB, GIF/JPEG) format.

If the ribbons are so hard to do, we'll not worry about them. If the still or animated hearts are possible, it would make the wallpaper nicer, but if it's too much work or extra KBytes, we could omit them too.

Wanna give it a shot ?! I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks for the replies.
Vlammetje
C702 Cyan
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-09-01 21:22
still hearts are rather easy. It's the animation that I have troubles with (yes this is something I've been trying to do earlier on)

Ribbons are somthing I've never done at all and since I am seriously lacking in the field of artistic talent (drawing) I might be quite unsuccesfull

Uhm if I download this image in the thread I will have to cut off the left bit to get rid of the cheeky esato tag I'm just guessing you wouldn't want that on the actual wallpaper

I'll give it a shot then.... wouldn't mind someone else having a go at it as well though..... it's always good to have options
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi