Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > Worms like game for Px00 available at:

Previous  123 ... 38 394041  Next
Author Worms like game for Px00 available at:
floss
P800
PM
Posted: 2005-09-05 15:26
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
The new version of Soldier Ants including multiplayer games over the internet is progressing nicely. I hope to have a beta version ready sometime during this week which I will host on my website. I will leave a message here when it is ready.

To play over the internet I need to setup an account for you on the Soldier Ants server. So if you want to give it a go then send an email to support@smartmobilegames.com with the following information:

- the username and password that you want to use for Soldier Ants.
- your original order details including:
. - the shop you bought the game from (eg Handango).
. - the date that you bought it or the order number.
. - the device id of the device you want to play on
. (IMEI number or Owner:)

Cheers,

Tom

[ This Message was edited by: floss on 2005-09-05 15:31 ]

[ This Message was edited by: floss on 2005-09-05 15:32 ]
Qwerty_uk
P900 no flip
PM
Posted: 2005-09-05 17:18
Will try to remember to email my details tonight.

One question: which internet connections will it support?

I guess some people will want to know if they can use either GPRS or GSM connections, but what I'm most interested in is whether it will automatically use my PC's connection when I've got it paired over bluetooth (the way the Opera browser does).

If this is not possible, perhaps Gnubox's feature of adding bluetooth connection to the internet connections list would help?

Thanks!
floss
P800
PM
Posted: 2005-09-05 17:47
> One question: which internet connections will it support?

I have only tried it on a GPRS connection through my PC. I'll know more about the game's limits when people start trying to use it.

> I'm most interested in is whether it will automatically use my PC's
> connection when I've got it paired over bluetooth (the way the
> Opera browser does).

I had to tell my phone to use its GPRS connection before running the game. The only other connection type I have is some dial-up internet via WAP style thing which didn't work at all.

Once I have people connecting to the game I can start to look at setup issues as well as all the bugs that will pop up. This is my first attempt at making a game connect over the internet so I'm expecting it to be lots of 'fun'.

Cheers,

Tom
floss
P800
PM
Posted: 2005-09-13 14:07
This is a bigger job than I expected! Looks like I'll overshoot by about a week. I'm now hoping to get it up and running for a first test at the weekend.

It will be a significant improvement on the way the old bluetooth version worked. There is a proper lobby screen listing all the available players. You can invite anyone you want to play against and if they accept your invitation you go to a shared game setup screen... and when youre both happy with the setup, you can play.

Tom
knight4led
W810 black
PM
Posted: 2005-09-13 21:04
This sounds very promising. I'll email you my details soon so I can try the beta of online play.
Rul
P800 no flip
PM
Posted: 2005-09-14 14:41
I can't wait. I hope you get it up and runnig Floss!
floss
P800
PM
Posted: 2005-09-15 15:15
Well, I've done all I can without anyone playing it. It is time to see how well it copes in the real world!

I've played a few games between my PC and my phone sat in its cradle and it all seems to work very well.
Qwerty_uk
P900 no flip
PM
Posted: 2005-09-16 10:30
Excellent. Is it available on smartmobilegames then? What's the version number?

I will give it a try over the weekend - hopefully there'll be someone around to play against!

Have sent an email to ask for a username set-up. How many usernames have been created so far?
floss
P800
PM
Posted: 2005-09-16 12:29
You'll be able to download it from www.smartmobilegames.com as soon as it is ready (look for the Beta section).

There are only four of us ready to play online so far. That is enough to test it out but more would be better. I'll be online most of the time, so you shouldnt have any trouble finding someone to play against.

Cheers,

Tom
Rul
P800 no flip
PM
Posted: 2005-09-16 14:52
Floss, is there also an option to chat during the game? Or is that something to work on later.
floss
P800
PM
Posted: 2005-09-16 14:58
There is no chat option yet. I have left a huge lump of screen free to add a chat window into the lobby (which I'll fill in once I confirm that the game works!).

I hadnt thought of adding chat during play, but I guess when you're watching your opponents turn being able to send some 'encouragement' might be fun.

Tom
floss
P800
PM
Posted: 2005-09-17 14:24
The online version is now available on my website (www.smartmobilegames.com). I'll hopefully keep it running over the entire weekend.

Cheers,

Tom
floss
P800
PM
Posted: 2005-09-17 16:00
Well, I just had the first test of the online version and it is working! We managed to get a game running between the UIQ and PocketPC versions internationally!

I identified a few problems and when I have fixed them I'll start the server up again. The next test should be at the weekend.

Cheers,

Tom

[ This Message was edited by: floss on 2005-09-19 10:34 ]
floss
P800
PM
Posted: 2005-09-26 16:59
The online beta version is now back up and running. You'll need to grab a new version from the Soldier Ants Beta page on my website before you can join in.

Cheers,

Tom
Rul
P800 no flip
PM
Posted: 2005-09-26 19:43
Great, and you´ve been busy with a new game. I´m checking it out right now.

Is it also possible to play online using the internetconnection of my pc when my ppc is connected with activesync? And can I also use WIFI?

[ This Message was edited by: Rul on 2005-09-26 18:58 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 38 394041  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic