Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > K700 Vodafone branding - senior level response

Visitors browsing this topic: 1
Add to Bookmarks
Previous  123  Next
Author K700 Vodafone branding - senior level response
carlos22
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2004-08-10 22:33
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I gave my phone back to vodafone and told them all the things we all know... (it's crap!)

Ordered one from ebay instead (£200 + £20 shipping) from that hong kong place, being shipped out now.

Had a p800 and p900 before from Vodafone which don't have the vodafone live crap on them, so when i got my k700 from them i was like wtf!

I understand why they're doing it, they're looking for an extra charging platform (vodafone live) to get their 3g money back since 3g isn't going to happen yet. But at least i still have the option of getting an unlocked phone and use it with their sim.

When they start to block unlocked non vodafone live phones from their network that's really where i'll need to get the molotov cocktails out! ;-]

GTiR88
K700
PM
Posted: 2004-08-11 01:15
hahaha...Great work there steve...a truely professional approch.

I had a Vodafone branded T610, got over it within the 1st hour of using it. Got it flashed 1 week later....ever since then i have promised myself never to buy a vodafone branded phone again.

The mp3 ringtone thing....tottallyyy GAY!!!!

Quintin
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2004-08-11 08:49
UGLY... hello orange logo on a gr8 looking silver phone! Thats the only reason i didnt get the otherisw cheaper voda
rmg
P800
PM
Posted: 2004-08-11 09:45
They make me so angry.

They have crippled mp3 playback to increase their revenue from downloaded mp3's and polychronics.

Protect users from copyright infringement my arse.

[ This Message was edited by: rmg on 2004-08-11 08:47 ]
goff
T610
PM
Posted: 2004-08-11 10:52
Vodafone wants to "protect its customers from inadvertent copyright infringement" and "attempt to protect its customers from inadvertent illegal activity".

Actually the customers Vodafone is refferring to here are probably the content providing customers and not the end-users as ourselfs. I realized the same problem with my dad's Z1010 which couldn't play MP3 as ringtones unless they were "copyright protected" or whatever it is called. My K700 is of course non-branded since I would never - ever - get a branded phone.

Well, unless a super-duper phone is released only as branded.

@stevehuls - great work
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-08-11 11:55
I am not defending them but i have used a Voda-branded phone and i had no probs whatsoever with erconomics and functionallity. On the other hand, the mp3 restriction does suck.
And one more thing: that's their strategy and they will never change it. This Live thing is what gives them media revenues.
" They say i'm sick; they`re right, it's called 'Terminal Boredom!' "
Follow me on twitter.com/bograma
Read my Symbian UIQ 3.0 reviews at Juvo's
Vlammetje
C702 Cyan
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-08-11 12:55
i wonder what those 'media revenues' will be worth once there is no more 'product revenue' from their phones sales and networks, as every bloody customer will have departed

Anyway, they will not easily change, the only way that willl ever happen is when all the masses decide to switch provider and have unbranded phones.

Katsura
T650 Green
PM
Posted: 2004-08-11 13:09
I think the best way to remind them there are customers such as us is to make a signed or on-line petition.

Granted, big companies like Vodafone will mostly ignor "pathetic" petitions. Even if 1000 of us sign up, that's only 1000 customer in their HUGE pool. However on the other hand, anythig done to make them aware of the problem is useful, and we have nothing to loose.

Another point is we should make as many people aware of this customise practice. Here at esato, power users do a lot of research and knows lots about the phones they are going to purchase. However how many non-techy, street users knows things such as this? Not many - or simply, many don't care, or don't think it's important enough in their choice of handsets/netowrk.

So anything we can do to make as many people aware of the problem is also good. We should gather all the post here and forward them to Vodafone customer support as well.
Ewok^
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2004-08-11 16:13
@stevehulse

Can you give me her email address? I have a different bone to pick.. (see my other thread if any one is interested)

If you are on singlepoint, they can and will give you unbranded ones if you ask for them, they have them on their stock system down as k700i-o2, k700i-UK, k700i-Vodaphone, the UK ones are unbranded. I got one as an upgrade last week. When i rang they were out of k700i-vodaphone so that might have had somthing to do with it:)
lamebot
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-08-11 16:33
I agree with Katsura - Vodafone is too big to care about a couple of enthusiasts (i.e. us). The large mass of customers probably will never know that they get a sub-standard product.

However this kind of behavior will make a difference in the long run. Customer management research shows you should pay the most attention to the happiest and unhappiest customers - because they are much more likely to spread their opinions than the average customers.

With the K700i branding I think Vodafone has really made a mistake. Most average customers are probably willing to accept a logo and ugly icons (like on the T610) and even operator locking, but mp3 ringtones is something the average user really wants and will react about.

[ This Message was edited by: lamebot on 2004-08-11 15:34 ]

[ This Message was edited by: lamebot on 2004-08-11 15:35 ]
methylated_spirit
P900 no flip
PM
Posted: 2004-08-11 16:39
Im with vodafone, and the vodafone live thing is utterly unbelievably frustratingly gutchurningly bad. All that branding! Could u pm me thispersons email address? wouldnt mind a winge at them meself...
Hello, Scroto!

U.G.L.Y. You ain't got no alibi, you ugly!
plasmadog
K750
PM
Posted: 2004-08-11 17:18
okay,
just for the record, does this mp3 ringtone problem exist at vodafone around the globe, or only uk?
Dragonfly_TP
M600 black
PM
Posted: 2004-08-11 17:19
hey it is your own choice in buying a vodafone messed up phone or not! Years ago, well at least b4 I bought my T100, I wanted a Moto V300, but it had this t-mobile logo in the inside, completelly trashing the design of the phone...
Ewok^
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2004-08-11 17:25
They should all be as origional specs, otherwise they should change the name of the phone, as it is NOT the origional phone!
bico
W810 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-08-11 19:44
@stevehulse: Really good work of yours!

The conclusion is, as have been said and written quite a lot of times before, not at least here at Esato: Never, ever, buy a Vodafone branded phone! Never, ever, feed and support them!
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi