Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > 10 true reasons to avoid buying a K700

123 ... 91011  Next
Author 10 true reasons to avoid buying a K700
Silex
K700
PM
Posted: 2004-08-05 09:38
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
After having experienced it, I can tell you that K700 is definitely not the smartest choice in mobile phones. Let's summarise the reason why K700 is finally not worth it. 10 reasons why you should avoid to buy this phone are listed below.

1) If you are a Nokia user, you'll be pissed off by the T9 sms system : it's way too slow although its better than T610. And if you want to change a word or take another suggestion from the T9 system, you'll have to use the joystick to scroll among the T9 propositions, meaning quit the keyboard. It sounds to be a detail, but at the end of the day, it is really annoying.

2) If you're a trendsetter type of guy, you'll not like the ugly keypad design and the overall techy look of the phone which is also very fat and not as comfortable in your hand as the previous T610/T630

3) If you're fond of quality, after one of two months, you'll be angry because the rubber Quickshare sticker does not stick well enough. After resticking it 3 times, you'll ask yourself why you bought such a phone. The hole on the back of the phone for the camera will also be full of dust.

4) If you're a Samsung user, you we'll be disappointed by the software glitches and problems. Very often, when trying to access a menu, you'll move with your joystick let's say one time and the operating system will be too slow. Thinking that the system has not understood your move, you'll move one more time and suddenly, your lovely K700 will make quickly two moves instead of one. As annoying as the SMS slowness.

5) If you like to see the battery life and phone status without pressing a key, you'll be disappointed by the ugly fat clock appearing as screensaver to save the battery life. (Although you can see the missed calls and SMS with a symbol which is better than the old SE phone).

6) If you're a travel user or if you upgrade from another SE phone, then you'll be very disappointed of the poor battery life. If you don't charge it one every two days, then you're almost certain to be out of battery, and that without using the phone heavily.

7) If you like nice looking keypad backlighting (e.g. the one of the T610), then you'll be very disappointed by the white-purple backlighting of the K700. The keys remind early Panasonic phones. A new phone that looks old fashioned.

If you're an iPod user, you'll be very disappointed not having the possibility to add memory cards to the phone. Although SE claims MP3 features, the phone has not enough memory to store more than let's say 5-6 songs, if you have already video shot and pictures in it.

9) If you're a Sony Cybershot user, you'll be disappointed by the bad quality of the 0.3 mega pixels camera of your K700. Perhaps you thought that you would buy a Sony Ericsson phone for Sony's expertise in digital cameras. Forget it or take a Sharp 1 mega pixels phone. The flash also will not help you to shoot in the dark. Or maybe to find your keys?

10) If you're a Smartphone user, then you'll be annoyed as well: the software isn't perfect, you'll have to upgrade your K700 very often, and guess what? You'll have to give it to a SE Service Centre one or two days to upgrade your lovely phone : there is no possibility to upgrade it yourself through the web.

[ This Message was edited by: Silex on 2004-08-05 08:52 ]
SteveS
D750
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-08-05 09:43
welll... what a load off poo, thats mostly ur personal opinion and not fact, i had no probs with mine, cameras good, the stickers fine, battery life isnt that bad, and who dosnt charge their phone every other nite anyway. software dosnt seam slow. and so on.
i love mine
whizkidd
W950 Blue
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-08-05 09:44
Now this is gonna be one interesting thread! But isn't there a thread called 'K700 problems' ?

This message was posted from a T230

Ewok^
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2004-08-05 09:53
Most of that is opinion with a smattering of null points.

"If your a xxx user"

Where xxx is a completely different device designed for one particular feature (ipod, cybershot) where as this is a phone with these features as secondary?!

Twit.
Aivar
T68i
PM
Posted: 2004-08-05 10:08
Talking about design.. I agree with Silex that the keypad design of K700i is ugly. By my opinions the most beautiful keypad design has 1) T39m 2) T68i.

And all design of K700i is ugly. T630 was quite nice (read: normal).

Also it's true that K700i is a bit fat to feel qood in your hand or pocket.

It has been discussed before, but I have to say it again: when Ericsson joined Sony, Sony ruined the good design of last Ericsson models. Mobile phones of Sony has always been mostly ugly, now also phones of SonyEricsson.

I guess, Japanese just have different taste of beauty. Unfortunately.

[ This Message was edited by: Aivar on 2004-08-05 09:09 ]
whizkidd
W950 Blue
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-08-05 10:12
I stand on the other side of the divide. I just love the looks of the K700. Even my friends who are diehard nokia fans love the K700 design.

Jools
C510 Black
PM
Posted: 2004-08-05 10:19
Not facts, just mainly personal opinion....

"If you're an iPod user, you'll be very disappointed not having the possibility to add memory cards to the phone."

Why? I am an iPod user so I couldn't care less whether the phone can store more than 6 MP3's - that's what I've got the iPod for!!
Burgaz
P990
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-08-05 10:22
Hell of a lot of "if"'s in that statement...
swipe108
S700
PM
Posted: 2004-08-05 10:26
if you call this your "audition piece" for David Letterman's top ten list, you wouldn't pass.
Fritz24
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2004-08-05 10:33
Hmm what a bizarre thread. All I'd say to this is 'If you're a person who's capable of thinking for themself and making up your own mind, you'll decide whether to get the phone or not using your own judgement.'

I am, and I did, and I've not been disappointed.
Burgaz
P990
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-08-05 11:01
@Fritz
Well said dude!!!
Fritz24
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2004-08-05 11:05
Well it's true. The only problems I've had with the phone are branding related, nothing to do with the actual handset. I've also got an MP3 player so don't care that the phone can't store many. And as for battery life it's not as good as my T610 was that's for sure, but with moderate use I've got 4 days out of it, which isn't too bad...
ares
P1
PM
Posted: 2004-08-05 11:10
What a load of c...!

This message was posted from a K700i

whizkidd
W950 Blue
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-08-05 11:21
To the thread creator: If not the K700, which phone would you choose?

waja800
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2004-08-05 11:22
I totally disagree with the thread's author. I don't have the problem that he mentioned. This is so far one of the best phones i've bought so far. Keypads are nice, battery is ok, lasts me 2 days, camera is considered good for a 0.3 megapixels cam.

This message was posted from a K700i

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
123 ... 91011  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic