Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Software, Firmware and Drivers > Just updated K700i firmware to R2E011 - Now bug free! (With photo)

Previous  1234  Next
Author Just updated K700i firmware to R2E011 - Now bug free! (With photo)
superjorn82
W900 white
PM
Posted: 2004-08-03 10:28
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I don't understand why everyone is so upset about this fw?! its been like this from the dawn of days! every phone has fw problem when their first released! se, nokia etc all wants to release their new phones asap (probably because all you guys here at esato keep talking about them to hurry up etc) Did you guys really think that the k700 would be bug free?! there is no such thing as bug free. I like the k700 even though its not bug free, and i'll keep upgrading it until i buy a new phone, witch also will be full of bugs. thats just the way the story goes...
vojta66
W995 Silver
PM
Posted: 2004-08-03 12:23
@superjorn82
I fully agree with you.
michka
Sony Xperia E1
PM
Posted: 2004-08-03 13:39
And you are happy that you buy phones full of bugs?
Simply because the phone makers don't spend enough on testing and quality assurance before releasing a new model?
You know what, in two years time they will start selling phones which do not even connect to the network. And you will still be happy!
Pedestrian: don't run, my car is faster anyway.
damo55
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2004-08-03 13:50
The k700 would almost certainly freeze on a 999 call.I sold mine to a friend about a week ago for £160 or 180.Yesterday,he asked me if i wanted to buy it back for £95,but i would rather streak in manchester on a peak hour,than fritter my money on useless tat.

This message was posted from a Nokia

JKay
K750
PM
Posted: 2004-08-03 15:10
Its one thing that new bugs are introduced. Another thing is when features disappear!
In version R2E the appointments are no longer marked as bold dates in the month calender. So now I can no longer see on which days I need to do things. Now I have to go to the week view to see my appointments. I find that really annoying!
turboy
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2004-08-03 15:50
JKay,

I also noticed that the date is no longer in BOLD on the R2E011 Firmware!
I use calendar alot and now this'll throw a spanner in the works.

I think the firmware programmers need something to keep them occupied or secure their jobs. Leave something out on purpose give's 'em work to come up with the fix.

Apart from that, I'm loving the phone - I can't play with it enough.
(Too bad you can only fit 80 games in the phone max - I have 90).
vojta66
W995 Silver
PM
Posted: 2004-08-03 15:56
this is really a pain in the a** with calendar.......i just have mine k700i for an upgrade.......supposingly it will be upgraded for R2E....ufffffff
dj_wolfinstein
K700
PM
Posted: 2004-08-03 21:10
Hi,
Well if the rumor is true that R3A version of the firmware will be out..then I think I will wait..Not very keen on updating to the R2E version as my R2A does not suffer much apart frm the battery issue...+ everyone here has confused me even more that R2E is more of a damaged version..
If anyone is writing next to SE or any SE tech reading please note...!

1) The microphone lags 3 seconds for the caller to hear the receivers voice.

2) Why is different battery being sold in different regions..Is to save cost or increase your profit.
2 pegs of whisky-Rs500,4 shots of Tequila-Rs1000,6 cans of Beer-Rs300,Driving home a Girl who has drank all this-PRICELESS
tors
Xperia Ray
PM
Posted: 2004-08-03 21:50
Hmm, how is it with the phone memory when a firmware update is done? Will any settings prior to the update remain? Will music and java apps remain in memory? Phonebook? Or is it a total wipeout?

Have a nice day!
damo55
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2004-08-03 22:04
3 second lag,yeah i remember that.HELLO,HELLO,can you hear me?What next se?

This message was posted from a Nokia

themarques
W950 Blue
PM
Posted: 2004-08-04 00:02
Well you guys shouldnt complain to much, unless you would prefer they do what they did with the Z1010 and announce it in 2003 and then release it on 2004!!! I guess they were trying to sort out the firmware (NOT). Took a hell of a long time though...
GTiR88
K700
PM
Posted: 2004-08-10 04:22
There has been news of a new Firmware R2L001

Seems to be only overseas at the moment.

I've rang phonetec and accord... they only supply R2E upgrades.....

Has anyone heard of this new upgrade in Australia?
nhs03
K750
PM
Posted: 2004-08-10 05:01
well i really don't have that many problems w/my K. everything is fine, the panoramic feature, the screensaver, pretty much everything is OK!
but the only thing i would have to agree in would be the 3 seconds delay when answering, that is a total bitch, i actually have to wait to hear background noise before i can say "hello"
OH and another thing, i downloaded the java game called "alien scum" along w/others and well everything was fine until 2 days ago the game would act up, it would ask me for language, no scores archived, no sounds, so i decided to delete it... BAD IDEA!! now i can't find that game anywhere on SE via WAP, can anyone help me get this game back? it's my favorite one!! please any help would help!! tanx
feco
C902 Red
PM
Posted: 2004-08-10 05:12
All K700 can be flash to a newer version I had a Hong Kong (R2A) and I took it to the SE center and they flash the R2L for me

http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=65571&start=30
uncoloured
K700
PM
Posted: 2005-01-14 19:51
@JKay, and everybode else regarding the new fw R2E011.

I just got my mobile back from FW flashing, and I have found so many bugs in this firmware already. I have called SE CallCenter, and they say that these errors did not exist when they tested it nor have they got any bug reports. Among that is the calendar-thing you were talking about, that days aren't bold anymore when there is a meeting - SE says that they SHOULD be, and that they were when they tested.

I do not know if it works that way, but it seems to me as if the guys where I handed the phone in possibly could have done something very wrong with their software.. I have found seweral things - you can't search the phonebook with more than one letter anymore (which you should be able to according to SE), the SE logo that appears right after the phone is started is somehow distorted/pixelated or whatever you call it, some (only some) of my pictures were totally black after the upgrade, even the speaker is somehow strange now, it tends to sound very distorted at high volume levels, which it hasn't before. I can't see the clock when I press the volume buttons with the screen turned off - nothing happens... I think the phone is responding slower.
I could go on forever.

The sad thing is that the phone was totally (well..) bug free when I handed it in with the R2AA003 FW.

Though I have found some new things... The screen WILL shut itself off in Power Save-mode when you are in menus and etc, after a little while it first goes to Standby mode where the background picture is and then it turns itself off. It doesn't seem to turn off during calls though, not even the light.

I live in Sweden by the way, and the phone is new from christmas..

[ This Message was edited by: uncoloured on 2005-01-14 18:55 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi