Esato

Forum > General discussions > Garbage threads > The @axxxr, @patrick, @anish and now @batesie fight thread!

1234  Next
Author The @axxxr, @patrick, @anish and now @batesie fight thread!
Sammy_boy
C510 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-07-26 17:54
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Right, you three, in here, NOW!!!!!

You seem to be having the same debate/argument/etc. over about three threads, so let's carry one here.

Have it!!!!

My Ebay Auctions -Nokia 3100 FS

[ This Message was edited by: Sammy_boy on 2004-07-26 17:12 ]
axxxr
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-07-26 17:57
I've got my boxing gloves on!! [addsig]
whizkidd
W950 Blue
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-07-26 17:58
Lol when is this one gonna be locked?

This message was posted from a WAP device

axxxr
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-07-26 18:00
Quote:

On 2004-07-26 17:58:15, whizkidd wrote:
Lol when is this one gonna be locked?

<p>

<i>This message was posted from a WAP device</I>

As soon as we see some blood!! [addsig]
Ayush
W850 black
PM
Posted: 2004-07-26 18:02
Can we pls have a little introduction! ;-)

This message was posted from a T610

Sammy_boy
C510 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-07-26 18:03
Place your bets everyone!

Right, Axxxr's here, now, where's anish and patrick?

And NO hitting below the belt.....
"All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

whizkidd
W950 Blue
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-07-26 18:06
I would like to know what happens if one is hit under the belt? Seriously!

This message was posted from a WAP device

axxxr
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-07-26 18:07
Hang on so sammy are you the referee then?.... ....im all pumped up for the fight..where are they? [addsig]
batesie
T66 black
PM
Posted: 2004-07-26 18:09
@axxxr - 2/1 fav. DING DING, Round 1...

This message was posted from a P900

Patrick-in-CA
T68i mineral
PM
Posted: 2004-07-26 18:09
I'm here... but I'm a wimp. My mommy isn't here!
Thanks for taking the time to read my post.
Sammy_boy
C510 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-07-26 18:10
Right, for those not reading any of the Gulf War or Bush threads here's a quick recap:

In the red corner, we have @Axxxr - Anti Bush, accuses @Anish and @Patrick of being racist, espeically @Anish, has been accused of not backing his arguments up with solid facts.

In the blue corner we have @patrick - relative newcomer, pro-Bush, has admitted to a few racist thoughts in the past but is actively challenging those thoughts, thinks @axxxr is being unfair and falsely accusing people of being racist, posted a picture some thought were racist.

In the, er, mauve corner we have @anish - accused of being a racist by @axxxr, denies it, thinks @axxxr is being unreasonable, thinks that he's been personally insulted.

Right, I think that's a fairly unbiased view of matters. Let me know if I've missed anything out!

Got the everyone?
"All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

anish
P1
PM
Posted: 2004-07-26 18:12
Thanks Sammy
A thread in my name good to see. But the reason I am continuing in the other threads are because (the same reason I didn't continue the previous arguments in the gulf war thread you made ) is other wise people will loose touch of what we are talking about like now Ayush and others are wondering

@Ayush

Sammy is refering to this thread

and this one

[ This Message was edited by: anish on 2004-07-26 17:19 ]
Patrick-in-CA
T68i mineral
PM
Posted: 2004-07-26 18:13
okay... here's the picture I posted:

Sammy_boy
C510 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-07-26 18:15
A new contender has entered the arena!

In the.... puce corner we have @batesie! Anti-bush, anti-racist, and up for a rumble!

Patrick-in-CA
T68i mineral
PM
Posted: 2004-07-26 18:15
Here is what I was accused of because of it along with my responses to the accusations:
Quote:
Quote:

On 2004-07-26 14:26:45, axxxr wrote:
TURBANATOR pic is RACIST and offensive to a lot of muslims and sikhs alike, who in both faiths wear Turbans as a religious symbol.You may find this funny but i certainly don't..You have again proven yourself to be racist as is your republican stance on Islam.

Well Axxxr ... I, in all honesty, cannot deny that from time to time I have used stereotypes about the perceived race of an individual to come to a premature and incorrect conclusion about them. It isn't right and it is a trait I try hard to face about myself and not repeat. I have made mistakes in the past about being a real racist. As I continue to talk to people and break down the negative stereotypes I've once believed in the racism I've had in me becomes weaker and weaker.

I've noticed that many people throw around the word racist to label and marginalize people they don't want to have to listen to. It is an ugly thing to call someone and it is a serious accusation. I wouldn't blame you if you felt upset or even rage if someone unfairly called you a racist in public.

But about the Turbanator poster. Is it racist? Let's see. What race wears the Turban? Is the turban a symbol of any particular race? What is "Race"?

race n.
  1. A local geographic or global human population distinguished as a more or less distinct group by genetically transmitted physical characteristics.
  2. A group of people united or classified together on the basis of common history, nationality, or geographic distribution: the German race.
  3. A genealogical line; a lineage.
  4. Humans considered as a group.

Honestly people ... think about this one before jumping to a conclusion.

Being offensive isn't necessarily being racist.

Being racist is always offensive.

rac·ism n.
  1. The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.
  2. Discrimination or prejudice based on race.

Was there any prejudice or discrimination in this poster directed at a race? Or is it directed more at a symbol of a particular religion? Does disagreement - or even hatred of a particular religion - count as racism? I think to hate all people perceived to be of a particular religion or who are perceived to adhere to a particular cultural practice is bigoted - don't you think? Honestly ... help me on this. I sincerely want to learn this. I'm open to know if I've been misunderstanding this.

And if I'm wright - and the picture is bigoted ... does it make me bigoted to post it? Who does it show? When you look at it, tell me if it makes G.W. Bush look good or bad. I'm going to venture a guess. Many of you think it shows G.W. Bush in a poor light - yes? I just happen to agree. I saw it and laughed. It, I believe, is critical of Bush ... not pro. SO ... if you posted a picture that tended to show someone as a bigot - does that make you a bigot or racist?

So - back to the ugly slurs people throw at each other. Although I deal with the racism I've grown up with all the time ... and although I know I have lots to learn ... I am not as toxic a racist as Axxxr has accused me of being.

I suspect Axxxr is just unwilling to discuss the real issues in a real head on debate. Many may not agree with my positions - but I promise I will not label you in order to get people to marginalize what you say or to try to stop you from expressing your arguments. But I will make a good argument for my side of the debate.

P.S. - I'm not Christian and I know far too little about Islam to judge it in any way at this time.
P.S.S. - But if I did know enough about it to have an opinion on it - that still wouldn't make me a racist - EVEN if I didn't agree with any part of it at all.

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
1234  Next
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic