Forum > General discussions > Esato forum > Who's Who

1234  Next
Author Who's Who
scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-07-21 18:14
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Following on from the recent thread in the Rubbish (Garbage) forum 'Pictures in my head' I wonder how the moderators would feel about there being an official 'Who's Who' of Esato; I thought that it would be quite fun if each member could write a small paragraph about themselves, detailing interests, etc just as in the real 'Who's Who'.
Would it be possible to make this a feature of the website rather than a thread?
"I may be drunk my dear woman, but in the morning I will be sober, and you will still be ugly." WSC
BobaFett
R520 copper
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-07-21 18:19
I am @bobafett, 31, male. Work at the reception in a hotel. Was always busy in tourism since i was 14, travel agencies, hotels, clubs etc. I am an /// fanatic.

This message was posted from a T630

Sammy_boy
C510 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-07-21 18:21
You could tell us all those war stories and jolly japes you got up to that you have there @scotsboy!!

Anyways, it does sound like a good idea, give us all a rough idea on who you are, likes, etc.

Either that, or everyone fills out their 'profile' section in a bit more detail!
"All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

tranquil
W902 Black
PM
Posted: 2004-07-21 18:22
That feature already exists. Its called Signature, you'll fine it in your profile.

This message was posted from a K700

scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-07-21 18:22
I suppose one could fill one's profile a bit more, but I think it would be more fun to have an actual reference point for Esatonians.
"I may be drunk my dear woman, but in the morning I will be sober, and you will still be ugly." WSC
bart
Ericsson T68
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-07-21 18:25
bart aka bart form usep.be
i'm from belgium, 19. been fully following the telecom madness since the introduction of the T68m.
i've got one more year of school ahead of me: sales and presantations.
in weekends i work in a big CD/media store or in a phonestore (depending on who needs me the most)

i like phones (didn't see that one comming he) space, technology, history, sweden, cars, going out with friends and convincing nokia fans are wrong
With Ericsson and Nokia gone: we must keep their spirits alive and buy JOLLA or YOTA
whizkidd
W950 Blue
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-07-21 18:40
I am Whizkidd aka Rahul from Mumbai india. I am 20 years old and i like SE ever since i bought my T230 last year. I am doing my second year in computer applications.

This message was posted from a WAP device

wapchimp
C905 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-07-21 18:58
I am a man, I used to be orange.

now I am a chimp

I like retro stuff including consoles, games,cartoons etc. PS2, mobile stuff, web design, my wife.

[ This Message was edited by: wapchimp on 2004-07-23 20:09 ]
Atlis
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-07-21 19:26
I'm Atlis... Younger that I feel, payed by state... defending state. Lovin'
no cellphone...
Lynx69
W810 white
PM
Posted: 2004-07-21 19:31
Im 14 I go to school, im clever

I like football and cricket. I play football for a county team. errmm....

>>*Wow 2100+ posts*<<
kimcheeboi
T610
PM
Posted: 2004-07-21 20:22
@scotsboy-nice thread!

i'm kimcheeboi...

VERY long story short, I cheated, got kicked out of school, and now am in 2nd year of college

the long assed, boring story:
-----------------------
I was born on March 31, 1987, In Los Angeles ; California boy all my life!

On my first birthday, (big Korean thing) I was presented with money, thread--meaning long life, a pencil, and i don't know what else, but i picked up the money)

I skipped first grade and 12th grade, so now I'm a sophomore in college. At the age of 5, I had the reading level of most junior-highers, and Mark Twain was my fav author. At the age of 9, my reading level was that of a college freshman's (first year). At the age of 10, I scored higher than most high school students on a national standardized test. In 10th grade, my I.Q. was tested at 156 or some shit like that However, I still act like I am 12 years old and like my I.Q. is that of a potato.

I also read at a relaxed speed of 400 WPM and 800 fast reading Also, i type at 50 WPM

But now come the funny stories!

So, what did I do with all these wonderful gifts? Perhaps devise a new alternative fuel source at the age of 4? Cure cancer at 12? Nope! Sorry guys, but I am still 'normal' . Throughout junior high and high school (i dunno what you call that outside of america but for me its the 7-12th years of schooling) I was behind most of the occurences of cheating in my school, in essence people stole the tests, i created an answer key, and then sold the answers . I also took the SAT (one of the most important standardized tests) for people. In all, I made over 3000 dollars doing this crap

I didn't even get caught once until last year january, and then they kicked me out because I had created answer keys for most of the finals in school and they ended up just throwing the finals out and making everyone retake them

But now I'm reformed (well the cheating part) and now i just drink and play with girls , no more cheating

Other than that i also enjoy sailing; the beach; relaxing to mai tais, tequila sunrises, and Bob Marley; travel; meeting new people and trying new things; playing basketball, pool, and baseball (rounders for you brits ); reading long-assed boring books; playing the piano; updating my music collection; girls; my movie collection; writing stupid long posts with way too many personal details because i'm bored; being a dumbass and writing about myself and how i write about myself when im bored; and other fun and exciting shit!

wow, that was way too detailed. [addsig]
P800_Zen_master
P800
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-07-21 20:27
I am a males, 23, Im a pro cyclist.............hhmmm......running out of things..........I can do a rubix cube in.....3min 28seconds is best time.............I can ride a bike!.............god this is getting borring!.......I cant spell to save myself but when would?

I like Sony gear!.......... ok enough from me!
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2004-07-21 20:36
Me . . . . . I am Jojo, xx years old, from Manila, and I just love doing these things :

and I hate it most when this happens . . . . :

good thing and I have this . . . . . :

[ This Message was edited by: JN on 2004-07-21 19:49 ]

[ This Message was edited by: JN on 2004-07-21 19:56 ]
Sammy_boy
C510 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-07-21 21:13
I'm Sammyboy.... well, just Sam, actually!

I'm a student psychiatric nurse, who likes fiddling with phones, including repairing broken ones - buying them, fixing them, selling them (hopefully!) at a profit. More of a hobby than anything else.

I also like astronomy - which is star gazing, and not that 'you'll meet a tall, dark stranger because Venus is in conjuction with Uranus' crap and other such nonsense (that's astrology!)

I also enjoy strategy computer games, reading (quite like fantasy stuff), watching films, watching girls (Sorry, my fiance! ) and considering how much I've put away recently - eating!

I'm supposedly intelligent, did one of those IQ test myself, and they wrote back and said I had an IQ of 155 (Watch out @kim - I'm only a point behind you!! ). Don't think I believe them - I can't remember what someone said 5 minutes ago and am easily confused!
"All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

kristaga
R520
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-07-22 11:59
My name is Kristian André, I live in Norway and really like the winter (hate temperatures above 25C). 30 years old white blond blue-eyed male, bachelor...

I am studying physical geography at the University of Oslo, have one year left of my master's degree.
My master thesis is going to be about Mars, I am going to discuss how landforms on The Red Planet relates to landforms on Earth. I work part time as a bus driver to increase my bank account. Now in the summer I work every day...

Hobbies and interests: Vehicles, military vehicles, off-road vehicles, Science fiction, book reading, languages, internet, astronomy, phones and more.
I have studied one year at the University of Iceland in Reykjavík and one year at the University Centre on Svalbard. The last one was really special, see my photos at http://gallis.com/kag/svalbard/ if you want to see something completely different.

Homepage: http://gallis.com/kag/index-e.html [addsig]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi