Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > Who actually uses flight mode?

Author Who actually uses flight mode?
darwinian
W980
PM
Posted: 2005-02-23 18:38
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I use it on TG. But when asked by attendent, I tell them it's a PDA. But at the end, I had to use my notebook to get work done or end up reading or watching a flight movie!!
Kripto
P910
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-02-23 20:50
I use flight mode whenever I fly somewhere. Haven't had anyone tell me I can't have my device on. Since the P910i isn't popular in the states, most flight attendants don't see it as a threat (as a phone) It looks like a PDA to most of them. So as long as you don't use it in the first/last 15 minutes of the flight you're ok.
HyperiaBlue
V800
PM
Posted: 2005-02-23 21:05
I use flight mode when i fly and when i need to switch the RF section of the phone off. I have had no problems @ all with airlines or railways.

It is a handy feature that did not exist on many other mobiles, but has now become common place.

2 thumbs up from my side!
Sony Ericsson - the marriage of the consumer electronics Beauty to the telecomms Beast

If you have any se-nse, then you will visit http://www.se-nse.com
Residentevil
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-02-23 21:15
I use flight mode when on flights. But also when I don't want to be bothered with calls.
Tough times don't last, tough people do!
Free Tibet
duxxyuk
W800
PM
Posted: 2005-02-26 12:58
MadRob, Me too, I totally agree.

Flight mode is perfect for night time alarm clocks.
skhuu
P910
PM
Posted: 2005-02-28 08:15
When going to a bank or place where cellphones arent allowed. Instead of turning off the phone, I switch it to flight mode.
Rva@
P900
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-02-28 10:57
Í use it all the time, when I go to the bank, when in meeting, while programming plasmacutting devices (Demands 100% koncentration, No errors accepteble) and when teaching..

I didīnt use the first 6 months, untill I found out how great it was :!:

This is now one of my favorite features, It also gives peace when im out fishing - Go to flight mode, and get a break from the wife at home - Couldīnt be better ..:!:

Is genius !
Lundmark
P990
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-02-28 13:13
I haven't used Flight Mode yet, but I am sure that I will as soon as I get myself a bigger memory stick. Watching movies and getting interrupted by a call is the worst thing I know - in a theatre or on a P910i!

Also, playing Monkey Island in eScummVM is really fun, and I can't take calls when I'm solving really important puzzles.

A tip is to turn off the feature that asks if you want to enable Flight Mode as soon as you press the power button. It's annoying and people doesn't seem to use it that much.
Sincerely,
Gabriel Lundmark
Fma
P900
PM
Posted: 2005-03-04 22:56
i have used it alot , in travels i found that MOST airlines tell you dont use electonic devices at take off and landings other than thoes time you are free to use your phone is alowed except when ur setting next to an exit "they" say its dangerous.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi