12  Next
Author P910 Review tomorrow
AntonisCy
C905 Black
PM
Posted: 2004-07-15 00:16
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Quote:
We inform our readers that tomorrow, 15 July 2004, at 10 a.m. our site will publish a world exclusive review on the smartphone P910 manufactured by Sony Ericsson.

Keep an eye on our announcements!

http://www.mobile-review.com/news.php?language=en#news3082
sc26
P900
PM
Posted: 2004-07-15 00:19
cant wait!
Metro
T630
PM
Posted: 2004-07-15 03:00
i am going to the press confrence here in Norway, i am so exited!!!

[ This Message was edited by: Metro on 2004-07-15 02:01 ]
Sutitan
P800 no flip
PM
Posted: 2004-07-15 03:04
Its 10am there! *Wiats impatiantly!*
*Tired*
stewart01
P900
PM
Posted: 2004-07-15 03:21
Sooner the better...

Really, I'm fed up with all the "ITS PHOTOSHOPPED', HOAX,

..each time potential P910 pics appear..
Sutitan
P800 no flip
PM
Posted: 2004-07-15 03:25
Personally I wouldent be intrested in getting another P*** phone unless it had 1.3 mp camera and 262k screen and came before the S700. So personally im not looking foward to the P910. Im excited to see what else they have coming..Hoping for some new original models!
BigFeat
P990
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-07-15 04:51
I'm exited. Not expecting much though. I'm already bored with my 9 month old P900. It's about time.
Breathe iT__Smell iT__Taste iT__Feel iT

B I G F E A T E N T E R T A I N M E N T
Residentevil
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-07-15 05:02
Yeah we do not need another minor P900 upgrade. I am also looking forward what else they got going.
Tough times don't last, tough people do!
Free Tibet
Arnon
T610
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-07-15 08:41
It's here and it's in Russian
http://www.mobile-review.com/review/sonyericsson-p910.shtml
energetic
Aino Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-07-15 08:46
From the photos am dissapointed regarding the key pad! And am afraid that there is not going to be a major change apart from the keyboard. I cant read Russian but I hope there will be some changes!

Lets wait for the english version.
Arnon
T610
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-07-15 08:55
My Russian is extremely rusty.
He says either that it's a pretty good 262k colour screen, or that it's the best 65k colour screen on any smartphone in the world.

He also says the keyboard won't snap off when you hold the phone by the keyboard.

The camera seems slightly improved with more vivid colours, and Eldar says that Sony Ericsson conciously went with VGA again, and they're saving the megapixer for later.

The price is ~$600 because of the past experience with the P900, and it will come in all flavours (a for American, ch for Chinese, i for International).
energetic
Aino Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-07-15 09:25
I found a translation engine and am posting it the way it is translated straight with no fine corrections.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Review GSM-ñìàðòôîíà Sony Ericsson P910
Photos Sony Ericsson P910 in an interior

The complete set of delivery:

Phone
The accumulator
Zarjadnoe the device
Station sihronizatsii
2 CDs with the software
Suede trjapochka
Holster
32 Mb card MS Duo
Spare stilus
The instruction

The model with code name Layla became known to public long before the official announcement. The first images have been made proceeding from words of people seeing the device for some days prior to representation smartfona, official photos have appeared also. As intermediate, transitive product P910 is interesting by the characteristics, we shall try to tell about all from them. It is necessary to understand, that previous model Sony Ericsson P900 was and remains to the most functional smartfonom in the market and consequently this device has been taken for a basis. The situation with transformation Ð800 in P900 has repeated. I strongly recommend to read review Ð900 if you are not familiar with this product, here we shall speak only about distinctions between two models, instead of to describe is total all functions.

The design of phone has undergone minor alterations, the device became more light, it is visible at direct comparison P900 and P910. The digital keyboard on folding flipe became other, on design she is sustained in style Ê700 and other last models of the company. Subjectively with the new keyboard to work much more pleasantly, it is guilty, probably in it the greater size of keys.

If to compare externally Ð900 and Ð910 you will not see the big difference, even the sizes of devices coincide one in one. The basic difference is covered in flipe. But to realize all difference, it is necessary to open flip Ð910. The first sensation after Ð900 not so pleasant, flip opens with effort, there is no spring which finishes your movement. The explanation is covered that on the internal party flipa the QWERTY-keyboard was placed.Keys are tiny, are very close located. It would seem, to work on such keyboard if and it is possible it is inconvenient. In practice all differently, in fact even with the big hands does not deliver people of inconveniences a set on this keyboard. It is enough to take the device in two hands (flip it is reliable, it will not break off on weight) and to begin typing.Speed at such set is comparable to speed of input of the text on the touch screen, everyone can choose that variant which is pleasant to it more. Optimum built - in keyboard to use on the move, in transport, there, where the set from the screen is complicated. It is an excellent additional variant of input of the information. We shall remind, that at present Ð910 is the unique device which supports all known methods of data input (the touch screen, the digital keyboard as in usual phones, the QWERTY-keyboard). Alternatives Ð910 on this parameter does not exist.

I expect, that supporters of other marks will start to speak about an opportunity of connection of external keyboards for the some people smartfonov which offer the big functionality and convenience of use. All this, certainly so, but it is not necessary to forget that it will be necessary to pay for such keyboards in addition. The second minus which is not so obvious, consists in a structure of use smartfonov.As the practice, similar devices the majority of users shows are used for a conclusion of the information, its storage, transportation, but in any way input in great volumes. The maximum that owners smartfonov in memory of the device outside of a house will wear out, is full contact, any important, but small statements on the size, brief answers to messages of e-mail. Therefore occurrences of keyboards it is necessary to consider as alternative to touch screens, plus orientation on small group of users which really feel necessity of such accessory (them in a reality of unit).

I hasten to please admirers of mark Sony Ericsson with that the company does not plan to let out the full-size keyboard for Ð910. So, the third companies which will offer the variants of a similar accessory in short terms will engage in it. From the technical point of view creation of the keyboard for Ð910 is elementary (I shall remind, that flip easily comes unfastened, purpose of contacts is known).But to what to create the full-size keyboard at presence of touch input, and a variant of the built - in keyboard? I do not know, it is necessary to look at the future sales of such devices, I suspect, that they will be lowest.

In total it is supposed, that 5 updatings Ð910 with various keyboards (signs on language on the QWERTY-keyboard) will be submitted. Unfortunately, to place at once symbols of two languages in absence of a place it is not obviously possible, some variants of localization - QWERTY, QWERTZ, AZERTY, Russian and Greek therefore will be submitted.

Many expected, that in Ð910 the chamber will be established megapikselnaja, but in the company have meaningly refused it to leave open space for maneuver in the future, in fact the following device should involve users with any new characteristics. But the VGA-chamber which we see in Ð910, it is impossible to name similar Ð900, it is the same module, as in Ê700 more likely.It turns out, that quality of VGA-pictures the little is higher, though on screens of devices will notice this difference difficultly. We shall result some pictures from chamber R900 and Ð910.

The screen in Ð910 at first sight looks also, is valid its physical size has not changed, the sanction remained same. Subjectively a difference in a colour rendition of a picture you do not feel, it is equal till the moment yet you will not put two devices beside. Here advantage Ð910 becomes obvious, a picture brighter, alive. To name change basic it is impossible, more likely this small improvement. The manufacturer speaks that the screen displays up to 262000 colors.In my opinion, here it is necessary to bring in comments. Display R910 will not bear comparison with those in Samsung D410 (262K), in the last the screen is much better. The same it is possible to tell and about usual phones, for example, devices from Samsung, Motorola (even the screens on 65000 colors). But, if to compare screens at smartfonov (for example, Nokia) here advantage Sony Ericsson is visible a unaided sight.Such brightness of the screen, good colour rendition is not present at one smartfona (all products from Nokia it is worse, the same it is possible to tell about smartfonah from Motorola). Similar comparison will be correct, to compare screen R910 to usual phones wrongfully.

We pass to a stuffing of the device which has remained same from the technical point of view, the internal memory size has only increased. Now instead of 16 Mb 64 Mb are accessible to the user. As addition there is a card of memory in volume of 32 Mb, theoretically the device supports cards of memory in volume up to 1 Gb.For the majority of users, as well as for the majority of problems, there will be enough that quantity of memory that goes complete with smartfonom (though for ìð3 a player it is necessary to take cards in volume from 128 Mb and is higher).

The accumulator in phone has remained same, at other memory size and the best screen it was necessary to expect a smaller operating time. With surprise has found out, that it has not taken place. Using Ð900 and Ð910 simultaneously with the same number of conversations, has found out, as the operating time coincides almost entirely.It is big plus for the given model, in fact new functions could tell negatively on energopotreblenie, but it did not happen.

Perhaps, any role in it is played with the new interface (UIQ 2.1). For the usual user the new interface offers the advanced kind ikonok, differences at once are evident. Are less appreciable, but changes in the menu are more important. So, the menu became more adapted for daily work, it is necessary to spend less efforts. For example, some screens got rid of additional strips of scrolling, the information is located on them.

Unfortunately, and could not receive the answer to a question, whether will support Ð900 the new interface, and whether its loading on it is possible. Preliminary and very cautious answers of technical experts speak that such updating will be possible. While in this question remains a lot of not clear.

The set of the preestablished appendices and the programs delivered on an additional disk is traditionally expanded. From the most useful it is necessary to note utilities for viewing documents MS Word, MS Excel, PDF Reader. From not so pleasant and necessary programs is Avantgo (reading of the kept webs-pages), Media Viewer (direct access to news, for example, Financial Times) and Promyzer (system of an information on exchange quotations and trade in actions in a mode of real time).

Appendix HP Runestone is curious, it allows to print messages, images, calendars and records from a directory on printers HP supporting technology Bluetooth. Now it is enough to send the information necessary to you on the printer and less, than in a minute to receive her in a firm copy.

The complete set of delivery also includes program Wayfinder written down on CD - the automobile system of navigation connected to GPS-ïðè¸ìíèêó with interface Bluetooth and displaying on a card a way of movement of the automobile. Ð910 can shortly make a serious competition smartfonam under the control of OS from Microsoft, they are mainly used in systems of navigation.

The complete set also includes browser Opera, it does not require additional representations. For today it is the standard de facto for mobile devices. Refusal of company Nokia of this browser in the products looks as a serious mistake.

Strong course from party Sony Ericsson appeared support RIM BlackBerry looks, this standard of post messages is extremely popular in Northern America. At present Ð910 supports the greatest possible quantity of technologies, here their brief transfer - Smartner, IBM, Extended Systems, Visto, RIM BlackBerry, Seven and IntelliSync.

Conclusions and impressions

Considering that fact, that Ð900 during all time of the existence was and remains to the most powerful smartfonom from all submitted on the market it is possible to predict success and Ð910. As owner Ð900 I do not see the big sense at present to change the device on Ð910, more likely the new model is called to involve new users under the banners, having offered qualitatively other level of functionality (in comparison with competitors).In case Ð910 to write about competitors hardly enough, they are absent basically, in the market are not present, and is not expected any device with similar opportunities. It allows to speak that cost Ð910 will be kept at stable enough and high level within half-year after an output. The level of the price will make 550-600 Euros, it is comparable to cost Ð900 after an output.To expect occurrence Ð910 costs already in the middle of September, since July manufacture of the given model is started at factories of the company. In total release of three versions smartfona is supposed:

Ð910i Three ranges: 900/1800/1900 MHz
Ð910c Three ranges: 900/1800/1900 MHz for a continental part of China
P910a Three ranges: 850/1800/1900 MHz for Northern and Latin America

Simultaneously with occurrence Ð910 it is necessary to expect falling of cost Ð900 for 100-130 Euros. It at once does cost of the device equal 375-425 Euros (460-510 dollars). By the end of 2004 cost Ð900 becomes minimal (about 400 dollars) and the device will disappear from the market. Quite I admit an idea, that so big falling of the price will not take place, and the rests of model Ð900 will be smeteny long before that, under higher prices.At present only for Russia demand on Ð900 is satisfied at a level of 15 percent from the general need, it speaks about popularity smartfona.

The strongest factor in destiny Ð910 is that it is based on base Ð900. It means the greater number of appendices (about 600 at the moment of a writing of clause), stable work of operational system and a minimum quantity of problems. As the first smartfona the given model is almost ideal, she will approach everyone who demands a maximum of productivity and convenience from the devices.

P.S. It should not seemed minor alterations in new smartfone to involve attention. But, on the contrary, evolutionary development, literally step by step shows, that the product from Sony Ericsson is close to an ideal. It is difficult for me to be admired model so similar with Ð900 which is used by me for a long time, but for beginners in this area the given device becomes a limit of dreams. It is the strongest smartfon from all existing (at desire I can prove the given fact calculations).

-----------------------------------------------------------------

nils7
P910
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-07-15 09:32
Small conclusion:

262K colour screen
RIM instant push mail (blackberry)
Internal 64MB
QWERTY keyboard
MSD pro max. 1GB!

No PTT thought so also to be in there or eldar missed it.

[ This Message was edited by: nils7 on 2004-07-15 08:39 ]
bahbahsupercar
P900
PM
Posted: 2004-07-15 09:38
it says it will be lighter, new battery perhaps? If so can we get one for the p900.
Tanz wenig Zirkuszwerg tanz!

ja OH- ja!
dazbradbury
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-07-15 09:42
no megapixel camera... big dissapointment. It might not be a great feature in itself, because 1MP is still low quality, but it's about competition... and nokia already have 1mp phones out. I'm a bit dissapointed by this. oh well...
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
12  Next
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic