Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Software, Firmware and Drivers > Online K700 Firmware update service available

Previous  123 ... 1617 181920  Next
Author Online K700 Firmware update service available
Dovern
Satio Silver
PM
Posted: 2004-07-27 08:44
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
It should be worth it to get sync station but i assume you can use it for online update in most future SE phones.
Sony Ericsson
hitzi
T68 gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-07-27 11:02
Quote:

On 2004-07-26 23:40:36, buckle247 wrote:
[...] like said though if the BT is being upgraded during the update, it will be impossible to use the BT to receive the info from the PC.

But you need IR/BT only for the transfer to the phone. After the transfer the update program starts on the phone and there is no need for IR/BT/cable at this time.
I think the problem is that SE will watch the update progress all the time so it needs a connection to the phone all the time and in this case you can't use IR/BT because it could be updated.
But there should be also a driver for the cable (port) in the phone - what is when this part needs a update?

Bye Hitzi
Jim
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2004-07-27 11:33
I wouldn't trust BT for such things, it's crappy in stability like wi-fi, the best is still a cable
sanya)))
K700
PM
Posted: 2004-07-27 14:36
Quote:

But you need IR/BT only for the transfer to the phone. After the transfer the update program starts on the phone and there is no need for IR/BT/cable at this time.
I think the problem is that SE will watch the update progress all the time so it needs a connection to the phone all the time and in this case you can't use IR/BT because it could be updated.
But there should be also a driver for the cable (port) in the phone - what is when this part needs a update?

Bye Hitzi

try setup Windows, using modem connection, from microsoft.com
rimey57
T68 gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-07-27 18:21
Too bad the page is not accessible anymore. In fact I contact them today and they told me that K700 DONT SUPPORT ONLINE UPDATE SERVICE.

They ask me to go to my nearest SE Center to update my firmware. If there is anyone who did download the file... can you share it with me? Please......
TheRealSpawn
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-07-27 19:19
eh - I will try to explain one more time:

1. There are no updateservice at the moment - never has been.

2. There will be an updateservice as soon as they are finished preparing it. When this is done there will be an official announcement. This is certain - theres no need to keep asking if and when.

3. No - you cannot get a flashfile sendt from anyone - it does not work this way. You will need to either wait for the online service to be ready for launch or visit a servicecenter - just like everyone else. You cannot flash it yourself unless you have the correct flashtools to do it.

4. You can never use BT/IRDA when flashing - you will allways need an external connection like a cable. When you flash - the entire operatingsystem is deleted on the phone and a new is sent to the phone from an external source through the cable - this means you cannot first send a flashfile through BT/IRDA and run it on the phone because once the operatingsystem is deleted the phone is not functioning and you cannot start the new flash on the phone. You have a clean hardware that can do nothing - therefore you have to send the new flash file from an external source through a cable connected to the phone. It is the software on your computer that does the actual flashing by uploading/installing the flashfile on the phone through the cable. The phone itself is dead. The phone does not need a driver for the cable (the computer does) - the cable just makes an electronic connection and the computer software does the rest.
jeffchoy
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2004-07-29 17:31
When I first saw the Update page, I was unable to perform an update as I did not have a DSS-20 or DSS-25. I have not been successful in getting one (DSS-20 or DSS-25), does anyone know if the CSS-20 will do the job ?
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2004-07-29 17:37
yes, either a DSS-20 or DSS-25 will 'do the job'. indeed they are the only ones that will do the job. take a look at the first few pages of this thread and you will see screen dumps of when this service was working and one of the items you have to confirm is that you have either a DS-20 or DSS-25. This is exactly the same as the p900 online update which also confirms that you have a DSS-20 or DSS-25
sguilliard
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2004-08-03 16:55
I have just spoken to my local SE service centre who have told me that there is no new firmware for the Vodafone branded K700i. There is newer firmware as has already been confirmed in this thread, but not for either the Orange or Vodafone branded handsets.

Despite the fact that the handset has been unlocked, you apparently cannot remove the Vodafone customisation like you could with the T610. I asked if the phone could not just be loaded with the generic firmware and was told that this wouldn't work as their software checks the handset version and will only load the appropriate firmware.

Is there anyone that is able to confirm that this is indeed true? Has anyone managed to get the Vodafone or Orange customisations removed so that the handset is generic?
Dovern
Satio Silver
PM
Posted: 2004-08-05 14:17
I click on this link everyday but still not yet available....

Sony Ericsson
verzunof
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2004-08-06 01:28
This service seems to be not working.
feco
C902 Red
PM
Posted: 2004-08-06 05:04
New Firmware R2L001

http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=65571&start=30
Dovern
Satio Silver
PM
Posted: 2004-08-06 10:54
another newer version of firmware released, how good if we could upgrade online...
Sony Ericsson
tors
Xperia Ray
PM
Posted: 2004-08-11 18:22
Hmm, the update service for P900 is not online right now as it seems...
I take this as a good sign for the K700 update service to come online soon.

Have a nice day!
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2004-08-11 18:27
The p900 update service page simply says the site is undergoing maintenance (if you look at the resultant url)

that happens regularly but I guess you never know...
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 1617 181920  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic