Esato

Forum > Regional > Asia Pacific > Free GPRS

Author Free GPRS
joberns
K700
PM
Posted: 2004-09-17 02:28
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
just bought a SUN CELL sim...GPRS is not working...how do i set this up? Sent ACTIVATE to 2300...saved the settings already, but no luck..btw, im using nokia 6600...need help asap. thanks!
mary_md
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2004-09-17 03:24
@joberns What you did was right but you have to wait within 24 hours for the actual activation. Just monitor your GPRS from time to time to see if you are already connected. Enjoy!
mary_md
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2004-09-17 03:30
@joberns What you did was right but you have to wait within 24 hours for the actual activation. Just monitor your GPRS from time to time to see if you are already connected. Enjoy!
mcbernz007
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2004-09-24 13:35
my gprs is available and attached already. but it still wont connect to a wap site. it says "error in activation". can anybody help
ex_crusader
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-09-26 12:36
@mcbernz007

you should've specified your network, but i'd assume its sun.

double check your settings, if you have the correct apn, your phone will connect to GPRS, but it doesn't necessarily mean you'll be able to browse/surf right away, you must have the correct i.p address too.

(...if your apn is mms, it will still connect to GPRS but wont be able to surf for it is exclusively for mms as it implies, while minternet, can connect either, but could or couldn't possibly surf/browse.)

so... your issue "might not" be about connecting to GPRS...
dinky
P910
PM
Posted: 2004-09-27 03:55
Need a little help with the Sun prepaid sim that I bought. I previously had another Sun prepaid sim which I used for browsing. I "ruined" that simcard when I tried to use it in a micro dual simcard holder. I accidentally cut too much of it. I got the micro dual simcard holder to work for my K700 but I ruined my Sun simcard so I bought another one. My mistake was that I erased the gprs settings on my phone.

I "activated" gprs by sending "ACTIVATE" to 2300. I tried using the settings I got from "the mall" and also the one from Sony Ericsson and also the settings suggested here but I still couldn't browse. I got the mms to work though.

I've tried using both "wap" and "minternet" as the apn but still couldn't get it to work. Sun's customer service wasn't any help as they replied that wap was still in the testing phase and was not available. Any ideas why I can't connect?
Day by day as I use my Sony Ericsson Phone, I find more and more reasons not to go back to Nokias.

Sorry Nokia fans but that's life . . .
ex_crusader
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-09-27 04:51
@ dinky

the settings found in ericsson site is correct. (or use this one...i.p.address: 192.168.164.21)

that should work.

the problem is, network congestion... you'll surely be able to browse between 1 am to 8am. sometimes, if lucky enough, you may be able to browse any time of the day but hell slow.
mcbernz007
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2004-09-27 18:51
@ex_crusader: thanx. was able to connect already.
dinky
P910
PM
Posted: 2004-09-28 03:10
@ex_crusader thanks. That's the same IP address from the settings I got from "the mall" but I still couldn't get it to work. I will try to connect in the wee hours as you suggested. Hope it works out. By the way, what apn should I use, wap or minternet?
Day by day as I use my Sony Ericsson Phone, I find more and more reasons not to go back to Nokias.

ex_crusader
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-09-28 18:55
use the wap apn, for most of the sun subrscribers here claim that it is free of charge, while minternet is charged 25cents/kb, furthermore, i dont think minternet still works, correct me if i'm wrong.
dlreyes
P900
PM
Posted: 2004-09-29 02:01
It still does...
ex_crusader
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-09-29 06:40
ok
dinky
P910
PM
Posted: 2004-09-30 02:12
I was able to connect! But it really was rather slow. I used wap as apn thanks @ex_crusader!

Has anyone been able to set up their email client using sun cellular? I tried to connect using the account I used for browsing but "connection failed". Any ideas?

bouncybanana
T610
PM
Posted: 2004-10-03 08:27
i can't seem to access yahoo messenger using sun gprs...anyone care to help? and gprs with sun is slow! or is it just with the settings i have?
ex_crusader
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-10-05 08:14
@ dinky

e-mail client works fine..

you have to take in to consideration the correct settings.. and also your e-mail provider... (hotpop is ok, and others... i dont know about yahoo). and lastly, input the DNS address of Sun which can be found in sun's website..
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic