Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > Finally! Unofficial P910 Pictures!

Previous  123 456 ... 141516  Next
Author Finally! Unofficial P910 Pictures!
BigFeat
P990
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-07-10 23:59
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Wouldn't these pics be official only after a press release from SE? As long as SE can not confirm it what is official about it? Seen some pics similar to those months ago from a dev group. Great ideas, but if you guys are impressed with 'unofficial' release pics you guys should see P900 dev models that never made it to the cutting floor. I guess a press release is what we should wait for.

Thank God for Mobile Theater... What's on your Mobile Phone?

Breathe iT__Smell iT__Taste iT__Feel iT

B I G F E A T E N T E R T A I N M E N T
Happen
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2004-07-11 00:15
unlike you i have decent quality movies thanks to Smartmovie delete spiderman off mine last week got Shrek 2 on mine at the moment nearly finnished it.
anonymuser
Apple iPhone 4S
PM
Posted: 2004-07-11 01:32
isn't it about time we grew out of the "oh it's photoshopped, it must be fake" mentality? i can't remember the last SE promotional image which wasn't completely manipulated and entirely "fake". all the images they put out are simulated, that's the way they work. these particular pictures are no more obviously fake than most of the genuine shots on the SE website, of phones that have been out for the last year.

i'm NOT saying these pictures are real. i am saying most of the "genuine" pictures we see are every bit as manipulated, simulated, and "fake" as the ones we're presented with here. Photoshop is a professional tool, and SE's marketing/design people are very familiar with it, I think you'll find.
kasei
W600 red
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-07-11 01:46
well i like it anyway

This message was posted from a T616

BigFeat
P990
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-07-11 03:53
Quote:

On 2004-07-11 00:15:24, Happen wrote:
unlike you i have decent quality movies thanks to Smartmovie delete spiderman off mine last week got Shrek 2 on mine at the moment nearly finnished it.

I'm glad you're the only one with Smartmovie...
Breathe iT__Smell iT__Taste iT__Feel iT

sapporobaby
J110 Cream
PM
Posted: 2004-07-11 07:39
Can anyone her please explain to me the constant crying and complaining about the cameras in these phones? They are not meant to be professional quality. If this is what you want, then buy a 5 plus megapixel camera and be happy, but this constant whinning and complaining about the picture taking capabilities is simply annoying. SE never said that their cameras were of professional quaility. They are for taking spot photos or a video or two and this is all. Some people will not be happy no matter what kind of camera would be installed.
BigFeat
P990
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-07-11 09:05
On the matter of camera quality I have to say that SE really dropped the ball on this one. I don't think most are asking too much for technology that is present in your most low budget devices nowadays. For instance the pic below shows an outdoor phone stand at the Akihabara district in Japan. The price range for the phones illustrated in the pic range from $97-$400USD. The stand doesn't illustrate some pre-paid models that one can obtain for less then $150 with a built-in 2MP camera. With that said, the higher priced models offer cameras in the 3-4MP range. Nothing that the Pxxx line is packed with tons of features. Keep in mind that these phones at half the cost offer these hi res cameras plus features like DUO PRO support, videophone, twin cameras, built-in GPS unit, etc. at half the price of a P900. Being that SE sells its models out East, I think if they even thought about selling a phone with an inferior camera as that of the Pxxx with the same price tag it would be an insult to most consumers. My opinion.

Mobile Theater On The Go.....

[ This Message was edited by: BigFeat on 2004-07-11 08:09 ]
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2004-07-11 09:25
@sapporobaby, while I agree that it was the case when cameras were first intergrated into phones they were never meant for more than the odd quick snap and for mms, but in these days of ever merging technologies why should we not have a 3, 4 or 5 MP camera in a phone? previously we were limited by the memory in the phone but with almost limitless memory expansion capabilities and formats this is no longer a problem as clearly demonstrated by BigFeats japan post

I carry the very slim and light Sony DSC-T1 5MP camera with a 512mb duo pro but if I could have that same capability in my K700, P900 or whatever then it would be one less device to carry with me

I'm all for higher resolution/better quality cams in phones since I always carry my phones with me everywhere

As for the technology gap described by BigFeat between Japanese and non Japanese phones I can only imagine that we the consumer are being held back so that the mobile phone companies can take more time to get to that same level and thus keep their models rolling out and sales and bottom lines increasing each year.

All it would take is one manufacturer to make a giant leap rather than an incremental one and all other manufacturers would have to keep pace and we would see more pictures like the one above
albantsui
M600 black
PM
Posted: 2004-07-11 10:05
Is this SE's reaction to Palm Treo Ace "leakage" from last few weeks? I guess SE has to leak something to tempt others to show them that they are still making PDA/Phone for the market considiering Sony has completely pulled out the Clie market. Extra push from Sony to get in PDA/Phone market??
sapporobaby
J110 Cream
PM
Posted: 2004-07-11 11:23
@Masseur,

You have a valid point but my point was based more so along the lines of cost rather than function. I have a Sony DSC-P10. Moderately priced and has great functionality but to have this same level of functionality in a phone, I would not be willing to pay $1100. So, for me, I think that a 1 mega-pixel camera would be plenty to have in a phone. If by chance they do start to include higher pixel rates in phones for the same price, I would gladly purchase one.
bogdan1978buc
P990
PM
Posted: 2004-07-11 12:10
So, nothing official.
P800_Zen_master
P800
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-07-11 12:19
Quote:

On 2004-07-11 12:10:00, bogdan1978buc wrote:
So, nothing official.

There is some type of news coming from SE on the 15th July. It has not been confirmed what new phones models are going to be released, we have only found out that they will be telling us what phones will it be, NO MODELS have been stated. So it could in fact say nothing about P910 or P1000.

We are just hoping at the moment
ripkord
P900
PM
Posted: 2004-07-11 12:41
Masseur, maybe edit the title to take out the word official...?

And if this is SE's work, then they really ought to be training their guys up with the latest version of photoshop which allows 16 bit editing and not last years edition.
Tetsugaku-San
K800 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-07-11 12:50
Obviouslyt fake guys . . .

Just like the pics released with the fold down KB were fake a few months ago.

Yes SE might use photoshop to make up images - but they wouldn't make them as poor as that and release them would they? thats blatantly a bit of a K700 nicked and stuck to the front of a regular p900

They won't have a flip down keyboard like that because the buttons would be too small to use without a stylus! (hence defeating the issue)

a full qwerty keyboard would be twice as wide as that to remain usable. I know it - you all know it.

now let this false thread with the absurdly bad pics die please . . . .
P800_Zen_master
P800
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-07-11 12:54
Quote:

On 2004-07-11 12:50:44, Tetsugaku-San wrote:
now let this false thread with the absurdly bad pics die please . . . .

Die thread DIE!............its not working! how do we kill a thread?
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 456 ... 141516  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic