Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Tips and tricks > K700: changing functions for the menu key?

Previous  12
Author K700: changing functions for the menu key?
Chloura
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2004-07-28 01:29
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Ah, now I thought it was a bit funny having those three little icons on the desktop, as I've seen no mention or sight of them until I got my K700i last Thursday. I must admit though, I've got used to them now and find them quite useful apart from the sodding OrangeWorld one. Sigh.

BUT what I find really annoying, especially as there's reference to it in the Orange manual, is the old SHORTCUT icon from the T610. apparently I should be able to go to SETTINGS and find the EDIT SHORTCUT link in there, but it's blatantly not. Any ideas?

I do find it a lovely phone though. I don't think it's anywhere near as sexy (can a phone be sexy?!?!) as my T610, but I find it a lot smoother to use, and texting is a joy! No more hideous faffing to get to the number I want to send to!

I don't like my Orange icons either though. They clash horribly.

Clara

[ This Message was edited by: Chloura on 2004-07-28 00:30 ]
bjambean
K700
PM
Posted: 2004-07-28 02:29
Yeah I'm not too fussed but I really really really really want the ability to set shortcuts to the left and right movement of the stick.

I have 2 lines and like it has been said above it is a real pain in the ar** to change it. On the T610 I could just hit left and it would change across now I have to go menu - settings - call options - and then change to line 2 etc.

Any one know which carphone warehouse shops will flash me back to the original SE version? (Or any other shops)
hallon
W810 black
PM
Posted: 2004-07-30 10:00
I just bought a K700i.. unfortunately it's a vodefone one But I did'nt have the money to buy a telia-one, cause they cost twice as much :-/ I thought it was really cool with email and internet and all, but now that I've seen what the K700 really should look like... I think I made a mistake :'(
bobbob301
K700
PM
Posted: 2004-08-08 15:38
Im getting my vodaphone uk k7001 soon, if only i found it this forum fist. But to be fair i have saved a bit of money with vodaphone bying the phone on contract. But geting the firmware changed is one option i am concidering. does anyone know if u can get it changed at carphonewarehouse? for a price? or any other places?
robbo9mir
K700
PM
Posted: 2004-08-10 12:43
I too have an Orange K700i and like others I'm amazed that they have changed the 'More' soft key for a second camera key. Why do we have 2 camera keys? I'll tell you why. According to Orange customer services (who I rang to see if I could change the key) the 'more' key was changed because SE said that that was what their customer feedback had requested. I said that was a load of b******s (not my exact words but the meaning was similar) as SE sell unbranded phones with the original 'more' key and that Orange were the only ones to change it (didn't know about Vodaphone at the time) and she got quite sniffy and said that their staff briefing said it was down to SE and that was that. It's a shame as it spoils what seems to be a pretty tremendous phone (apart from the too short recording time for voice tags). However, as the alternative is to buy an unbranded one whereas mine was a free upgrade, I suppose paying over £200 to save 5 extra clicks to turn off bluetooth is a bit excessive.

The sniffy lady's colleague did come up with one handy tip though and apologies if this has already been mentioned before:

I wanted to increase the ring time before my Orange answerphone cut in as I don't always get to it in time. The way to do it is:

**61*07973100123**XX#'menu'

where XX is a multiple of 5 seconds up to a maximum of 30 and 'menu' is whatever key you use to bring up the menu (the joystick in the case of the K700 and T610). The default for Orange Answerphone is set at 15.

When you do this you get something like 'Divert Activated' but don't worry it just means the time has changed.

Obviously the above only works on an Orange phone although I guess just changing the answer number might make it work on other networks.

Sorry if I'm behind with this one but it helped me.

Cheers,

Mark
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi