Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > R520 not switching to different networks

Author R520 not switching to different networks
markdot
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2004-06-30 19:55
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I just recently purchased a Sony Ericsson R520m. I also purchased a Telering sim card. It worked perfectly in Austria but while traveling in Germany and France it would not lock on a network even though it showed a network was available. The sim card is Austrian and they have reciprocal agreements with other networks in Europe. When I finally took it into a Ericsson store in Paris they informed me that there was a problem with the phone and that they were aware of it. This is what they said. "Yes, we are aware of the problem. You need to send the phone in and the chip needs to be replaced. It is a problem with the phone."

I have asked the company I bought the phone from and they do not have an answer. I have searched the net and can not come up with a solution. Any ideas?
BobaFett
R520 copper
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-06-30 20:40
first of all welcome here. congratulation for the best greyscale fone ever made on planet earth! i dont really get the problem. i use mine since years, with many different simcards. my first question is: is the roaming activated on your card? as i see, it has more to do with an opeartor problem instead of the fone. well, i do know there are oldr and newer simcards ( with more place for contacts and sms ), but my r520 works with 10 years old sims aswell.

check this out:

http://www.telering.at/Content.Node/tarife/992.php ( telering roaming )

( bit off topic: pls send some pix of it to the ///Galleries... thread thanks )

http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=48353

[ This Message was edited by: bobafett on 2004-06-30 19:57 ]
Devilishcry
P900
PM
Posted: 2004-06-30 21:24
Looks like the SE people answered the question already

Still its kinda strange also! How sucha thing happen?

Perhaps your phone does'nt support the network you are trying to access?!

Welcome to Esato!
If I Woke Up From My Dreams, I'd Rather Be Dead...
BobaFett
R520 copper
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-06-30 21:31
no, its not the case that he try get reception on cdma or 3g system. he mentioned only gsm systems.

( bit off topic: r520 isnt an se fone its an ERICSSON. dont get me wrong, i am bit sensible in such things )
Aquila non capit muscas - /// 4ever!

/// Ericsson Forum
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi