Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > Any one use a Body Glove on the p900?

12  Next
Author Any one use a Body Glove on the p900?
red5hark
P900 no flip
PM
Posted: 2004-06-08 00:10
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Just wondering if anyone uses the Scuba Suit from Body Glove on their p900 as i have just ordered one but they are out of stock, they seem to be the best all round case, as i had one for my gx10 and i could literally throw that around it was that robust !

So what's the p900 version like anybody ?

RED
Learn the Rules...So you know how to Break them properly.
Burgaz
P990
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-06-08 03:05
I've used body glove cases on all my mobiles since my 3210(my fourth phone)and can i just say you are right. By far the most durable cases on the market! I didn't realise they made one for the P900.... Where'd you order it from and how much was it??

Cheers

Burgaz
Jah
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2004-06-08 08:14
red5hark

I bought one to try it out and stopped using it after a week as I do use the touch sreen a lot and the clear plastic of the Body Glove (that cover the whole of the screen) does not make it very easy to use the touch screen (its to thick and I have a MFOP in-place already). If you use the P900 mainly as a phone then I think the Body Glove case is very good. The belt clip is one of the best designs I have seen.
royfox
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2004-06-08 11:12
Can anyone advise the best location to buy one of these cases from? Virtually all sites I visit dont seem to have stock..

I'm based in the UK...

Thanks
red5hark
P900 no flip
PM
Posted: 2004-06-08 12:47
I have purchased mine here http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/
but they are currently out of stock.

They have a nice cheap bluetooth headset for sale aswell, i have just ordered one so i will let you all know what its like.

RED.
adnhk1
P990
PM
Posted: 2004-06-08 14:10
i've checked mobilefun and asked l8shop a few weeks back but non is shipping overseas. I can't seem to find an online shop that ship out of UK, and there's no other online shop outside of UK selling them too
Jah
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2004-06-08 16:11
royfox

I bought my one from eBay.
royfox
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2004-06-08 17:45
Jah ..
Thanks
red5hark
P900 no flip
PM
Posted: 2004-06-17 07:55
Just got my Body glove !

And what a great piece of kit it is, looks well cool on my Flipless p900.

PROS:

Swivel clip that clicks into several positions.
Doesnt cover any essential buttons.
Its black and silver. (what more do you need)
Can still write with the sylus.
Cradle still useable with case on.
Price £9.95 + PP
They are now in stock !

CONS:

Covers MS DUO slot but with a quick mod that will no longer be a problem.
Cover obscures both the bluetooth led and partialy obscures on/charge/connected led.
Top right corner left exposed (stylus side), as is the cradle point.
The wait to get hold of one, some two weeks since order.

Definately worth the wait.

http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/product/3081.htm

RED
Xerxes_8933a
P900
PM
Posted: 2004-06-17 11:41
As I mentioned previously (in another case thread if I remember... ) I was thinking of getting a Body Glove as they looked well cool but wasn't too sure as to how much protection it offered.

It might be the pictures over at Mobilefun but it looks as if quite a bit of the phone is left exposed and vunerable to being scratched and cracked if dropped.

Is this actually the case? (if you excuse the pun) or does it offer a lot more protection than the photos suggest?

cheers...

** Xerxes **
red5hark
P900 no flip
PM
Posted: 2004-06-18 00:15
Well i try not to lie...

Yes it is the case and yep thats where i got the picture as this shows the case from both sides, my email also said that one of the CONS was the lack of protection on the top left as seen, and the charger socket not seen.

I still think its a great case, and does look cool, i will post any problems with it here.

Although you cant see it properly the screen is cover by see thru plastic that you can still use a stylus or finger through, which is a definate PRO.

RED

[ This Message was edited by: red5hark on 2004-06-17 23:17 ]
celsius
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2004-06-18 16:43
I got one easy from ebay..just do a search for p900 body glove or p900 case...I used the buy it now facility for £6.99 (+£1 postage) and it came the very next day!!! Great.

I use it when I am at my deak at work and at home, but if was travelling, I would rather use my leather krusell as it offers more protection, but the body glove is very slimline and looks cool. Can be a pain trying to get the phone out at times cos the body glove is quite tight.

ekko star
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2004-06-26 20:44
Bought one of these today.

I have a Piel frama already and that is class through and through. Although it adds to the size of the phone and a bit of awkwardness when having to open and answer the phone.

The Scuba fits like a glove and adds very little to the size, and looks the part complementing the P900 in a very sophisticated style. I'm about to remove th flip on my phone now as I think it will look great flipless in this case. Also it has the plastic over the screen area, which is additional protection on an overlay. Surprisingly the screen is still very easy to use a stylus on.

Yes there are areas where the phone is exposed, top corner and the whole of the bottom. But since I NEVER chuck my phones about I am very careful handling them anyway.

The Piel Frama, as a fully protective leather case blows it away and is simply the best. I will still use this when taking the phone on long trips. At home or in the car, the Scuba is fine, and almost retains the phones naked beauty. It is an excellent 2nd case/skin for £10.
K700i
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2004-06-26 21:36
i got one and used it for a week but the touch screen is ruined by it i was quite fustrated with it it made the phone rather large. I then began to use the Vaja case which for me is excellent its a great quality case and its got a place to store DUO's and the screen i s left free to use. Its great for flip off users.
ekko star
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2004-06-26 22:23
does the vaja have cutouts for the speaker and the camera ?
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi