Esato

Forum > General discussions > Non mobile discussion > Which is your favorite decade?70's 80's or 90's

Author Which is your favorite decade?70's 80's or 90's
axxxr
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-06-07 18:47
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

I have to say my favorite decade is the 80's..It was a time in my life when i was growing up and having the time of my life.I cant say i enjoyed school back then but i did enjoy it to an extent.
The music in the 80's was just so new and fresh with artists like michael jackson-wham-tpau-boy george and many others.magical years i will never forget.share your 80's or any other favorite decade stories and experiences good or bad.

Who Shot JR? is talked about heavily from the TV show Dallas. On November 21, the conclusion draws more viewers than any other show in TV history up to that point.

Here are some 80's moments to refresh your memory

Summer Olympics in Moscow, USSR, The US boycotts

Post-It Notes are introduced by 3-M

The first all news service started by Turner Cable Network begins

John Lennon is assassinated by Mark David Chapman

Brook Shields whispers, "You know what comes between me and my Calvins? Nothing." the ad was banned.

Ronald Reagan is elected, defeating Jimmy Carter, and takes credit for freeing the Iranian hostages in his innaugural speech.

Poland has massive strikes, eventually the unions become legal, censorship is lessened.

About 125,000 Cubans leave Cuba for America, most are criminals hand picked by Castro's men, only a few are relatives of those in America.

RU-486, the abortion pill is released in France.

The US Supreme Court allows patents on living organisms.

Mt. Saint Helens erupts, killing 60 people.

CNN is launched as the first all news network

ABSCAM, FBI agents pose as rich arabs and bribed politicians with cash for favors.

Richard Pryor gets badly burned trying to freebase cocaine.

Small pox is considered eradicated by the World Health Orginization.

Sadam Hussein launches war against Iran for close to a decade over oil rights.

Japan passes the US as the largest automaker

Bill Gates licenses MS-DOS to IBM, makes next to nothing on the deal. The pair buys the rights to a simple operating system manufactured by Seattle Computer Products and use it as a template. The money is made later from licensing it to third party clone makers.

SEPTEMBER 22, 1980 - Procter and Gamble Co. announces a recall of its Rely brand tampons when federal studies conclude their use increases chances of toxic shock syndrome.

Genetic Engineering of insulin began clinical trials.

US suspends grain sales to the Soviet Union in respond to their support of the war in Afghanistan.

President Carter attempted a helicopter rescue of the hostages in Iran, failing miserably.

US hockey team beat Russia for the gold in the Winter Olympics.

[ This Message was edited by: axxxr on 2004-06-07 17:49 ]
haynesycop
Z800
PM
Posted: 2004-06-07 19:02
i was only born in 84 but i love 80's music, the music was just really great, alot better than the 70's althought 70's music is good too

my mums mad on the osmonds so i was kind of brought up on 70's and 80's music

spandau ballet, duran duran, culture club and wham are my favs
Jezzaj
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2004-06-07 19:20
born in the 70's but love the 80's
axxxr
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-06-07 19:26
One of my fav band was wham..they were real trendsetters for there time..And George michael is still going strong.

[addsig]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi