Esato

Forum > General discussions > Non mobile discussion > Who is a pilot here?

123  Next
Author Who is a pilot here?
Atlis
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-06-02 18:02
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
So, posting somewhere else off topic, I've decided to make this thread. I'm flying gliders - L-13 Blanik, sometimes parachutes, paragliding... And I was MiG-21 and L-39 Albatros technician... :-)

This message was posted from a Z600

boto43
M600 black
PM
Posted: 2004-06-02 18:10
When I was at university I was often flying from exams.That hardly can be to compare with glider flying,but this is only my experience with flying.
ja cejtim se bejt esatem sk podvedenej
Atlis
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-06-02 18:13
@boto Yes I've try this too. But it's slightly different ;-)

masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2004-06-02 18:25
yep. I've been flying on and off since 1986. Started in Cessna 152's at Redhill Flying Club when I was working in UK and also flew out of Annemasse near Geneva and around the Alps before heading back to Aus where I converted my licence to Australian at Bankstown near Sydney.

Shortly after that I got a night rating. I did that at the time haleys comet was last visiting and it was fantastic to get away from the city in the still of the night and see it. Like night driving, I prefer night flying. Generally the air is calmer and there is alot less traffic to worry about.

Since then I've done multi engine rating learning in a Duchess, Also got endorsed on a Cessna 310 (which is the the fastest aircraft I have flown at 180 knots) and a Seneca III which I took with 5 friends from Bankstown to Ayers Rock stopping at Broken Hill and Coober Pedy where we saw the opal mines etc.

Also gained aerobatic endorsement in a Robin at the Sydney aerobatic school run by an ex RAAF instructor.

Finally got the multi engine commad instrument rating after a 3 1/2 flight test where not only was I being tested but so was my instructor as there was a CAA examiner examining my instructors ability to perform the flight test... that was a sweaty one!

oh, I have done the CPL and BGT theory but doubt I will ever take it further now.

Apart from the aircraft mentioned I've flown Cessna 172RG (cutlass), my favourite single engine aircraft, the Trinidad (my other favourite single), Tobago, Cessna 182, 210 and various other Cessna and pipers.

Never done gliding as it doesn't appeal to me in the same way that sailboating also doesn't

[ This Message was edited by: masseur on 2004-06-02 17:34 ]
Sammy_boy
C510 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-06-02 18:32
I'd love to learn to fly - and intend to learn eventually. I find one of the highlights of going on holiday is going on a plane!

how much does a pilot's licence cost in the UK? How about to fly microlights?
"All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

Atlis
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-06-02 18:38
Interesting flying history... I was flying since '95 - cannot compare my type of flying. Mostly I worked on aircraft then flew them. Unfortunately I couldn't pass jet fighter exams... :-(

masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2004-06-02 18:47
the walk around and oil check is the closes I want to get to working on aircraft.

what scares me now with nearly 500 hours is the money I have spent over the years. Of those hours 150 alone are in twins (yikes!)

so far no accidents or incidents but I did find myself in cloud with a guy who was lost and disorientated so I got out of there pretty quick. Fortunately he made it out safely too. I also got distracted once from some friends as I was leaning the engine, then got some IFR traffic to deal with etc and the engine started spluttering. Went through the engine failure routine and as soon as I pushed the mixture in I realised what had happened. I'd leaned a little too far while waiting for the EGT to settle

I did get a little lost in the outback once, thats another story, but some fancy dead reckoning sorted me out!

I have loads and loads of stories and am as pasionate about flying now as I was when I first decided to fly age 2 when I first boarded a 707 in Melbourne to fly to UK

I recommend it to anyone
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2004-06-02 20:46
@mature - You must really be a 'jack-of-all-trade' mate! Maybe you also know how to sail a boat (not RC), run a commercial train - or even take a space shuttle to moon ? Just kidding here mate.
axxxr
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-06-02 21:06
Im considering taking helicopter lessons...as planes aint really my thing..Absolutely loved helicopters since i was a munchkin!! [addsig]
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2004-06-03 09:55
my wife got me a helicopter lesson once, in a Robinson R22.

It was fun but at the time it would have cost me as much to hire the 2 seater R22 as it was costing me to hire a 4 or 6 seater twin engined aircraft and I decided I'd rather spend the money and go places

its so much quicker getting over the blue mountains, or down to canberra or melbourne, or up to the central NSW coast from Sydney by fixed wing aircraft than it is by car
p900 lover
W960
PM
Posted: 2004-06-03 14:56
iv wonted to b a pilot 4 ages

its my ambition in the further

well im only 15 so iv got time left
kath
Z600
PM
Posted: 2004-06-03 15:54
Talk about the fun in life. Don't they allow women to fly?
Carpe Diem.
Ayush
W850 black
PM
Posted: 2004-06-03 16:43
Even anuj here is a BA pilot.

This message was posted from a WAP device

masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2007-01-30 23:56
I must remember to get a jump seat ride with anuj one day

wonder if he flies 777?

anyway, click here for a cool 777 cockpit layout. put your mouse over the panels for a description of each!

p900 lover
W960
PM
Posted: 2007-01-31 00:28
Quote:

On 2004-06-03 14:56:43, p900 lover wrote:
iv wonted to b a pilot 4 ages

its my ambition in the further

well I'm only 15 so iv got time left

Wow i don't think i have ever quoted myself but even if i have this is the most appropriate one lol.

Currently im on my gap year and need to decide if i want to go to the states or OZ and do my PPL.

Not sure which 1 would be better, i also want to travel a bit in the country i decided to do it in.

Oh and Masseur would u know if a PPL from OZ has the same validity around the world as a PPL done in the states or UK.

[ This Message was edited by: p900 lover on 2007-01-30 23:28 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi