Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Accessories > Cannot use Palm dialer via bluetooth with HBH-20

Author Cannot use Palm dialer via bluetooth with HBH-20
vi12
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-05-25 23:11
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I am trying to do the following:
- Dial from the Palm m505 address book via Palm bluetooth card to a T68i
- Using the HBH-20 headset

When dialing from the Palm, the HBH-20 is not activated by the T68i, and I have to talk and listen directly through the phone.

When dialing the same number on the T68i directly, the HBH-20 is activated as it should.

Does anyone know whether it is possible to use the Palm and HBH-20 at the same time?
gooner23
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-05-30 00:05
I am afraid not. I have had exactly the same problem with my IPAQ 3870 and the HBH-20. Basically the T68 is only capable talking to one Bluetooth device at a time. In our case the PDA. It cannot also communicate with the headset at the same time. I know its incredible isnt it. When you strip away some of the hype around Bluetooth you begin to find out why it has been so slow to take off.Still I am enjoying being at the bleeding edge of it. The only solution is to dial from the Palm but have the phone connected via corded headset. I know its a bit sad but still fun. Lets hope the newer versions of all this stuff will be a bit more intelligent.
Chung
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-06-15 01:44
I don't believe you guys are having the same problem - I've been searching for months for the answer to this...and it's bad news.

It is impossible and I've exhausted just about every website, user support and discussion forum around - Palm were absolutely useless and told me to contact Ericsson as their hardware appeared to be working properly so the fault must have been with the headset. Ericsson refused to give me a straight answer.

What REALLY annoyed me was the fact that on the packaging of the Bluetooth SD Card it clearly shows a bluetooth headset in use! Arguably, this is just to demonstrate the bluetooth family of products - but it should not surely have been displayed so prominently. False advertising? Methinks so.
shawnmccall9
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2002-06-15 01:56
this is a real problem that runs deeper than jsut here. For example, Mobilian is working on developing a PC that will permit a person to SIMULTANEOUSLY use WiFi and Bluetooth periphials. Bluetooth needs to adopt some server attributes, yes??
La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Looking for a smartphone with GSM 850 and EDGE. Hoping the P1000 will come through...
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi