Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > P900 modem/GPRS problem

Author P900 modem/GPRS problem
bjorne
P990 no flip
PM
Posted: 2004-04-04 16:17
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Got my new P900 Friday, replacing T610 that worked excellent.

GPRS/Internet/email works fine on Phone (& the other stuff to), can't get the phone to work as modem/GPRS to my laptop.

After a lot of hazzle I've managed to connect to my laptop through docking-station, USB-cable, Serial-cable and Bluethooth AND successfully managed to sync with PC-Suite. Have upgraded phone firmware etc with latest with the excellent SE service.

I got close with the USB-cable, modem installed, got ok on diagnostics and it started to connect through GPRS, the stopped with the error message 692 (once).

Then mainly I've got the message "the modem is already in use" - and its certainly not. Almost never got the modem diagnostics "ok", only once or twice with the USB cable.

Any chance someone out there can help??

Saludos
Bjorne

messlah
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2004-04-07 08:29
Hey I am having a similar problem. I am able to install the modem. Runs diagnostics fine.

I then go to click on shortcut for my ISP, enter in my details. On my phone it actually says dialing (ISPs number) on the P900 and dialing (ISPs number). Then I wait about 30seconds then I get:

Error connecting ot ISP:

Openingin Port

Error 678: The remote computer did not respond. For further assistance, click More infor or search Help and Support Centre for this error number.

Firstly is there anyway to turn on the dial sound when the laptop dials using the P900?

Secondly am I missing something here? Looks like everything is working fine, (dialing etc) but the remote computer does not respond? And yes I have tried dialing to it using a normal phone line and it worked fine.

Any help is much appreciated.

Edit: added link to "similar problem"

[ This Message was edited by: tranquil on 2004-04-07 07:48 ]
messlah
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2004-04-07 09:57
The solution to my problem was that my Phone Provider (Vodofone) had to enable datqa transer for my SIM. Rang thte help desk, took 5mins and then I was surfering the net on my laptop via mobile at a speed of 9600 bps WHoopie!
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi