Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Accessories > Tips to care for your battery

Previous  123 ... 678 ... 373839  Next
Author Tips to care for your battery
holybear
Z800
PM
Posted: 2002-11-19 06:11
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I've got a T68i, with the standard white battery. I use my phone everyday. I charge the phone every night before I goto bed, and I just leave it charging for the 6-8 hours. Most of the time, the charging process starts at half-full tank. I found the battery life is quite impressive, as I tried heavy using it for 4 days, and it still gave me1 hr talk time on the 4th day.

BiGBeaR
jcpsad
W800
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-11-21 18:06
as i said keep on using/charging it!
www.photos.panelo.com
www.panelo.com
www.bilog.panelo.com
www.pbalive.panelo.com
bravofly
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-11-22 14:22
@calvin: Thanks a lot!!!
I used to drain my battery, won´t do it again [addsig]
Calvin c",)
T68i mineral
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-11-22 16:28
Bravofly,
Glad I could help
hmanXX
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-11-28 06:52
I have revived 3 batteries (fault alarm cases). I found out that the culprit is not the battery faulty but the charging circuit gives fault alarm..

certain charging circuitry use some voltage reference to determine the state(Bad or good) of battery. if your battery voltage level is too low, it will trigger the protection circuit and refuse to charge. This happened to my T28 battery and motorola T191 battery.

What I did was...do manual slow charging with external power supply.

1) Use low current to slowly charge the battery to healthy discharged voltage level (layman -> 'flat' battery) so that the in-built charging circuitry in the HP can continue the charging function . It works for me

Fool proof method
Use +5V source with 100 Ohm resistor

Worst case charging current =50 mA, that is your battery is totally flat(0.2V ~ 0.3V)

Charge it for 15 min, measure the voltage level on the battery..if the voltage is increasing.(e.g 2.5V).your hope is there.., stop the charging, put your battery back to the phone and charge from phone. if the phone is still refuse to charge, repeat the manual charging till the voltage level reaches 3.1V then switch to use the phone to charge the battery..if the phone still refuse to do so...then good luck

Battery or phone charging circuitry dead.

2) Alternative easy way,with no resistor and meter available
Borrow your fren's fully charged up battery(same type)... do a direct connection..that is '+' to '+' and '-' to '-' connection..leave it there for 10 min.. use your hand to feel it..if the problematic battery warm up,yap it receives charges

Now put it back to your phone..and charge it from there...

NiMH has more problems because it uses a series of cells to make up of the package battery(you open your battery up, you will see it)..
e.g 3.6V NiMh battery =3 units of 1.2V cells, if either one cell some how trap in low voltage state, your appliance will declare faulty battery.. in fact, if you could isolate the battery and rescue the cell ..then your battery still can be used for many more cycle before it is totally malfunction.

Have fun...

penang
T610
PM
Posted: 2002-11-28 08:18
I've stopped worrying or thinking about battery life & its talk/standby time for now. Just move on and charge it as you use it until the phone/battery dies one day; perhaps at that time there'll be more high tech products then to choose from. --just a thought.
Die Another Day
PM
Posted: 2002-12-01 18:50
omg this is confuzing
Proud owner of a T86i
legallypogi
W810 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-12-01 19:03
I bought my fones a couple of weeks ago, im pretty satisfied, but now &then d battery only last 4 half day!

This post was posted from a T68i

Calvin c",)
T68i mineral
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-12-02 13:33
@london-devil
What's so confusing? It's pretty simple - if you've got a Li Ion/Li poly type battery, just don't let it drain too often and your battery will last longer. You'll make your battery happier if you keep it charged up
Tony Ericsson
R600
PM
Posted: 2002-12-02 13:45
I`m still confusd, soree for my engishe, is best too charj battery in 2 dimentions or 3 dimentions, i trie chargin in too dimenshon on pc "no efekt" 3 is betta but FOUR would be realy gfeat, haz any 1 else tried it & don`t you get fed up when people come on here just to annoy people by talking shit, sorry everyone but i could`nt resist it....i love this forum, it`s really helpfull.
Tony Ericsson
R600
PM
Posted: 2002-12-02 14:08
don`t worry about
it, a bit of humour is fine, as everybody on here is just killing time in the mistaken belief that a new high tec touch screen phone may be introduced to the line up.
Tony Ericsson
R600
PM
Posted: 2002-12-02 14:10
Oh, thanks.
Krubach
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2002-12-05 13:55
Orang3

Your info is very helpfull. But let me add a simple trick i used:
Having a battery (NiMH) that wouldn't last longer than 3 or four hours i discovered that if you putted the battery (discharged) in the freezer for a couple of hours, then let it get the normal ambience temperature and after that recharge it, it would make the battery last longer than it used to.

This procedure sets the battery to a "normal state" and "loose it's memory".

Remenber it was a NiMH battery.

Why not give it a try, since the batt is going to recycling (please recycle your batteries).

Let me know if it worked for you guys.
para242
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-12-16 13:55
Hi.
I've charged my new T68i 4 times and I had about 280h standby time. But after that I have suddenly only 55h standby, but 8h talk time after full (2h) charging. I'm not using my phone to much and I'm in fully signal coverage. Do I have wrong battery or can someone explain to we, what is going on? Thanks.
Coramoor
P800
PM
Posted: 2002-12-22 02:48
My t68i normally lasts about 3 days...
But then I use it alot.
I've tried a few times to see how long it lasts if I minimize use but I just can't keep my hands of it

The phone rules over all others.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 678 ... 373839  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic