Esato

Forum > General discussions > Esato forum > It's showtime!!:-D

Author It's showtime!!:-D
tranquil
W902 Black
PM
Posted: 2004-04-03 18:20
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Guys, you all seem to forget something; the prices. Who will be donating prices this time? Previously they have been donated by Sonyericssonman, SE them selves and Masseur and me has given away our personal items. There is a limit to how much can be expected from all mentioned above, and you guys don't seem to be satisfied with just the SE necklaces anymore.

This message was posted from a T630

[ This Message was edited by: tranquil on 2004-04-04 20:41 ]

~lozishere~
M600 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-04-03 20:47
Yeah... Where to get prizes from?
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2004-04-03 22:58
@tranquil - Now I know why the 'Playtime - Beat the Lock Contest' was halted there momentarily . . . I know that every contest will not survive long if it will not be supported by sponsors - entirely ! So, it was @sonyericssonman (so with rest of the sponsors as well) who were doling out those prizes that we have won at Playtime. I know that this proposal of mine will quite be very difficult to come in to being, but I guess in order for the member's 'desire' to reinstate the 'Playtime-Beat The Lock' contest, the esato team will just have to make some drastic moves here.
To have the contest back, each 'active' member will have to cash-in/dole out 'voluntarily' from their savings, say, US$ 2.00 per month per member, when accumulated will buy a nice/decent prize up for grabs. With the help of @gelfen here, he's quite good in making statistical reports as well - if my memory serves me right, by using his expertise/talent he can help you compute how much money will be earned if we are to base the total number of active members in the duscussion forum and with that of the dormant ones, say for the last/previous 8 months . . . This task will surely be a 'herculean task' one, but we are also to remember what others ask of us - 'When was the last time you did something for the FIRST time?' I guess this will be it mates!
In sending the money, we don't have to totally rely/depend on the PayPal thing (not everyone is aware of that), one other solution will be by sending thru the normal channel - reputable international banks. Let us not forget as well the ever reliable 'wiring' of money funds thru - Western Union Money Transfer!
Some will surely say that this idea is a cynical one, but let us not also forget (specially the past winners) that not everything in this world is only attained one-way, there is also the so-called give and take thing. If you take something one day, somehow you will also have to learn to give it back - maybe to someone else (not necessarily to the same person) and just don't worry about the money, God knows and will find a way how to give those blessings back, as they say, in a hundred fold. Just look at @laffen, he may not be that rich to run this site individually (?), but because of the good deed that he is doing to us - 34K + members here, I know that God will give back these things to him (so goes with the past Playtime sponsors). @laffen at one time was in dire strait, to the extent that this site was about to be shut-down then - remember people?
Now, in order for the 'contest' to be on-line once again, we just have to make new schemes as to how to get sponsors for the prizes . . . we have to think of some drastic measures to enjoy it back - somehow, somewhere - someday!
Hallelujah ! Praise The Lord !

kimcheeboi
T610
PM
Posted: 2004-04-03 23:36
I'll be glad to sponsor a playtime!

This message was posted from a T610

*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2004-04-03 23:43
@kimcheeboi - Start 'wiring' that US$ 2.00 of your share for this month of April ! By the way, if I may just ask, is there any 'limit' - minimum amount required when wiring money somewhere else. Maybe the proposed US$ 2.00 will not be accepted, and will only reach half-way of it's destination ?
kimcheeboi
T610
PM
Posted: 2004-04-04 00:19
Am i allowed to create a contest thread because i want to give away a dongle or something but i want to make my own contest... Mods, please pm me!

*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2004-04-04 00:24
@kimcheeboi - Are you trying to donate an SE accessory to esato? With that, maybe the Playtime-Beat The Lock Contest will be on, even for a day !
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2004-04-04 00:27
guys, please read our lips!

there won't be any playtime! for the forseeable future. sorry, but it was good while it lasted
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2004-04-04 00:29
@masseur - 'read my lips' - Just like the style of George Bush when he makes speeches !
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2004-04-04 00:35
is it? I try to avoid watching his speeches, sorry if thats the case.

anyway, its sad to say that for reasons already given it will be quite a while before there are serious playtimes, just the odd one off than tranquil already mentioned

quizes etc have been suggested before but I can't remember (and am too tired right now to seach) why that idea was discarded. oh well...
Nitro Fan
W960
PM
Posted: 2004-04-04 00:37
what is playtime? I am confused please help pps:
I have owned the ... T68i T610, P800, P900, P910, P990, W950, P1, W960 But SE have now totally lost the plot.
Elrond
V800
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-04-04 00:40
I think, because not everyone could answer it and that way as it is has everyone a chance to win.

This message was posted from a T300

masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2004-04-04 00:47
playtime was a game played here on Esato with prizes to be won.

One of the moderators would start a thread entitled Playtime!!! and nominate the winning reply position. The person who replied in that position won the prize.

We also ran series of playtimes where the winner got 10 points and the person prior and post to the winner got 5 points each. The points accumulated until the end of the series (usually over a few days) and the winner was the member with the most points.

here you can see past scoreboards
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2004-04-04 01:15
@masseur - YES! I do still recall that 'last'? Playtime contest, where active participants get to accumulate their day's accomplishments thru the 'points' system, and whoever ranked in first after a week's marathon - highest pointer tends to win a really nice prize. The one I saw wherein the grand winner should have gotten a nice SE accessory, but instead, after not totally finishing the entire contest, @tranquil apologizes, and the contest was abruptly put into end, and will just dole out an SE necklace (?) as the grand prize for the winner instead !
There had been some 'problems' there I suppose?

kimcheeboi
T610
PM
Posted: 2004-04-04 01:54
What i want to do is have a month long contest where people have to do certain things and accumulate points, them the winner gets a really nice se accessory like a headset or dongle, but i want to sponsor the contest myself, with the mods and >500s as judges.

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic