Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Ok so they're blocked and we can get alonger with playtime now :-D

This message was posted from a T300

BOSSHOGG
W910 Black
PM
Posted: 2004-04-02 10:39
I searched it before you posted the number, amazing what you can do from wap these days :-) so no naming and shaming? I never realised a script would give such a beacon to narrow it down to particular users. That in itself is amazing.

This message was posted from a T300

Ayush
W850 black
PM
Posted: 2004-04-03 10:54
Ok so whats the latest? Is playtime!!! still alive ?
Ayush
tranquil
W902 Black
PM
Posted: 2004-04-03 12:03
It's having a well deserved rest.

This message was posted from a T630

*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2004-04-03 16:01
@masseur & @tranquil - About that Playtime-Beat the Lock contest. I just have a suggestion here - an 'unsolicited advise' at that. Can you just have a different set of format with regards of the style how the game is being played? As we can see in the past, there has been some ongoing clamor, that it is quite very impossible for everybody to join the game since we are living in different timezones? Maybe that's why the contest was just played on different days (occasions) back then. My point is, instead of playing it in the sort of 'just' the fastest-fingers-first method (although basically that will still apply), why don't you have it in the 'trivia question' type of game? It will be more adventurous if the 'Qs' that will be asked had some relation to esato's history (also to test member's full awareness of the site), newcomers will just have to browse at past posts to be educated. Say, when was esato.com been online? Who made the very first 'official' post here at esato? Who's the very first member to be 'banned' at esato (I just might be the next?) . . . so on and so forth. Now, again, with regards to the different timezones - I guess in a way it will also be possible if you 'randomly' send a 'chosen' member a 'pm' about the trivia of the day/week/month - and give that chosen member to reply in say, 48 hrs. failure to do so will just mean that he loses his/her chances of winning, and look for another potential winner - to be fair, member's name will be drawn thru - computer generated raffle type, or whatever you decide about it. As I have experienced 'once' I won in the Playtime contest, there had been some confusion felt during that time, because one of the partcipants was caught (by the pms - don't know how?) cheating. So, by means of this new method, it will surely be a 'cheat-safe' game to speak!
Well, those were just a 'small' suggestion here mates. I am just not 'totally' in favor of the old system/rules that apply to the Playtime-Beat the Lock Contest . . .
Thanks!

[ This Message was edited by: jojo51069 on 2004-04-04 23:55 ]
BobaFett
R520 copper
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-04-03 16:16
I still didnt get the rules in that game, however its funny to watch the others to play.

This message was posted from a R520

*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2004-04-03 16:30
@bobafett - Were you pertaining to the suggestion I am making here, re: new play scheme at 'Playtime-Beat The Lock Contest'? . . . . Just try reading my post - again and again. After that lengthy post, I might just fall to sleep here if I'll make some clarification mate - it is already 10:27p in my place that's why . . .
BobaFett
R520 copper
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-04-03 16:35
@jojo the trivial isnt a bad idea, depends on the mods. Technical questions and facts about /// and se fones would be great.

This message was posted from a R520

*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2004-04-03 16:48
@bobafett - Yes! idea will greatly depend with the mods approval and with @laffen as well . . .
Bianca
W810 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-04-03 16:59
Great idea

This message was posted from a WAP device

tranquil
W902 Black
PM
Posted: 2004-04-03 18:20
Guys, you all seem to forget something; the prices. Who will be donating prices this time? Previously they have been donated by Sonyericssonman, SE them selves and Masseur and me has given away our personal items. There is a limit to how much can be expected from all mentioned above, and you guys don't seem to be satisfied with just the SE necklaces anymore.

This message was posted from a T630

[ This Message was edited by: tranquil on 2004-04-04 20:41 ]

~lozishere~
M600 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-04-03 20:47
Yeah... Where to get prizes from?
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2004-04-03 22:58
@tranquil - Now I know why the 'Playtime - Beat the Lock Contest' was halted there momentarily . . . I know that every contest will not survive long if it will not be supported by sponsors - entirely ! So, it was @sonyericssonman (so with rest of the sponsors as well) who were doling out those prizes that we have won at Playtime. I know that this proposal of mine will quite be very difficult to come in to being, but I guess in order for the member's 'desire' to reinstate the 'Playtime-Beat The Lock' contest, the esato team will just have to make some drastic moves here.
To have the contest back, each 'active' member will have to cash-in/dole out 'voluntarily' from their savings, say, US$ 2.00 per month per member, when accumulated will buy a nice/decent prize up for grabs. With the help of @gelfen here, he's quite good in making statistical reports as well - if my memory serves me right, by using his expertise/talent he can help you compute how much money will be earned if we are to base the total number of active members in the duscussion forum and with that of the dormant ones, say for the last/previous 8 months . . . This task will surely be a 'herculean task' one, but we are also to remember what others ask of us - 'When was the last time you did something for the FIRST time?' I guess this will be it mates!
In sending the money, we don't have to totally rely/depend on the PayPal thing (not everyone is aware of that), one other solution will be by sending thru the normal channel - reputable international banks. Let us not forget as well the ever reliable 'wiring' of money funds thru - Western Union Money Transfer!
Some will surely say that this idea is a cynical one, but let us not also forget (specially the past winners) that not everything in this world is only attained one-way, there is also the so-called give and take thing. If you take something one day, somehow you will also have to learn to give it back - maybe to someone else (not necessarily to the same person) and just don't worry about the money, God knows and will find a way how to give those blessings back, as they say, in a hundred fold. Just look at @laffen, he may not be that rich to run this site individually (?), but because of the good deed that he is doing to us - 34K + members here, I know that God will give back these things to him (so goes with the past Playtime sponsors). @laffen at one time was in dire strait, to the extent that this site was about to be shut-down then - remember people?
Now, in order for the 'contest' to be on-line once again, we just have to make new schemes as to how to get sponsors for the prizes . . . we have to think of some drastic measures to enjoy it back - somehow, somewhere - someday!
Hallelujah ! Praise The Lord !

kimcheeboi
T610
PM
Posted: 2004-04-03 23:36
I'll be glad to sponsor a playtime!

This message was posted from a T610

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic