Author P900 themes thread
fleur_sauvage
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2004-04-05 05:44
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hey Luc,

1. Jus to clear the air, I'm not a 'mate' into skimpily clad womn...I'm a grrl

2. I'm really into surfing and hence would love to have a surfing theme...nice barrel shots etc...someone on the clie forums made this super cool 'blue crush' skin which i used during my 'clie days' so was hoping tt u cld make one for me as well... but seriously, any surfing theme will do. I trust ur 'taste'....
richy240
P900
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-04-06 00:09
Quote:

macfan wrote:
not a bad start but you need to put a bit more detail into the parts of the theme, such as creating your own unique buttons and transparencies, as anyone can use the default ones and just stick a wallpaper in the background. It really takes your themes to the next level and will make them stand out from the others.
I know from experience that creating theme for the P900 is a long process...

Although your themes are very nice and you have a good eye for design, I must agree with macfan.
For sale: Near-mint M600i (white), PM me if interested
Notorious-G
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2004-04-06 01:48
Can someone make a nice monkey island theme? Ill be happy to host it for whoever makes it..
tulwinn
P900 no flip
PM
Posted: 2004-04-06 09:46
Quote:

On 2004-04-06 01:48:38, Notorious-G wrote:
Can someone make a nice monkey island theme? Ill be happy to host it for whoever makes it..

I was wondering what theme to do next and I like MI so I'll give it a shot.

Monken
Z1010
PM
Posted: 2004-04-06 11:39
Cool!
tulwinn
P900 no flip
PM
Posted: 2004-04-06 11:47
Well theres my stab at it, havent tried it on the phone yet so will do that tonight. (edit, should have posted this in new thread maybe, sorry Lucas)

[ This Message was edited by: tulwinn on 2004-04-06 11:02 ]
Lucas
M600 black
PM
Posted: 2004-04-06 13:41
@pinkz
I use the VitoThemeEditor as well. You can read my review of it in the review section in Esato if you like.

@fleur_sauvage
1. I thought that the word "mate" was a synonym for "friend", ie. non gender specific. Does not really mater, friend

2. I will look into a cool surfer theme when I have the time. Please give me some indications for nice wav. sounds if you have.

3. Did I not make a LCARS theme for you a couple of months ago?

@richy240
I must say that I admire the backing up, of macfan. And I might admit to having a bit of trubble with taking critic. However, I must say that I get a litle bit dissapointed when someone says that all I do is making wallpaper. I do think that I do a litle bit more.

The thing is that when I make baloons ore icons in a theme, I am seldom happy with the result and never end up using it in the theme. Take a look at the Counter Strike theme and select show "icons" and you will see that I do use it sometimes. In this theme, I tried using the reversed "y" for ballons but it got a white shade into it that I suspect is a bug in VitoThemeEditor rather than on photoshop. So even if I spend allot of time trying to use it in the theme, I ended up without it.

In some themes that are from the same movie. I do only change the wallpaper for each caracter, since everyone has different favorites. It is not as much fun to do a new entire theme for every caracter in the movie.

@tulwinn
Nice work dude (ore dudette) any sounds in the theme? Dont worry, I do not mind that You use this thread. Keep up the good work.
richy240
P900
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-04-06 15:31
@lucas
I'd be more than willing to make some tabs or selection balls for your themes. By agreeing with macfan I didn't mean that you are just taking wallpaper and turning it into a theme. Like I said, you have a good eye for design and color coordination, but the themes lack a certain level of personalization that makes a good theme great (or a great theme really, really great for that matter).

Of course, my themes are also lacking this since I've been using the same tabs and selection balls on most of the themes I've designed recently.

Original tabs and selection balls are hard to come up with I think, because each theme requires a different shape or color or something... I have seen some of the best themes with NO selection balls, then the worst with tabs, etc. that looked like they took hours to produce.

The best use of selection balls I've seen is on the new Happy Birthday theme availavle on M9. Check it out.
GalaCtiCa
P900
PM
Posted: 2004-04-06 19:24
i took the kill bill theme from m9 site, i found the balls are made with spikes just like the weapon of the japanese girl in the movie... now thats classic !
whozayfar
P900
PM
Posted: 2004-04-06 21:57
@lucas - some positive crit for u bud, your works are AWESOME, ive downloaded the trinity theme and i must say its the most stylish and well designed one ive seen to date, given there are a few flaws that you already been hammered to death about (they arent so serious) its a wicked piece of work, very very well thought out if u ask me. Anyway heres a screensaver that people can add on jus gives it a little more matricisin effect. If you havent got it already here it is

Looks quite stylish on the p900 even wen the lights faded out
There are 3 types of people in this world, those who can count....and those who cant
richy240
P900
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-04-06 22:04
No one is hammering Lucas to death, we are just pointing out ways to improve his themes. We're offering constructive critisism. And we're being extremely nice...

Shit, I've ASKED people to give me this sort of feedback, and now we're the bad guys?
tulwinn
P900 no flip
PM
Posted: 2004-04-06 22:16
Quote:

@tulwinn
Nice work dude (ore dudette) any sounds in the theme? Dont worry, I do not mind that You use this thread. Keep up the good work.

Heh, its dude and thanks, likewise, Ive already got your trinity theme

No sounds yet as Im pretty picky about them so if I wait people may never get the theme
draak1
P910
PM
Posted: 2004-04-06 22:30
Can some one a cool startrek them like a USS Enterprice or Klingon battlecruiser ?

Thanks in advence.
fleur_sauvage
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2004-04-07 10:33
@Lucas
Yes u did! That request for a friend of mine who completely adored it!

This request, however, is for myself...Appreciate your efforts as usual, mate...

Lucas
M600 black
PM
Posted: 2004-04-07 11:01
Quote:

On 2004-04-04 22:54:12, pinkz wrote:
hi, does anyone know where i can make my own theme?? or if not can anyone help me look for a burberry theme for my p900

thankz

Well I am not a big burberry fan, but here you go. No sounds though! Soon on www.p900club.us I hope you like it.

...and macfan and Richy, please notice the Icons

Quote:

Could Lucas plleeasse make a surfing-themed skin...perhaps something from the Blue Crush movie?

As an old skater, this was great fun fleur. I hope you like it. Soon on www.p900club.us I could not find any fun waves like Beach Boys ore simular. So I just but some small water sounds for sms, reminder and other.

In this theme I do have some chells as Icons and stuff, but since I dont like them, I did not post a pic of it. Anyway I hope you like it fleur

Someone wanted a CS terrorist theme. Here you go! Even this one has Icons and stuff. If you dont like the pics, send me some new ones. It was more difficult than I thought to find nice pics. Same sounds as the one before.

Hope you like it.

Sorry draak1, but I think there is so many Star Trek themes out there, that I dont want to do anymore of just that movie. Have a look and you will find many great ones. Good luck!

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi