Esato

Forum > General discussions > Non mobile discussion > Which MP3 player to get?

Visitors browsing this topic: 1
Add to Bookmarks
Author Which MP3 player to get?
Chazzer3
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-07-11 13:18
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Even though I think the point of this thread has been utilised, I say Ipod all the way, with its crystal screen, touchpad, and great chrome on white, it is simply the best over other ones, and of course for a cheaper one there is the ipod mini, of course now touch pad now but you still have 4GB and a tiny little unit, and colours to choose from, great reccomendation, is the ipod!
50Cent
W800
PM
Posted: 2004-07-11 17:01
yeah, we not saying the ipod is bad in terms of quality, just overpriced!!

@peeta
I wasnt aware the M3L was out yet!!! me gonna go find one

Twista

MP3 Players

[ This Message was edited by: Twista on 2004-07-11 16:02 ]
peeta
S500 Green
PM
Posted: 2004-07-14 02:41
ok so its not a proper mp3 player but it's a sony and it looks slick.

www.walkman.sony.co.jp/hdd_nwwm/
50Cent
W800
PM
Posted: 2004-07-16 20:52
what do you mean by "its not a proper mp3 player" ???
Trusted Trader: 50Cent (+6, -0)
peeta
S500 Green
PM
Posted: 2004-07-17 01:02
you'll have to convert your mp3's into sonys ATRAC3 format. not sure what that involves but it seems a bit pedantic on sonys part to insist on using their own format when nearly everyone else uses mp3. that is unless its a much better quality format but i've never used it so i don't know. anyone here know? also no radio but the s700 will have so probably won't need it anyway.
50Cent
W800
PM
Posted: 2004-07-18 16:49
oh, i've heard of that. I dunno about sound quality by it is a different form of compression. Sony claims it enables you to fit 30 albums on 1 CD (for CD players not mp3 players).
50Cent
W800
PM
Posted: 2004-07-24 19:45
i heard that there was a 4th generation of ipods to be released.
-Slightly bigger than an ipod mini
-has the circular disk
-four buttons positioned on touch sensitive disk

does anybody know how big the HD is? i thought i read it was 20g, but am unsure.

Twista

edit: ahh i'm so stupid, i just remembered where i read that article... HERE!

Ahh well, thanks to Axxxr here it is:
Apple today introduced the new iPod, the fourth generation of the world’s number one portable digital music player.
News Articles:

[2004-07-19]
Apple Introduces 4th Gen iPod

Apple's press release:

Apple today introduced the new iPod, the fourth generation of the world’s number one portable digital music player, featuring Apple’s patent pending Click Wheel, which combines the smooth and continuous scrolling of a touch-sensitive wheel with five push buttons for superior one handed navigation. The new iPod also features up to 12 hours battery life and Shuffle Songs, a new command in the main menu which gives users instant access to one of the most exciting new ways to listen to their music library. All iPods work effortlessly with Apple’s iTunes, providing music fans with the best digital jukebox on either a Mac or Windows computer and access to the iTunes Music Store, the number one digital music service in the world. The new iPod is available immediately in a 20GB model for $299 and a 40GB model for $399.

“The best digital music player just got better,” said Steve Jobs, Apple’s CEO. “The fourth generation iPod features Apple’s amazing Click Wheel for superb one handed control, 12 hour battery life and the new Shuffle Songs command in the main menu—all in an even smaller design that puts up to 10,000 songs in your pocket.”

“HP has chosen iPod and iTunes as the best products to integrate in to our digital entertainment strategy,” said Carly Fiorina, chairman and chief executive officer at HP. “We decided to wait for this amazing new fourth generation iPod, as it will offer our customers an even better experience. HP’s version of the new iPod will be available in September.”

iPod features Apple’s patent pending Auto-Sync technology that automatically downloads an entire digital music library onto iPod and keeps it up-to-date whenever it is plugged into a Mac or Windows computer using FireWire or USB. Users can transfer two songs per second from their Mac or Windows computer and can now conveniently charge iPod with either the included FireWire or USB cable.

The new 20GB and 40GB iPods are available immediately for a suggested retail price of just $299 (US) for the 20GB iPod and $399 (US) for the 40GB iPod through the Apple Store, Apple’s retail stores and Apple Authorized Resellers. Both iPods include earbud headphones, 1.2m 30-pin to FireWire cable, a 1.2m 30-pin to USB cable, and a CD with iTunes 4.6 for Mac and Windows computers. The 40GB model also includes an iPod dock.

40 gb and that small!!!

MP3 Players

[ This Message was edited by: Twista on 2004-07-24 18:48 ]
peeta
S500 Green
PM
Posted: 2004-07-30 03:07
i'm not that impressed by the new ipod. but that being said its still an ipod and those thinkin of getting one will get one no matter what people say against or for it (nokia syndrome i think its called). i decided on the iAudio M3L and its a very good player. it quite sony looking in design which means very slick also its solidly built, full of features and the battery lasts for ages (hasn't ran out yet). i don't think its an ipod killer but will definatly appeal to a lot of people.
peeta
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2004-07-30 04:16
Why does everybody think differently about iPods? Ive got a mini pod myself and im chuffed with it!!! Hope Apple make a colour screen pod eventually no dis-respect to those 8310 users but them displays have past it :-D

This message was posted from a T68i

lor
P910
PM
Posted: 2004-07-30 04:41
You losers need a pocket pc, that's all.

Whoops, did I say losers? I meant cool gadget people

[ This Message was edited by: lor on 2004-07-30 03:43 ]
$hé®îNghÀm3:16
W810 black
PM
Posted: 2004-07-30 13:29
I have an ipod and let me tell you a few thigns. The biggest waste of money ever!! I love apple things, there designs are fab. Just i knew there was gonna be errors and my prediction was right.

1st of all i was so excited when i got it. The box it was in, even that was done in a good stylish order. Got my bro to add some songs on threw his comp. 1st night, it was the best birthday present ever. A week in, still was great tho the battery only lasted a few hours. Then i hadnt had time to use it for like a day and thats when my problems came. After you stop using it even after a day or two the ipod can mess up. Once i charged it bk up i started listening again, then after 30 mins it just CUT OFF. To fix this you have to format it threw comp. Then about 2 or 3 months later, the same problem occured. I had everything already updated on there, new firmware. this time round i couldnt prevent it. After aproxmently an hour and a half it would cut off.
For the money i paid, i got ripped off!!!! Not only that but it kept crashin mine, my brothers comps out. They have 3.2ghz comps and it says minium of 1.7ghz. My bro took some songs out of it and then at long last it PATCHED the problem up abit. Now i could listen to it for 3 hours!! Again it messed up so i went bk to 1 and 1/2 hours
I guess it was good to show off but listening to the ipod for a 2 hours a day and showing it off is not worth £300.00. As you all know the ipod last for 18 months then you need to order a new battery which cost upto £70-£120 and have to send the ipod back to apple. Mine is on its way out, and i mostly likely wont buy the new battery.

If i had a 2nd chance, i would either wait for the new ipod which you've just shown or get the jukebox. My oldest brother is gonna buy the jukebox and for the money; its WELL worth it. The new ipod is gonna contain a new different battery (there crappy 18 month battery, wasnt there fault completely. It was the people they got the batterys from.) which will keep you listening to music for atleat 9 hours a day. The eternal battery will last atleat over 2 yrs. Plus the new ipod will cost around the same price as the jukebox.

From my bad experience i would proberly give the NEW ipod a chance, only after seeing what my brothers jukebox is gonna be like!!

[ This Message was edited by: $hé®îNghÀm3:16 on 2004-07-30 12:39 ]
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2004-07-30 15:57
Thats very unfortunate! Mine is problem free and sometimes I dont listen to it for days and its ok :-)

This message was posted from a T68i

50Cent
W800
PM
Posted: 2004-07-31 12:43
but even the battery time at its best isnt that great considering players like the M3L get upto 35 hours! i was working in Dixons a while back and found a lot of people returned their ipods within a year due to mechanical faults and poor battery life. However, i would like to see how his new ipod turns out.

Twista
$hé®îNghÀm3:16
W810 black
PM
Posted: 2004-08-05 01:46
have you finaly decided what your new mp3 is gonna be??
50Cent
W800
PM
Posted: 2004-08-05 12:15
well i know its not going to be a ipod of any shape or form.
i am tempted by the Iriver ihp-140 as it has had a price drop. However, i am waiting for information on that creative touch player(dissucussed previously in this thread).

its out of
- ihp 140
-that creative touch
-Iaudio M3L

Twista
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic