Esato

Forum > General discussions > Garbage threads > My appreciation thread!

Author My appreciation thread!
Vlammetje
C702 Cyan
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-03-30 23:52
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

I had a long speech prepared but it didn't make it through the posting process so here comes the (very) shortened version: I know for 100% sure that my ancestors are not 100% white Dutch farmer ppl. We have at least one documented stray of gypsy in our blood and who knows what came before Vikings? Germans? Attila the Hun?

It's not about being 'pure-bred' this or that race the world is too small and ppl have ventured out in a million different directions... NOBODY is of pure descent anymore. That still is no reason to be bothered.

And certainly no reason to keep continuously expressing self-loathing...... it doesn't gain you anything but loathing from others as well.

Do you know there is one theory that suggest that modern man (with possible exception of the Aboriginals) stems for 100% from black africans? Interesting thought isn't it?

But 'roots' to each person are no more then what the last generation(s) pass on....... in some cultures tradition is very strong (think Arab for example, or Afro-American) and the passing of that tradition takes a vital place in everyday life. That creates a sense of belonging to a group.

No such thing for me, born and bred in the country where (most of) my ancestors have lived for centuries. Our 'tradition' and 'culture' is what comes natural, what is all around is. We take it for granted, and that is because we've never had to fear we might lose it if we don't hang on tooth and nail and indeed it is what does in fact cause the large changes in society over the past decades.

Now we (the dutch) are mixing up with many different streams at one time, each of them with considerable influence on how we act and think and see ourselves. By living with an Arab man I'm happily contributing to that change, as I have in the past, having shared my house with ppl from more than 30 different nationalities over the years. It's changed the course of my path to have known them and indeed what I pass on to my children one day, will be different from what my parents passed on to me

No worse, no better, just different as my thoughts and perception have been coloured by my life and the people around me.

then there will be the father of my children, who may have very different things to share with his kids as well... and the end product will be a mixture of our combined baggage... probably resulting in people that will view the world and their heritage slightly differently from what I think is 'reality'.

Maybe 5 or 6 generations down the road there will be no more individual races or cultures and we'll all be mixed up, who knows

A long speech after all... not sure if it's all clear or even on topic still

PS: I answer to posts i take interest in (or wish to take the piss out of ) more than to any individual poster (my family excepted)
I don't stay angry for very long, but i never forget!
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2004-03-31 00:04
@vlammetje - That's my mistress, ooops sorry, I mean the future esato female mod ! ! ! Hats off with that speech you just made (to the point that I even printed a copy and will be sent to my relatives in Antarctica)! - Really one of your finest replies here!
I totally agree with what you just said, specially that black aborigins dominated Africa first before the 'real' Africans came? Looks like it does not make sense? Let me see my printed copy again?
Well anyway, so, we must also take into consideration that the apes are our closest descendants? As what the theory of one great scientist said (forgot the name).
Maybe, what I despise about our 'mix-race' now is that people here never changed for the better, but gets even worse as the days progresses - ask a Filipino that you know here, and you'll understand.
Nobody can help lift and bring back the true spirit of the Filipinos - maybe not in this era . . . though if not, it will just be too late!
Case closed!
scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-03-31 00:04
Racial purity? Completely absurd idea as has been pointed out in the above post. The very notion of 'race' is also quite absurd, there is only one race, the human race. For someone to qualify a sbeing from another race they would need to have a different genetic make-up, which of course no one on this planet does. If some of the other species of advanced primate had survived along with Homo Erectus then they would qualify a sbeing a seperate 'race', e.g. Neanderthal Man.
Any nation worth its salt has a good mixture of peoples. Britain for example has had constant immigration and genetic mixing by peoples from all over the world for millenia.
"I may be drunk my dear woman, but in the morning I will be sober, and you will still be ugly." WSC
Vlammetje
C702 Cyan
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-03-31 00:08
I myself like the mixture (indeed i like mixin pun intended) if it weren't there we'd still eat only potatoes and cabbage today or scratch the potatoes those were imported from the 'far east' one fine day... cabbage and rabbits I guess

Cultural diversity brings us much more than it takes away from us.
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2004-03-31 00:31
@scotsboyuk - Nice perception and explanation there mate!
@vlammetje - Yeah food has also something to do with @mixin (mixing) race! Until very recently that I found out that the food 'Chopsuey' - mix vegetable dish really did not originate from China but from US instead - hmmmm, something's fishy!
To cite a very acceptable explanation about having mix-races is here at - esato itself ! We converse thru chatting form, we discuss different ideas - to the extent, what to choose between a sock or a mushroom at that, we even take sides, depending what country we are from, we have our own nationality colums/threads (eg. pinoy chit-chat/UK thread) - because we all don't speak the same language, and are just being knot together by the English medium (US, that's why I really like it), we even sent gifts/prizes thru @laffens and it's numerous sponsors thru Playtime, we comfort each other when the judgement does not favor some - 'Bring Back Vermania' thread, we manage to see each other's faces in the thread I authored, wherein I manage to see your beautiful smile (why not the whole face babe?), we respected each other's moves and opinions after some mods totally lock such thread, we tried to please everyone, by simply saying 'I am sorry, I apologize, Forgive me' when our replies does not favor the majority, we chat for looong even during the wee hours of the night and morning just to get connected - A N D now, what makes our races apart/differ is when we start flaming at each other's opinions . . . .. That's where our different cultures goes in . . . Resulting for such threads to be locked!
In a nutshell, do you think @vlammetje we will be better off now, if Jesus did not change the way we speak in different toungues/languages when the people/ slaves tried to erect the Tower of Babel - with it's major goal is to reach the heavens. Jesus made the people speak different dialects so as not the have that building reach his kingdom - architecturally speaking, will really not happen, even if we apply the latest modern technology of today !
scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-03-31 01:15
The tower of Babel is in the Old Testament, not the New, so I believe (no pun intended); God did the work in this caper, not God as Jesus. Although technically the same being I think things need clarified.
"I may be drunk my dear woman, but in the morning I will be sober, and you will still be ugly." WSC
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2004-03-31 01:19
@scotsboyuk - Yup, I 'sat' corrected ! I don't read the Bible that much. 'Oui' magazine is my Bible when I am sitted in my throne in my bathroom . . .
scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-03-31 01:22
I'm not a pew warmer either, just happen to remember that fact. Go in peace my son.
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2004-03-31 01:25
@scotsboyuk - Thanks for the reminder Father Abraham ! Where are the rest of your co-aliens? They still have to make some rehearsals re: the parting of the Red Sea during Moses' time, maybe in a hundred more years from now ???
scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-03-31 01:27
Ears, quite.
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2004-03-31 01:29
Nose-body ?
mixin
T66 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-03-31 10:41
This thread has gone all to serious

and no, that doesnt mean its time to post images

[ This Message was edited by: MixiN on 2004-03-31 09:42 ]
Vlammetje
C702 Cyan
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-03-31 12:22
nowt wrong with some serious discussion
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2004-03-31 15:03
Why these 2 individuals (loving couple), always sniffing back at my posts ??? They always come in pair ! Are you both some sort of a 'mod-on-the-job-training' ? ? ? Beats me then !
@mixin - Want another pic ?

[ This Message was edited by: jojo51069 on 2004-03-31 14:14 ]
Vlammetje
C702 Cyan
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-03-31 15:04
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic