Esato

Forum > General discussions > Garbage threads > My appreciation thread!

Author My appreciation thread!
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2004-03-27 22:34
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
@jim - Might be wrong here . . . but was that 'mossels' or 'mussels' ?

Jim
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2004-03-27 22:59
Sorry jojo it was the dutch word and yes I know where they come from but it's because we eat them with fries and mayonnaise
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2004-03-27 23:10
@jim - My apologies here, wrong entry . . . .
djpowelly
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2004-03-28 21:38
McTranquils all round then.. thats £1.99 please
djpowelly
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2004-03-28 22:19
I am already thru eating all those burgers . . . . I am a bit dizzy, needs to sleep - faaaaaaaaast. What I need I guess is a @tranquil-izer !
Krubach
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2004-03-29 11:42
Quote:

On 2004-03-26 16:24:52, Jim wrote:
Quote:

On 2004-03-26 12:37:47, Krubach wrote:
but french fries are still my favourite...

Actually fries are not french but belgian

Sorry for hurting your belgian pride... [addsig]
ShawO
S700
PM
Posted: 2004-03-29 19:38
was about to ask why they dont call it belch fries but...
go figger!
(no offence mates! )
Beauty is in the eyes of the beerholder
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2004-03-29 20:26
Speaking of 'fries' (French). I remember that during the start of the Iraq invasion last year, the French (Chirac) and German (Schroder) leaders 'blatantly' opposes it. They were seen almost daily on CNN/BBC showing their support for each other - as against US' and it's allies' plans of invading Iraq.
To the American's dismay, they changed some of the very traditional foods that has become a custom on their land, only for a short period of time I guess. All the things which has a 'French' word before it were changed to 'Freedom', say like, French Fries to Freedom Fries, French Bread to Freedom Bread. I was just wondering till now if the word 'French Kiss' was ever changed to 'Freedom Kiss' ? ? ?
Jim
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2004-03-30 19:17
Yeah but at least I have some pride and btw why do you keep caling it french when it's not true ... go figger !

Ha !
cyanx7
Z600
PM
Posted: 2004-03-30 20:15
america! america! god shed it's grace on thee!
The garbage man is happy as a young maiden losing virginity...
I GOTTA GARBAGE THREAD WITH MY NAME ON IT! YEAH!
Shithappens just became my blood brother and Bjerkebanen my blood sister...
Vlammetje
C702 Cyan
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-03-30 20:20
cyanx7
Z600
PM
Posted: 2004-03-30 20:43
double that, sys...
The garbage man is happy as a young maiden losing virginity...
I GOTTA GARBAGE THREAD WITH MY NAME ON IT! YEAH!
Shithappens just became my blood brother and Bjerkebanen my blood sister...
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2004-03-30 21:20
Honestly speaking, I am a pro-USA guy! 'Am proud of it mates! I hate my roots, we are a country where our passion for honesty, integrity and love for our own fellowmen - already died! My Mom used to tell me that during their time (50-60's) people lived their lives in the simpliest way possible, only a few can be seen working doubly hard to become rich. People who works for the government were truly dedicated to their sworn duties and nobody became rich because of the possibilities they can have/gain while in the office (graft), some even doled out their own money while in the position! But look at us now, politicians never been replaced, same old faces, some even died while holding the position - because of old age, they just never get tired (of stealing peoples money)! Traditional politicians makes so much promises when campaigning - they even made it to the point that they will give the stars and moon, and almost everything else that can be visibly found in the heavenly bodies to the people! But after a few year's stay in office, you can see the sh*ts riding their new 7 series Bimmers, some even have the guts to buy a Ferrari at that (thick face)! That's why there has a saying here in Manila, that if you can see a gorgeous luxury car strolling down in the busy metropolis, it can only be owned by two kinds of individuals, either by a rich businessman (legit) or by a politician!
Many are already considering that my country be totally controlled by the US (as we have been during the 2nd World War) - and let them govern our land. With that we will become an instant American citizen!
And will have French Fries as our national pastime food, instead of the old 'Banana Q' and 'Kamote Q' - deep fried sweet bananas and sweet potatos!
Vlammetje
C702 Cyan
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-03-30 21:25
you hate your roots because they've "americanised" yet you're pro america?

That makes no sense.

But take a word of advise: your roots, your origin, your background and your life experience define who and what you are. Hating them would mean denying who and what you are. What for? Roots, a heritage, an origin, are something to be proud of. Something to cherish. Something to share with the ones that come after you, so it won't be forgotten.

[end of sermon ]
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2004-03-30 21:56
@vlammetje - Huuuuuuy! Hindi na siya galit sa akin, kinankausap na niya kasi ako . . . . Huuuy! (translation): She's not mad at me anymore, because she's replying to my posts more often ? . . .
You just don't get the whole picture my friend. You see old straight, educated and honored people in my place all agreed that the reason why our race has become a disgusting one is because of the foreign conquestadores/conquerors who invaded our lands since time immemorial (park)! starting from the Portuguese - 14 or 15th century, the time where they reign supreme (pizza hut) in all shores all over the globe, the arrival of the Spaniards, Americans (whoopeee), Israelites and Noah made a stop-over our place to eat pansit (just kidding). What we have become now is brought about by the genes inherited to our great-50x grandparents then, resulting to mix culture. Our national hero, Michael Jordan, I mean Jose Rizal was branded to have a Malay roots/race! So @vlammetje - we are not pure anymore - are you? I mean your race as well?, are you a 100% sure that black people never entered your civilizations then. Just like the Americans, in the beginning they were not pure 'white' skinned people, but instead of an 'Indian race' (brown skinned) - there, they got the introduction of a car race - Indy 500 in 'Indiannapolis' !
See my point @vlammetje - you might just got confused with my explanation here, and so am I ! I just got an overnight 3 hours of sleep . . . that's why !
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic