Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > Apple Macintosh and Sony Ericsson issues

Previous  123 ... 333435 ... 636465  Next
Author Apple Macintosh and Sony Ericsson issues
niji
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-05-28 14:56
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
confirmed fact:
the v800 and/or 802se works natively out of the box with tiger: perfect Address Book and ical syncing each time every time.
10.3.9 does not iSync natively with any mac for these fones.
upgrade to tiger and enjoy peace.

[ This Message was edited by: niji on 2005-05-28 13:57 ]
Jools
C510 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-05-28 21:49
I've been busy today making my first theme for the K750i. Heavily inspired by the Mac OS X 10.4 'Tiger' user interface:

A must for all you Mac using K750 owners!

Download as .thm or as a .zip.

Comments? Improvements? Glitches? Post here... not in this thread, please!
sapporobaby
J110 Cream
PM
Posted: 2005-05-28 23:11
Hey Jools,

what about us z800 users?
*edited on a Mac of course. Mac: There is no substitute*

N82(YES), iPhone 3G, Shure es530, Nikon D300, more stuff. No more SE stuff, why am I still here?
Jools
C510 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-05-28 23:22
If I had a z800 to test on, sure I'd make a theme for it! But there's alot of actual trying on the phone required during theme making - the theme creator isn't enough on its own!
dxk
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-05-28 23:26
Re K700i/V800/V3 iSync 1.5 syncing woes...

Thanks niji - that's as clear an endorsement of Tiger syncing as I've heard. I may have to consider getting that 'ol cat sooner rather than later!
sapporobaby
J110 Cream
PM
Posted: 2005-05-28 23:39
@dxk

I can not verify the Panther syncs with the v800, but I do know that it works okay with the k700i, and s700i. However, under Tiger, it is fast and very stable. I am very impressed with the way the syncing works, however Apple changed the way iSync works, but Jools developed a little app that fixes it.

Get Tiger. It fixes things and sort of breaks some but all in all I am pleased.

N82(YES), iPhone 3G, Shure es530, Nikon D300, more stuff. No more SE stuff, why am I still here?
dxk
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-05-29 00:28
@ sapporobaby

Re

"Get Tiger. It fixes things and sort of breaks some but all in all I am pleased."

That's exactly the sort of stuff that's driving me CRAZY with syncing - it works.... sort of! As an Apple head, I'm used to things just working, no ifs or buts. This doesn't seem to be the case with mobile phone syncing, so far. I suppose if I get the V800 and Tiger, subsequent OS updates will eventually sort things out.

As Epicurus said, " Nothing is enough to the man for whom enough is too little."

By the way, any thoughts on the V3 RAZR?? Pretty sexy, no?
sapporobaby
J110 Cream
PM
Posted: 2005-05-29 01:05
@dxk

With Tiger, iSync never misses a beat. Works perfectly every time and it is MUCH faster than before and I mean much. Apple fixed this, but they changed the behavior. I am sure they will put it back with 10.4.2 or whatever.

I am an SE man. If I were to change, it would be back to Nokia. My wife got a new 6680 as a gift and I have to admit, it is very nice. I have never once for a second like Motorola. Also, I do not like phones being too small. The v800 or k700 is about as small as I like a phone.

dxk
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-05-29 02:56
@ sapporobaby

"Apple fixed this, but they changed the behavior."

Mmmm... what does that mean to a simple guy like me?!

I've hated Moto in the past, but I can't help digging the V3 - what's not to like? It's the Kate Moss of phones....

Also, re the V800, are there any DuoStick / Apple issues, or can data be simply bluetoothed from the memory stick into the computer? This is another big question for me...

ps my buddy Jenny in NY says I should listen to the Finns 'cos they know what they're talking about! ( She also says I've lost my mind with this whole mobile phone freak out... and she might be right...! )
sapporobaby
J110 Cream
PM
Posted: 2005-05-29 11:15
@ sapporobaby

"Apple fixed this, but they changed the behavior."

Mmmm... what does that mean to a simple guy like me?!

I've hated Moto in the past, but I can't help digging the V3 - what's not to like? It's the Kate Moss of phones....

Also, re the V800, are there any DuoStick / Apple issues, or can data be simply bluetoothed from the memory stick into the computer? This is another big question for me...

ps my buddy Jenny in NY says I should listen to the Finns 'cos they know what they're talking about! ( She also says I've lost my mind with this whole mobile phone freak out... and she might be right...! )

I tend to listen to the Finns as well, especially my wife as I am from the States and live here now. Listen to Jenny simply because she is a woman.

Sorry about the cryptic statement. I meant that Apple made iSync much more stable and fast, however they removed the ability to click on it and have it start to sync. Don't know why, anyway, JoolsG4 wrote a small script that fixes this problem and allows iSync to work like normal. As for the MS Duo and v800, I am using them but the MS Duo Pro and it works great. You can put up to 2 gigs in( I think), but 1 works fine. No problems at all.

dxk
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-05-29 16:54
@ sapporobaby

Jenny will be impressed by your faith in womankind!

Did JoolsG4 post his script? It sounds like a pretty essential fix. I don't remember it from earlier in this thread, but I guess it's in there.

I'm amazed that the MS Duo Pro can hold 2 gigs - or even 1 gig. That might just persuade me to leave the iPod at home occasionally in the future.

When driving, I often get long-winded calls that require lots of note taking. With 1 gig, I could probably store lots of voice recordings with the V800 and copy those calls to my PB for transcribing later.

All I need now's a Tiger...
Jools
C510 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-05-29 16:59
My iSync fix is here: http://mobile.feisar.com
dxk
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-05-29 17:06
@ JoolsG4

Thanks a million!
sapporobaby
J110 Cream
PM
Posted: 2005-05-29 20:07
I have to admit that Tiger is great. Sure it has some good and bad, but it is leaps and bounds better than Windoze. Can you say "no viruses"?

psmithaitchison
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-05-30 12:19
I apologise if this has already been covered elsewhere but i am deperate to find out if the SE K750i is mac compatible. i was told by O2 that it isn't but just wanted to check as i have fallen in love with it but as an iBook owner, it would definitley need to be compatible.
If anyone knows please let me know ASAP.
Ta
x
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 333435 ... 636465  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic