Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > Apple Macintosh and Sony Ericsson issues

Previous  123 ... 323334 ... 636465  Next
Author Apple Macintosh and Sony Ericsson issues
boatboy
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-05-18 15:47
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Like fukkhead I have kernel errors with p910i randomly demands reboot, screen goes dark etc when using it as modem with ibookg4. any ideas? it is an unbranded phone as far as I know.
any chance of using the dock connector with mac too? or getting isync to fully work? seems okay except for calendar.
cheers
oh yeah and any way of getting my branded k700i to accept mp3 as ringtones can only find solutions for windoze users.
any help gratefully recieved, thanx
Jools
C510 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-05-18 16:01
Just realised the other night that since upgrading to Tiger, iSync now properly syncs all the address, web-site, email and notes fields from Address Book to my K700i's phonebook. It never did it before.

Still doesn't sync contact photos though, which I don't understand because it is possible because MacMedia's PhoneAgent does it.
Jools
C510 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-05-19 16:10
Has anyone else noticed the bug in iSync 2.0 ?

If the iSync application isn't open the "Sync Now" menu option from the iSync menu bar icon doesn't work. The icon spins for a few seconds but it doesn't initiate a sync. If the iSync app IS open the the sync starts as expected.

It used to work fine in Mac OS X 10.3.x and hasn't been fixed in 10.4.1
sapporobaby
J110 Cream
PM
Posted: 2005-05-20 00:16
Hey Jools,

I have noticed this as well. I hope that Apple fixes this soon.
*edited on a Mac of course. Mac: There is no substitute*

N82(YES), iPhone 3G, Shure es530, Nikon D300, more stuff. No more SE stuff, why am I still here?
Jools
C510 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-05-20 08:37
I have since found out that it is designed this way!!

Read this: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=301340

Where it says:

"To sync with any phone that's been configured in iSync, the iSync application must be open to sync to it via Sync Now from the Sync Status menu. In other words, if you set up a mobile phone in iSync, you will not be able to sync information with it from the Sync Status menu if iSync is not open."

Two steps forward, one step back!
sapporobaby
J110 Cream
PM
Posted: 2005-05-20 11:11
Very Windozey if you ask me. What a stupid thing to do. Someone at apple will wake up and get a case of the "oh crap, what have we done" and fix it back.

N82(YES), iPhone 3G, Shure es530, Nikon D300, more stuff. No more SE stuff, why am I still here?
wavesurf
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-05-21 11:31
My experience with the Mac and iSync is horrible. I have tried to connect three different phones to the Mac (Tiger) and none is working.

The first two I tried to connect were the Nokia 6630 and Nokia 6680, which didn't work. That was expected though, since Nokia-support in Mac OS X is virtually non-existent.

However, it also failed yesterday when I got the new K750i. I was sure that the new Sony Ericsson phone would work smoothly, but iSync gives me a "Can't connect to this device"-message.

Am I doing something wrong or is iSync basically worthless for mobile phones? Does anyone have any knowledge about what Apple does on a regular basis for updating Mac OS X and iSync (can this be added in 10.4.2 or do we have to wait for Lion, Cougar, or whatever stupid feline name they put on 10.5)?

Thanks for any help.
Jools
C510 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-05-21 12:02
iSync isn't worthless for mobile phones, I sync my SE phones with it perfectly.

As Tiger was released BEFORE the K750, you can't really expect Apple to have added support to it can you?

However, someone has found an unofficial way of adding support for the K750 by editing the MetaClasses file inside the iSync.app

http://www.kinkykoala.com/macstuff/k750i/

BTW, I've got a workaround for the "Sync Now" problem with Tiger mentioned above! I made a little application (with icons!) that you can put in the Dock, or in your favourite menubar application launcher (I use Butler). When you run it, it automatically opens iSync, starts the sync process, then quits iSync when its finished. So it's basically back to how it used to be!

Download it from here and put it in a convenient place, then add it to your favourite application launcher.

[ This Message was edited by: JoolsG4 on 2005-05-21 13:23 ]
wavesurf
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-05-21 14:46
Thanks for the fast reply.

I don't seem to be able to make it work, though. I can't find the directory mentioned on the kinkykoala-site. Do I have to go through the terminal-window and use SuperUser-functions? If so, does anyone have a nice description/tutorial of how this is done?

As you guys can probably understand I'm not all that familiar with the Mac-system, since I have only been using a Mac for about a month, after 15 years on the Win-platform

Help would be greatly appreciated...
Jools
C510 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-05-21 15:30
You have to CTRL-Click (or right-click) on the iSync application icon and choose "Show Package Contents" then you'll find where you need to put that file.
mckvakk
T600
PM
Posted: 2005-05-24 15:05
does anyone else have problems with tiger crashing, making a reboot neccesary after unplugging K750i from the usb cable? this happened the two times i used the cable..
sapporobaby
J110 Cream
PM
Posted: 2005-05-24 15:09
It also happens with my v800 as well. I think it is either SE and Mac, or it has to do with the way the drive is dismounted. Only happens with the phone. Not with flash drives, iPod, or my external drive. I am sure Apple will hear about this and issue a fix. Maybe 10.4.2?

mckvakk
T600
PM
Posted: 2005-05-24 16:10
Let's hope so
sapporobaby
J110 Cream
PM
Posted: 2005-05-25 22:39
Good thing BT works flawlessly with Apple(Mac) and SE. My friend has a Windoze box and BT is basically hit and miss with him. I just smile and connect.

dxk
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-05-28 13:42
Howdy, all you Apple / SE heads. Thanks for all your posts over the past several months - I've been trawling through lots of it while trying to decide whether to get the K700i / V800 or Motorola V3 RAZR.

I'm a devoted Mac user ( PowerBook G4, OS X Version 3.9 ) and am seeking the most Apple-compatible phone possible. I'm holding off on Tiger 'cos I'm afraid it will clash with some DJ software I'm using and will wait for a few months until things settle down.

I bought the K700i last week. Frankly, I don't like the feel of it on my ear - the earpiece has a sharp edge which is not very well suited to being jammed up against my ear for long periods of time! ( I've mainly used Nokias before, which are always easy on the ear.) The keypad is also very small and quite awkward for texting, by comparison with my Nokia 6310i. I'm probably going to sell it and possibly go for the V800 or the V3 RAZR.

More to the point, I've had plenty of grief syncing it with iSync. All of the issues mentioned in previous pages of this post have cropped up. I've done all the standard fixes and appear to have finally gotten a successful sync.

However, judging by many of the posts from before the Tiger release, my gut feeling is that the whole process is fundamentally untrustworthy - there shouldn't be a load of hassle involved in syncing a phone which is officially supported by OS X 3.9 with my Mac! Maybe it's better to just write down new phone numbers and forget about all this syncing hell! ( I've spent the last ten days obscessing over all of this and am quite disillusioned with all the pitfalls. )

For example, many posts mention inconsistent results - iSync works one day and pops up an error message the next day; frequent instances of haviny your K700i contacts deleted and having to start it all over again; if you input a new contact in your phone, isync fails to pick it up; Address Book entries - Mobile/ Home/ Email/ Website - are not transferred to K700i satisfactorily. Aarrrgh!

Am I being pessimistic about this, or is the whole Mac - mobile phone interface simply not up to speed yet? Would it be better to try BluePhoneElite or PhoneAgent instead of iSync?

A friend of mine has the V800 and says it works flawlessly with Outlook Express. I'm very jealous! As far as I can see, the V800 doesn't work with iSync 1.5 - and evidently, it doesn't really sync well with Tiger either! Oh no! It's all too much!

Does the V800 even work with Bluetooth on Panther 3.9?

I hope this post isn't too rambling or in the wrong place - I'm an Esato newbie and don't want to get things off to a bad start!

I would really appreciate any feedback on all of this.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 323334 ... 636465  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic