Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > Apple Macintosh and Sony Ericsson issues

Previous  123 ... 313233 ... 636465  Next
Author Apple Macintosh and Sony Ericsson issues
sapporobaby
J110 Cream
PM
Posted: 2005-04-30 11:28
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
@Bobajobbob

Installed Tiger yesterday and played with it. Must admit, you were correct. It feels more like a big upgrade rather than an OS change however I guess that things are under the hood, which in itself is good in a way. I think the mainly cosmetic changes were mainly for our edification rather than a real necessity. Apple is quite good at user interfaces and I think that they could have really spiffed things up if they had wanted to. All in all, it seems quicker rather than faster if that makes sense. I must say that Safari is pretty darn quick though. Faster than before. I will bump my PB up to about 1.5 or 2.0 megs and see if things really fly.
*edited on a Mac of course. Mac: There is no substitute*

N82(YES), iPhone 3G, Shure es530, Nikon D300, more stuff. No more SE stuff, why am I still here?
Bobajobbob
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-05-03 14:22
I have installed i ton my 12" PB and am currently exploring. The good news so far is that iSync natively supports the V800 now. Tha bad news is that it doesn't seem to work. Everytime I try to perform a sync it throws up an error, usally after deleting all the contacts on my phone.

Has anyone managed to successfully sync their V800?
vanquish
V600
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-05-03 14:23
Any designs/interface changes? [addsig]
sapporobaby
J110 Cream
PM
Posted: 2005-05-03 15:16
@Bobo

What is the error

N82(YES), iPhone 3G, Shure es530, Nikon D300, more stuff. No more SE stuff, why am I still here?
Bobajobbob
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-05-06 18:00
Very little in the way of interface change. In fact you would be hard pushed to spot the difference without the spotlight icon top right. I haven't really had time to explore all the new functionality yet but a few things have annoyed me like when I first performed the upgrade there was no warnign that my virex installation would cause havoc and 100% cpu usage all the time, that and the fact that my Pro license for quicktime is not transferable to the new Quicktime so I had to pay for a new one. I gave up with the upgrade after a few problems and did a clean install.

The much vaunted new codec for iChat av is also hardly noticeable if at all. Perhaps because I only have a G4 but my Powerbook is hardly a slouch. In order to launch a 3 way chat someone in the group has to ahve at least a 2gig g5 so I can't even check that out.

Dashboard is a bit of a gimmic. Perhaps some more interesting widgets will come out soon but for those used to Konfabulator it doesn't offer much.

Automator sounds interesting but i haven't tried it yet.

Spotlight is great but as my mac is not my main work computer it will never be fully utilised which is a shame.

The problem I ahve syncing with my v800 is that it recognises the phone and even begins thew sync process but then throws up a general error that the sync failed and I find all the contacts on my phone have been deleted. Very annoying. I don't trust it any more so I have simply stopped using it.
fukkhead
Z800
PM
Posted: 2005-05-07 15:47
Hi!

I bought the z800i and when I unplug the usb chord my iMac G5 flips out and gets Kernel errors. It is displaying a error message and tells me to reboot the computer. I searched a swedish Apple-forum and theres three others having the same problem... I have no problems at all on my win-pc but I rather use it on my mac. Any ideas about what could be causing this problem?

It mounts fine and I can transfer files back and forth between the phone and the computer. It unmounts just like it should too but when the chord is pulled the error message comes up.
sapporobaby
J110 Cream
PM
Posted: 2005-05-07 21:42
@Boba

Been playing a bit. You are bang on about the Widgets. They are nice, but a bit of a gimmick. The only thing I notice is that they are more stable than Konfabulator. I figure that if a widgets eats resources, why not have them eating it natively through the OS as opposed to having Konfabulator running.

Spotlight, for me has been great. I stopped using Entourage completely, and now use Mail exclusively. I can find almost anything now.

Have tried iSync with my s700i. Works great and very fast. I will get a v800, next week and see how this works. It was recognized in the prior version of iSync under Panther, so hopefully they did not muck it up.

Have not used iChat yet with the multi-conference function. I am a bit surprised about the fact that at least one Mac has to be a 2ghz, if I understood your post correctly.

All in all, it feels like a very large upgrade rather than a "new" computing experience. I suspect that those waiting for Long"bore", aka Longhorn will probably feel the same way.

*edited on a Mac PowerBook, of course*

[ This Message was edited by: sapporobaby on 2005-05-07 20:43 ]
jucame
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-05-09 16:02
iSync does not work still, even in 10.3.9 now I se my Z800 there but does not work, apple says that SE mobiles do syncro in Bluetooth mode only.
niji
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-05-09 17:42
Tiger's iSync 2.0 does sync v800 and also v802se.
it syncs with Address Book and with iCal.
it does not sync any photos associated with yr addresses however.
people trying to do a sync should back up their address book first since it is likely until it begins to work you will write over yr contacts.
also: .mac pref panel only syncs with yr computer and .mac. it does not sync yr peripherals.
to sync yr fone with address book/ical, you need to use iSync app itself.
best to add yr fone via "setup bluetooth device", and then do an "add device" in iSync.
make sure you have backed up yr addresses.
clicking the 800 icon will reveal the device's sync preferences.
chose the appropriate direction of first sync.
i am very happy this is now fixed.

[ This Message was edited by: niji on 2005-05-09 16:42 ]
ewap8
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2005-05-09 18:19
Tiger isn't all that good. here is an example:

http://it.slashdot.org/it/05/[....]08.shtml?tid=172&tid=179&tid=3
I'm member #100 on this website. I think!
sapporobaby
J110 Cream
PM
Posted: 2005-05-09 18:34
Quote:

On 2005-05-09 18:19:02, ewap8 wrote:
Tiger isn't all that good. here is an example:

http://it.slashdot.org/it/05/[....]08.shtml?tid=172&tid=179&tid=3

Then go to Windoze and have your entire pc infected.

meatmcguffin
P900 no flip
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-05-10 13:56
tiger rocks. the isync app written for the p900 works like a charm. problem is it destroyed the ability to connect to the net through the p900's gprs connection. a happy bunny i am not. im using the p900 scripts from that website that seem to be the only place to get them and the only place anyone ever mentions. any clues?
sapporobaby
J110 Cream
PM
Posted: 2005-05-10 14:24
@meatmcguffin

Hey dude, try: www.novamedia.de(or com). They has some serious software that will help you out. It works like a charm every time.

Bobajobbob
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-05-10 18:51
I can still use my v800 as a 3G modem via bluetooth which is great but I still can't sync calendar and contacts. Each time I try it throws up an error. I have configured and set up the phone correctly so I don't know what the problem is.

Apple has been slightly disengenuous in their marketing of the new iChat AV because in order to initiate a multi video conference or multi audio conference you need a g5 or dual G4 and a very fat internet connection. Not just Download but upload too. Unless I am mistaken you need more than most adsl connections provide, ie 300k vs the default 256k upstream provided with most adsl connections.

To join a multi chat the requirements are less prohibitive. I think 1g g4 should suffice.

Maybe a hack will appear that will allow those of us without g5 to initiate multchats even if the quality is below par in the same way that iGlasses allows g3 owners below the Apple requirements to partake in vid chats.

We will have to wait and see.
ewap8
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2005-05-11 07:39
Quote:

On 2005-05-09 18:34:55, sapporobaby wrote:
Then go to Windoze and have your entire pc infected.

Nah I'm happy with my PB. Altho I have to say that if I browse sensibly, I can guarantee no virus can touch me on a PC either. Its plain common sense, rather than a single better platform.
I'm member #100 on this website. I think!
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 313233 ... 636465  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic