Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Accessories > MSI bluetooth drivers

Author MSI bluetooth drivers
Jas^On
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2004-02-22 19:50
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hello everyone.
I have an MSI 6967 Bluetooth adapter. When i bought it i installed it to my computer just fine and everything worked perfect. My OS was Windows XP with SP1. Now i formatted my hd and i installed the same OS from the same CD but no luck. The adapter refuses to be installed. When the device manager tries to install the drivers, i get an error message saying "The required section was not found in the INF". I would like to say that i am using to install the same drivers as i did before my format. And i tried with newer ones that msi has on its website. Please someone help! Bluetooth is so great
dylanv
Z600
PM
Posted: 2004-02-26 18:46
You should install version 1.3 of the MSI drivers (still available on their website). Installing version 1.4 requires a security code. You can get that code for free, but you need to install 1.3 to obtain the technical data for the code. So install 1.3.

If Windows XP doesn't install your USB device:

- Force Windows to install new hardware
- Say that you have already installed the device
- Indicate the USB device with the yellow error triangle as the device you want to install
- Wait for Windows to give up oninstalling
- Install manually
- Browse, and pick the MSI .INF file

Presto!
Jas^On
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2004-02-26 20:19
Actually the problem was that i was connected to the internet.
When i unplugged my LAN cable everything was ok and the device was finally installed successfully. I read about this problem in another forum a guy says that the connection to the internet is to blame cause microsoft tries to update something. Anyway, if anybody has the same problem just unplug your LAN cable and there you are
Good luck
dylanv
Z600
PM
Posted: 2004-02-27 13:06
Ah okay, then my solution was a workaround, since I am always connected. Thanks for the info.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi