Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > Activate voice dialing - How?

Author Activate voice dialing - How?
Scott_b
P910
PM
Posted: 2004-02-19 22:04
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Sorry if i am being stupid but i have been trying to figure out how to use the voice dialing feature on the P900 and am having no joy whatsoever!

I have set up voice tags on a few of my contacts and that part is ok.

However, I tried holding in the jog dial to see if it would promt me to say the name of the person i am wishing to call, but it does nothing!

On the P800 this feature works perfect! I have also tried it with my Motorolla HS810 BT headset and it dosen't seem to work with it either!

I am doing something wrong - somebody please help! This is driving me crazy!
Scott
chula
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2004-02-20 10:44
Mine is Chinese Version P900, I wonder if I can translate the manual captions correctly. From the phone functions where you see speed-dialing, choose Edit manual, then Preferences, and you will find the options to activate Voice Dialing
jifffer
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2004-02-20 10:52
go into phone-preferences-voice control and tick voice dialing and as long as you have added voice tags to your contacts (in the edit function) this will work.

set mine up and it works perfectly both as a handset and in the car with the HCB 30
buluayam
P900
PM
Posted: 2004-02-20 11:41
As far as I have tried;
When you enter Phone --> Edit --> Preference --> Voice control that gives you the option to record a 'Magic word'.

This means, in order to activate your phone to receive voice dialing, you have to have this Magic word function switched on, AND, you need to record a specific word which your phone can pick up which tells it to accept voice dialing. This is done so that normal conversation wouldn't accidentally dial your mate's number, supposing if you said their name and you had a voice tag for it. Hence, your Magic word should also be something which isn't regularly used in daily conversation.

You can also use this feature for answering calls! Answering, or sending a busy tone - but I found that unless your phone is in silent mode, trying to answer with voice recognition doesn't work because your ringtone will mask your voice command and the phone doesn't recognise it.

Have a play with it! I did, and eventually figured out how it worked.
WildCard#!
P900
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-02-20 11:50
The magic word though has proved to be quite useless.

http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=47534#post629753 [addsig]
satellite
T68 gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-02-20 12:12
Press OK for more than 2 seconds and then say the name. I don`t use teh magic word too...it`s to risky!

Regards

[ This Message was edited by: satellite on 2004-02-20 11:13 ]
Scott_b
P910
PM
Posted: 2004-02-20 12:38
Thanks everyone!

Its working great now! The magic word feature is useless, but i already knew that from my days using the T610.

The only thing i find a bit annoying is the fact that i practically have to shout the names down my BT HS810 headset!!!

Still, a big improvement to using a wired handsfree solution.

Cheers again
Scott
steele
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2004-02-20 12:46
tried to use all kinds of magic words but it won't work!

Cowabunnga!
Shazzam!
Open sesame!

LMAO! Magic Word feature sucks. They should have had that 2x zoom instead.
buluayam
P900
PM
Posted: 2004-02-20 14:10
My apologies for mentioning the Magic Word facility! I can see not many fans here of that function...myself included, to be honest

Thought you were just asking how to use the voice recognition facility...wasn't thinking of pressing the OK button down in terms of activation, apologies!
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi