Esato

Forum > General discussions > Other manufacturers > New Siemens Pen Phone!

Author New Siemens Pen Phone!
axxxr
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-02-07 14:32
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

This product is the size of a chubby ballpoint pen (140 mm long, 19 mm diameter), and yet also contains a tri-band mobile phone. It will allow users to dial numbers by writing them, and also offers handwriting recognition, so text messages can be sent with a quick scribble. Unfortunately, Siemens has not yet committed itself to commercial production on the PenPhone, although we can imagine demand for the device would be huge
axxxr
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-06-29 02:36
Accordingly, the all-in-one tri-band mobile phone keeps all the usual PDA data of appointments and addresses and phone numbers, and it is its own pen into the bargain.

Whatever a user writes on, the PenPhone will interpret their hand movements as written words and it can be set up so that the phone translates them directly into the SMS editor, so users can write their SMS messages directly into the mobile phone. It couldn’t be faster or simpler.

Being 140 mm long and 19 mm in diameter, the pen certainly breaks new ground in miniaturization and mobile design – we’ll stop short of considering it a breakthrough in convenience and functionality until we’ve used it.

[addsig]
batesie
T66 black
PM
Posted: 2004-06-29 02:44
I knew my Parker was missing something!

This message was posted from a P900

DarkWolfX
K700
PM
Posted: 2004-06-29 10:50
Wow nice technology, we are advanced!
DungeonMaster
T610
PM
Posted: 2004-06-29 11:01
Hmmm... Will it be symbian? Will it have mms? What about gprs? How many colors will be the... Ink? Any removable memory? Any mp3 playback capability? Polytones? Ink resolution? Of course i am joking. Luckily it can send texts...

This message was posted from a WAP device

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi