Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > Wishlist for T68i (please read & contribute)

1234  Next
Author Wishlist for T68i (please read & contribute)
Epedemic
Z1010
PM
Posted: 2002-05-07 06:51
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hi all
In the wake of sending the bugreport to the people who should channel it through to the right people at Sony Ericsson i found out that they also want a list of proposals for changes in the software. So please write here what you would like changed in the T68i software after r2b025. (and please only reasonable requsts, we all know that we wont get java, polyphonic ringtones, purple (or whatever) led's with a software upgrade)
here are my ideas:
1. keylock when playing mp3
2. priorities in the calendar again (is in t68m)
3. the possibility to recieve .amr .gif & .jpg via e-mail
4. the possibility to select how fast the auto keylock should go on as well as the possibility to only have auto keylock on some profiles
5. the possibility to NOT show the name/number of the caller when using picture phonebook (the mobile/work/home logo would be plenty)
6. flight mode like pda's
7. possibility to enable that when the keys are locked you would have to enter your security code to unlock
8. A "missed call" or "new sms" logo on the floating clock
9. the text on the ezi text popup thingy should be small instead of large if your font is set to small
10. the new sms alert is great, but its not loud enough on setting 4-6
11. option to "accept all" when you transfer more than one picture/ringtone from your pc
12. timestamps on delivery reports and in "view status" in sent sms
13. tetris & snake =) with bluetooth multiplayer
14. option to send text over bluetooth (great for a boring day in school
15. the ability to use a imelody as sms tone
16. reoccurent task should make a return

most of these are "stolen" from other posts.... but i thought it would be good to include as much as possible from the beginning so we dont forget anything
Best Regards Epedemic

oh and the deadline is 12/5...
Serge
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-05-07 08:05
i like the text over bluetooth suggestion..also the option to remove name and number when you receive a call from a contact with photo in your phonebook.
Rolud
P900 no flip
PM
Posted: 2002-05-07 08:56
@Epidemic
You missed two of the most important things to improve :

- remove the bloody Service Provider name in the standby screen !!!!
- a faster blinking LED with a new SMS or missed call (like in all Ericsson before), but longer than 10 seconds

Actually, as by they are not even able to give us (T68 m owner’s...) a software already made more than 6 month ago and as you can’t trust whatever they said, I don’t believe they’ll listen to our request...! They also prove us a lot of time that they are just totally incompetent to do whatever you may ask...

Rolud

[ This Message was edited by: Rolud on 2002-05-07 07:58 ]
Epedemic
Z1010
PM
Posted: 2002-05-07 09:06
ah yes two good ideas there! well when you get the r2b025 you will see how much they have been playing around with the software... so i believe they will continue to satisfy us..
the reason they havent shipped the upgrade yet is because its a hard task to update the filesystem... and requieres some extensive testing...
russtproof
K850 Green
PM
Posted: 2002-05-07 09:26
in the melody composing system: -
-when you press "play" to listen to the melody, the text cursor remains the same place u were editing instead of resetting to the end of the melody
-also ability to go to the beginning and to the end of the melody (like previous ericssons pressing "up" would go to the beginning and pressing "down" goes to the end of the melody)

russtproof
K850 Green
PM
Posted: 2002-05-07 09:30
-option to NOT have clock or have an option of times to when the clock pops up .. for animations/screensavers
Epedemic
Z1010
PM
Posted: 2002-05-07 09:56
ahh good ones... keep them coming... also if anyone has a link to the old "official" esato wishlist we made in febuary or so please post it here... im sure there is a couple of things from that one we could include (again)
Epedemic
Z1010
PM
Posted: 2002-05-07 10:19
found a lot more from the first letter... they probaly wont add all this in the t68 (although asking cant hurt and we can always hope) but then at least they will have some ideas for future phones...

1. option to turn off the service LED (the Green one)
2. customisable shortcuts on the option key as well as the no. 9 menu
3. auto profile switch (eg. switch to silent at 24.00 and to home @ 8.00)
4. Currency converter
5. possibility to copy sms to your own folders
6. text formating in mms (like it is in ems now)
7. no vibration on sms while in a call (my jawbone has been shaken loose )
8. the ability to block certain numbers (opposed to the current option where you can only ACCEPT certain numbers)
9. add birthday in calendar
10. adress field for contacts
11. when having recieved a sms/unanswered call the led should switch between green & red
12. usage of menus while listening to mp3 (like the fm radio)
13. Clear notification that the received call is a forwarded call. (Hint: the ">" which nokias use.)
14. possibility to add/remove the various parts of the standard display (operator name, clock, signal indicator and so on)
15. option in e-mail client to send the e-mail via the sms e-mail gateway defined in sms settings
16. Display of more details on GPRS connection. Number of UP/Downlinks, Code Scheme in use (let's say : "current speed" stats)
17. The option to have the call work on both the phone and the bluetooth (or hand free) for confrence calls
18. Want it to ask if I want a sent SMS's to be saved in sent folder, not just putting it there automatically.
19. Ability to select if I want my Inbox- and Unsent- folders to autodelete the oldest message upon getting full (like the T28 did), instead of having to manually delete all messages every now and then (like the T39 and T68 now) as well as to mark an sms "write protected" but still not moving it to the sim card
20. A "light on button" while in keylock mode (pressing the joystick for instance)
21. Possibility to extract numbers from the sms message body and save them on a contact in the phone book. All the numbers in the sms message body should be listed up when using the function so that you could choose the number you want. (like nokia)
22. Put "send sms to..." in the options menu in contacts (find a name in the phonebook, press the option key and choose send sms to...)
jorg47
T68 grey
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-05-07 10:51
beautiful minds!!!
thomastemp12
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-05-07 11:13
I would like that if you recieve an SMS with an email in the text you should be able to press a key and send mail to the email adr. Just like the option to mark phonenumbers and web adr. This function is already in the T39
Epedemic
Z1010
PM
Posted: 2002-05-07 11:14
lot of good suggestions =) i think we should leave the hardware design to SE and make the software ourselves
TeleSaint
K700
PM
Posted: 2002-05-07 11:25

1.Customisable blinking LED's (Like what I could do on my S40):
- Change color (Think it was three colours or was it 4?)
- Set a certain color for different taskt (SMS, MMS, missed call etc.)
- Turn the LED off completely
- Change the speed of the *blink's*
- Have different LED setups for different themes

2.Customisable Menu's
- I would like to be able to change the menu setup on EACH and every menu, not only in the "My Shortcuts". (I would LOVE to change the the menu on the button below the "yes" button... Don't know what that's called)

3. More detailed themes
- Change icons, font type (not size only) and layout completely.

4.Change screen
- This is not software related, but I would LOVE to have the screen closer to the "surface" of the phone. It to "embedded" into the phone..

Epedemic
Z1010
PM
Posted: 2002-05-07 11:30
Quote:

On 2002-05-07 11:25, TeleSaint wrote:

1.Customisable blinking LED's (Like what I could do on my S40):
- Change color (Think it was three colours or was it 4?)
- Set a certain color for different taskt (SMS, MMS, missed call etc.)
- Turn the LED off completely
- Change the speed of the *blink's*
- Have different LED setups for different themes

2.Customisable Menu's
- I would like to be able to change the menu setup on EACH and every menu, not only in the "My Shortcuts". (I would LOVE to change the the menu on the button below the "yes" button... Don't know what that's called)

3. More detailed themes
- Change icons, font type (not size only) and layout completely.

4.Change screen
- This is not software related, but I would LOVE to have the screen closer to the "surface" of the phone. It to "embedded" into the phone..

1. the left led can be red & green and the right can be blue... so only 3...

2. all menus customizable would be too confusing i think... but the option menu (the one below yes) would be cool to change

3. GREAT idea... fonts in themes!

4. out of the question
Rolud
P900 no flip
PM
Posted: 2002-05-07 13:10
@Epidemic
You said "well when you get the r2b025 you will see how much they have been playing around with the software... so i believe they will continue to satisfy us..."

But you probably forgot that the R2B025 makes, I think, not a huge difference with the R1A... already presented here by some Esato users more than 6 month ago !!!!!!
My opinion today about people : TOTALLY INCOMPETENT to improve anything in our phone, and I’ll probably be happy only the day I’ll have money again to change my T68 against something better, definitely not made by !!! I don’t want to be ripped off once again by such idiots (in fact, I was idiot enough myself to buy their crap 6 month ago…) !!!

Rolud
Epedemic
Z1010
PM
Posted: 2002-05-07 13:20
r1a had the same BIG features such as themes & mms as r2b025... but i doubt it had all the "small" goodies (such as auto keylock on enter pin, names on delivery reports and such (i could go on for days)) it would make no sense if r1a had all this and they then removed the small things for r1b...
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi