Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > GPRS, WAP, MMS and Email setup > answer on how to use o2 free gprs on a pc!

Author answer on how to use o2 free gprs on a pc!
~lozishere~
M600 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-01-29 19:52
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
1. install phone monitor software and sync software
2. set your phone in "modem" mode.
3. go to control panel on ur pc then internet options and then dial up connections.
4. select "add" and then select SE as the modem. name the connection profile o2 gprs
5. in the "dial up no." box enter *99***1# and payandgo as username, password as password.
6. in all the proxy fields (in advanced, me thinks) enter 193.113.200.195 and in the port fields enter 80. in some cases there will be one box only. in this case you must enter 193.113.200.195:80
7. now click ok
8. set this connection as the default
9. open IE and a connection dialogue will come up. click connect.
10. pc will show dialing and then verifying user name and password.
11. your now connected!

if you have problems make sure that in control panel, phone monitor, com ports that no coms are "reserved" and that you have set it NOT to search for phones on ANY coms (!)

any questions, mail me @ lozboyNOSPAM@o2.co.uk (remove NOSPAM)

pls note this will only work for net browsing, not for kazzaa or winmx and such like.

[ This Message was edited by: ~lozishere~ on 2004-01-29 18:57 ]
iamcrunchie
T650 Blue
PM
Posted: 2004-02-04 22:35
If their GPRS is anything like their wap gateway u can probably just leave out the proxy and then u will be able to use kazaa, msn messenger or whatever!

When i first moved in this house with no phone line i hooked up my old T68 on O2 online with free wap and free txt, figured out that by leaving out the proxy details it let me go online and the ports were not blocked Was good enough to check email and leave msn connected though if u loaded any websites then msn tended to lose connection!

skin
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2004-02-05 00:17
I've been waiting for this info for ages!!! Thanks

Just a couple of questions....

1) Is it free?? I aren't going to get charged a few days down the line??

2) Does O2 know about this "workaround" and can they stop it if they do find out???

Thanks in advance,

Skin
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi