Forum > Regional > Asia Pacific > singapore

Previous  123 ... 646566 ... 313314315  Next
Author singapore
MFB
T610
PM
Posted: 2002-06-16 20:01
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I have a T68 mc and wants it upgraded to T68ic. Unfortunately, the SE office in my country said that they will not support this service. My mom and sister are both coming to Singapore this week but will only be staying from the 17th to the 20th of June. Can they just go to Kallang to have the mc upgraded to ic? How much is the fee? Tony G, is the mc to ic upgrade really available already? I dont want my sister to waste her time going to SE if its not available since they're there for a business trip. By the way if anyone from SE Singapore gets to read this, please convice our local SE office to support the mc to ic upgrade. I dont understand why the local chinese community with mc units dont get support here. Im not asking for too much, right. They can just download the software to service to us. A minamal fee wouldnt be too much.
dan47
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-06-16 20:33
Weird, is there any T68IC? all i knw is t68m to t68i and t68mc to t68ie; even checked se hmpage and theres no such IC, can u guys post the se homepage link of the ic? Thanks

This post was posted from a T68i

TonyG
K700
PM
Posted: 2002-06-17 03:09

MFB>- Actually we had the "ic" sw available. But due the "ic" sw had some problems with our network, SE Singapore decided to temporary shelve the idea of upgrading of "ic" software for "mc" holders till they came out a salution with our network providers. However it won't be long. I think SE Singapore had solved the problems lately. As one of our forum members huni had posted the releasing of the "ic" sw upgrading will be next week. It is just the right time that you are here. You can go to our SESC and tell them you are a foreigner and willing to pay for the charges for the upgrading. I see no reason they will reject your request. If you have any problem, you can post to me in this forum when you are here and I will try to help you out if within my means.

dan47> It is just make people more easy to understand that "ic" is a Chinese versions. However, SE Singapore and SESC recgonised "ic" is the Chinese sw.

PM
Posted: 2002-06-17 03:24
Quote:

On 2002-06-16 04:58, mrbunglez wrote:
hmmm... i haven't received any spam from them in a long time... usually i get spam when i'm roaming with my singtel line overseas... did you opt-in for some spam program or anything? this sound really freaky, i'd be real pissed if they did the same thing to me man...

Nah I didn't opt in for anything, which is what pisses me off. Obviously considering I am not from Singapore, I use IDD a little bit so I guess they know my user profile and sent me these IDD ads via sms.

What I don't understand is how this is a phone problem. Never happen with sms from friends, just with this SPAM from $ingtel. Are they trying to tell me R2B025 likes SPAM so much it actively keeps requesting the same sms again and again?? Yeah right.

Bascially $ingtel decide to send spam to you, without asking for your permission, and when you call to have this stopped, it takes a month to remove you from the SPAM lists.
JasonDeFaoite
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2002-06-17 03:30
Quote:

On 2002-06-16 06:49, TonyG wrote:

Hi Jason, from what you have discribed, it is definitely a clear cut it is the network provider problems. That is Singtel. Imagine there are a lot of us carried the T68m and T68mc upgraded version and the original T68i. How come we were not affected. As mrbunglez question is correct, have you opt for some promotion or some info that required the sender to sms to you? If not and you are really pissed of with this kind of "services", write to them officially demand an explaination or published it in the media forum. Then they will wake up.

Alternatively, you can send down to SESC for a checking, and tell them Singtel said it is the phone problem that your phone can anyhow accept span sms. Get a second opinion to support your complain.

I called them numerous times over this, and at that stage I was using (as far as I knew) the latest software version in my phone R2b025. When the guy asked me to upgrade, I told him I cannot, using the latest liao. This conversion went on for a bit, and I was getting damn angry, and asked since I am using the lastest software, and it "seems" to be a t68i problem on $ingtel, then the only way for me to stop this is to change networks, and the guy say yes

Got speaking to the manager after that, told them I wanna terminate the line, and since I am under contract this would involve a charge, and told them I ain't paying since I am not terminating coz I want to, but that they have a problem which would force me to. Manager asked for time to sort it out.

Haven't got that SPAM in 24hours so hopefully resolved liao. Waiting for manager to call back.
JasonDeFaoite
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2002-06-17 03:34
Quote:

On 2002-06-16 05:09, Bjerkebanen wrote:
Hello im just wondering is english the main language in Singapore?
This migh be a very stupid question sorry!

Is it true that it is illegal to use gum in Singapore?

I thot the main language in Singapore is Singlish ??

Singapore has four offical languages, and English is the main one. Most people can speak english here, so if ya come for a visit you'll have no problem being understood.

MFB
T610
PM
Posted: 2002-06-17 04:39
Thanks for the offer Tony G. I appreciate your quick reply. You mentioned that it will be available next week. My sister is already there in Singapore and will only be staying till the 20th. I told her to go to Kallang instead. As I've read in this forum, its the best service center available in Singapore. Can you please confirm if it is available so I can advice her? By the way, how do you get to Kallang if you're coming from Orchard? Are the problems by the first mc to ic conversion a network related problem? Maybe it wouldnt be the same here with our local network Globe. Would you know what the problems are? Looking forward to your reply.

Regards,

MFB
TonyG
K700
PM
Posted: 2002-06-17 07:33

MFB>- Good news to you and to all "mc" holders. From today onwards
SE had officially released the "ie" or "ic" sw for upgrading. All "mc" holders can pursue to either Kallang SC or Goldhill SC for the upgrading.
The problems had been rectified. SE did not disclose what are the problems even the SC do not know. This is between them and the network providers. Sorry MFB, I do not know how to go by bus to Kallang. However I can suggest you can take our local MRT to Novena Square Station and walk diagonally to the opposite site of the Novena Square just beside the Shell petrol station and go to the GoldHill SC. You do not have to go all the way to Kallang SC. BTW, just wish to highlight to you, the upgrading charges will be around $103 for foreign or non IDA approved handphones. Call them to check on the charges again before you go down. Good Luck.

______________________________________________-
either you love it or you hate it
orang3
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-06-17 07:39
wow.. $103 ... tht is robbery ....
Sex is like hacking. You get in, you get out, and you hope you didn't leave something behind that can be traced back to you
loonee
K750
PM
Posted: 2002-06-17 07:44
thats very expensive!!! i think i just wait til SE in indonesia come out with the latest software...sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
TonyG
K700
PM
Posted: 2002-06-17 08:07

Yeah! I was shocked also when I heard about the charges.

PM
Posted: 2002-06-17 10:52
SonyEricsson just released news of the new Communicam MCA-25!
Looks damn cool! It has two viewing options, thru the standard viewfinder or the phone lcd display. Just go to SonyEricsson website, go to Europe, UK, Products and Select 'Coming Soon'!
MFB
T610
PM
Posted: 2002-06-17 11:07
Thanks for your invaluable help Tony G! I'll let you know how things turn out.

Best Regards,

MFB
dairin
K750
PM
Posted: 2002-06-18 11:15
anyone know when is the CD + manual will be ready for collection ??
sashsg
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-06-18 13:45
hi fellow singaporean!

can u guys teach me how to remove those address i once type at the menu/wap/enter service?
i cant remove them help!

cheers!
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 646566 ... 313314315  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic