Forum > Regional > Asia Pacific > singapore

Previous  123 ... 636465 ... 313314315  Next
Author singapore
dairin
K750
PM
Posted: 2002-06-15 17:52
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
TonyG->that's version supposed for which model ??
t68i or t68mi or t68ic ???
tot the latest version for t68mi is R2B025 ... care to enlighten me on this issue
orang3
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-06-15 18:04
TonyG .. thks for the waterfall .. and did .. you went for the 2nd upgrade to obtain R2E or did you get it the 1st time ??
Sex is like hacking. You get in, you get out, and you hope you didn't leave something behind that can be traced back to you
TonyG
K700
PM
Posted: 2002-06-15 19:04
dairin>- To be honest to you, it is my T68mc to T68ic. I was one of the few who was lucky to have my "mc" upgraded to "ic". Frankly it maybe the "ic" and "i" sw has a little bit in different. Remember as I was mentioning the "ic" had an added advantage over "i" sw is the "ic" came with English T9 input now which the "mi" do not have the advantage of having Chinese T9 input. Perhaps this is the reason the "ic" sw is a bit more advance than the "i" sw.

orang3 >- It was my first upgrade.

[ This Message was edited by: TonyG on 2002-06-15 18:10 ]
huni
Z1010
PM
Posted: 2002-06-15 19:30
TONYG>> I have the upgrade today already! so happy ! the IC verson will be officially released next week! so your guy check it out next week then!

Organge3>> I've update the WATERFALL with better movement! and tested on my phone! you check it out later !
orang3
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-06-15 19:32
ohh ... so the R2E is just the diff version of R2B ... hehehe i tot got to go to again ...
Sex is like hacking. You get in, you get out, and you hope you didn't leave something behind that can be traced back to you
huni
Z1010
PM
Posted: 2002-06-15 19:37
waterfall updated
http://www.geocities.com/hunitori
TonyG
K700
PM
Posted: 2002-06-15 19:42

huni> Good for you. I am also happy for you that you have your wish fulfill.

PM
Posted: 2002-06-16 04:55
Singtel Problem:

A couple of days ago, I got one of the those "spam" SMS from $ingtel, an advert for some of their IDD services. Then 10 mins later I got the same message again, 10 mins later again etc. In one hour I got that damn message 7 times. I called them after the 3rd one, telling them I didn't have to receive $ingtel ads via sms. I was told it could only be effective next month!!

Anyways, more sms's later I call them again. Tell em I keep getting this damn sms and I want it stopped. After much checking I was told the sms was still listed as pending on their server, that I needed to reset the line (power off/on the phone) and it would be ok. Did that. I wasn't "ok"

At least now the freq of sms was now one every 2 hours or so. I called them back, spoke to the same guy. He did more checking, asked what phone I had. According to them their is some problem with the T68i on $ingtel, that they have told SonyEricsson regarding this and that I was to update the software on the phone.

I had my m->i conversion for about a week plus at this stage and nothing happened like this before from sms's from friends etc, just their spam. At that stage I was running the latest version R2B025, but now there is a later version.

Anyone else got some problem like this?
mrbunglez
P900
PM
Posted: 2002-06-16 04:58
hmmm... i haven't received any spam from them in a long time... usually i get spam when i'm roaming with my singtel line overseas... did you opt-in for some spam program or anything? this sound really freaky, i'd be real pissed if they did the same thing to me man...
Bjerkebanen
T65 blue
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-06-16 05:09
Hello im just wondering is english the main language in Singapore?
This migh be a very stupid question sorry!

Is it true that it is illegal to use gum in Singapore?
adnhk1
P990
PM
Posted: 2002-06-16 05:55
Hi there, ermmm, No and Yes I guess, as even though Engish is the main language in Singapore schools, the majority of us still speak in Mandarin (which is supposed to be 2nd language here), or some other dialects.

Do you mean chewing gum? Well, sad to say, its a definite YES, it is banned here, because the 3 million population here are "little kids", hope you know what I mean.
TonyG
K700
PM
Posted: 2002-06-16 06:49

Hi Jason, from what you have discribed, it is definitely a clear cut it is the network provider problems. That is Singtel. Imagine there are a lot of us carried the T68m and T68mc upgraded version and the original T68i. How come we were not affected. As mrbunglez question is correct, have you opt for some promotion or some info that required the sender to sms to you? If not and you are really pissed of with this kind of "services", write to them officially demand an explaination or published it in the media forum. Then they will wake up.

Alternatively, you can send down to SESC for a checking, and tell them Singtel said it is the phone problem that your phone can anyhow accept span sms. Get a second opinion to support your complain.

PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-06-16 16:41
Nope i dont understand what is wrong with littel kids having helthy teeth?
cyano75
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-06-16 17:38
I got the damn Singtel 'Spam' too! It's been 2 days already. I received about 18 SMS on Sat.. but only about 2 on Sun. My s/w is m -> i R2B025.
mrbunglez
P900
PM
Posted: 2002-06-16 19:34
bjerbeken>> its not illegal to chew/consume gum here. what is illegal is selling it. the reason this whole ban came about was because some idiot stuck gum on our underground train's doors and caused a lot of trouble... so our local politicians bruoght up soemmore examples like how gum is disposed inappropriately, usually stuck somewhere like beneath tables or stuck on the floor.. and decided to ban it.. man was i pissed when i first heard of it... but most of us just bring it in from overseas... hope that clears it up...

all those in singapore, i heard they're gonna have new SE phones for display at CommunicAsia 2002! models such as the T200 and T300 and etc will be available for viewing! will try to take pics if i can..
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 636465 ... 313314315  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic