Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > ///Ericsson Forum - Infos and support - For help contact your local eriman! Details in the 1. post!

Visitors browsing this topic: 3
Add to Bookmarks
Previous  123 ... 222324 ... 732733734  Next
Author ///Ericsson Forum - Infos and support - For help contact your local eriman! Details in the 1. post!
BobaFett
R520 copper
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-02-23 19:13
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
"Uhura"
This device was used to perform user trials on the concept of "third generation"
phone applications (such as live video communication, shoot-and-send camera, etc).
I wrote a multimedia filesystem middleware layer.

"Julia"
This triple-band GSM phone was designed for teenagers.
It had built-in instant messaging (ICQ) functions and a fun user interface.
I devised an ICQ-to-SMS gateway protocol for the messaging application.
I also worked on usability issues and coordinated development with Sweden.

"Athena"
This FM-radio phone was shown at the 1999 CeBIT exhibition.
I wrote device drivers and RDS (Radio Data System) decoding software.

1 of D BEST FONE EVER MADE ON OUR PLANET...

Aquila non capit muscas - /// 4ever!

/// Ericsson Forum
tranquil
W902 Black
PM
Posted: 2004-02-23 20:29
OK One more...
This one was released though...

R190
The R190 Satellite has been designed specifically for the ACeS satellite system, the footprint of which covers most of the Asia Pacific region. This dual-mode mobile phone allows subscribers to roam seamlessly between terrestrial celluar networks and the ACeS satellite network. Weighing just 210 grams, the R190 Satellite is the world's smallest, pocket size satellite phone, making it the ideal communication tool for users travelling to remote areas.
For more information about the ACeS Satellite service please click here:www.acesinternational.com

Features:

Additional GSM antenna
Call transfer
Conference calls (GSM only)
Data/Fax 9600 bps (currently available in GSM only)
Dual mode satellite/GSM 900
Icon-driven menu
Network selection preference
Phone book for 99 names and numbers
Phone lock - full or auto lock
Short Message Service (GSM only)
Smart Dialing: speed dial, redial and direct dial
The ultimate ringtone wav mp3
BobaFett
R520 copper
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-02-23 21:18

That's right, it's a phone. Besides its innovative design, this cell phone from Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications offers a very compelling concept: It can project info, such as your contacts and calendar, onto a flat surface.

/// Ericsson Forum
BobaFett
R520 copper
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-02-23 22:12

This fully working Ericsson prototype was unveiled at CeBIT 2000 in Hanover, Germany, however since then it has been abandoned in favour of a lighter design running ER7/UIQ called Linnea (P800). Based on EPOC Release 6 Quartz, it was a fully functional tri-band mobile phone, wireless PDA, media player and much more. As well as support for GSM2, GPRS and 3G networks the device also used Bluetooth and an IrDA port to connect to other devices and peripherals. WAP was to be a standard feature and unlike the R380, it could display conventional HTML pages too. An earpiece looking similar to Walkman headphones was included (on a cable though a Bluetooth version is optional) to allow the user to leave the phone in their pocket while making calls or listening to MP3s, talking-books, live news & information services etc.
The 240×320, 256 colour touchscreen is used in portrait to operate the device though input is very simple and quick thanks to both the highly intuitive and efficient design of EPOC Quartz and the CIC Jot handwriting recognition that allows natural writing to be used without misreads or special pen sequences to be learned. Voice activation is also used to initiate calls and select options though it does not allow speech recognition so Emails, faxes and notes have to be either written or "typed" using the on-screen keyboard (an optional view). Applications are more closely integrated than in previous EPOC releases which makes it easy to get and use information used by other applications in the current program. The contacts database is now a server application allowing all standard and additional apps/functions to read from it and return information. You can move between any two applications in just one click thanks to the top navigation bar, and messages (Email, SMS, faxes etc.) can be sent received with equal simplicity. Another improvement is far better support for synchronising and conversion with a completely rewritten PIM application and improved PC conversion software for the EPOC platform as a whole.
Beyond the phone and PDA functions, the device is capable of playing MP3's and even streaming live video over mobile networks (Ericsson may wait for GPRS before they implement this). In fact Ericsson have been working with the BBC to develop a news and information service for Ericsson users who will be able to take full advantage of the video and audio content with devices like this. SDM cards are used for data storage (Including MP3's) rather than Compact Flash which provides better security for both personal data and Copyright protected material.

/// Ericsson Forum
BobaFett
R520 copper
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-02-24 11:30
Here is d gool old 1 A1018.

Phone summary
Ericsson A1018sc is the first in a coming series of A-class mobile phones. It is designed to be fun, easy to use and offers value for money. Featuring a slender, perfectly balanced exterior, the A1018sc fits perfectly into the hand and is supplied in an exciting array of fresh and vibrant colours: Plum Wine, Granite Grey, Desert Khaki, Light Steel Blue and Olive Green. It has a clear, simple and easily navigated menu system and the phone is full of basic, intelligent and useful features.

The all-new Ericsson A1018 is an entry level GSM 900/1800 phone.
It was developed for people who require affordable communications for every occasion.

It comes in five different colours and with numerous coloured front panels, which makes it possible to create an unmatched amount of personal colour combinations.

Features

Measures 130x49x23mm

Weighs 163 grams

Compatible with all the accessories designed for the Ericsson 600, 700 and 800 series mobile phones.

Advice of Charge Charging

Advice of Charge Information

Alternate Line Service

Call Barring

Call Forwarding

Call Transfer

Call Hold and Call Wait

Multiparty

Calling Line Identification/Presentation

Calling Line Identification/Restriction

Connected Line Presentation/Restriction

Clock/Alarm function

NITZ, Network Identity Time Zone

Sim Application Toolkit

12 different ringsignals including own melody

Enhanced Full rate/Full rate and Half rate voice codecs

@ National Roaming

Short Message Service (SMS)

The all-new A1018 is a mobile phone developed for
people who require affordable communications for every occasion. It comes in five different colours and with numerous coloured front panels, which makes it possible to create an unmatched amount of personal colour combinations.

The Ericsson A1018 reflects Ericsson's determination to produce outstanding technology encased in a sturdy, long lasting frame. The A-class Ericsson phones are fun, easy to use, value for money products. The A1018 is the first phone of the A-class to be launched. It features a sleek, attractive body designed to fit perfectly into the hand and comes in five different colours that will appeal to people from all walks of life.

There is a sober Granite Grey and a rich Plum Wine that will appeal to the business minded and a Desert Khaki, which is supplied with Midnight Blue and Firebrick Red, exchangeable front panels for the more vivacious. Olive Green, with Lime Green and Mandarin Orange exchangeable front panels exists for those who like warm natural colours and a Light Steel Blue with Chocolate Brown and Cream White panels for those who prefer something a little more luscious.

A1018 has a clear, simple and easily navigated menu system and the phone is full of basic, intelligent and useful features. It features a full graphic display for easy readability and its impeccable sound quality is afforded by Enhanced Full Rate Speech Coding. Although easy to use, the A1018 is an advanced communication tool and is perfectly suited to the world of business.

It handles data, fax, SMS and is completely compatible with Ericsson Mobile Office equipment such as the Ericsson Mobile Companion MC 218. The A1018 will enhance every environment, be it business or pleasure

The A1018sc, developed for the Asian market, supports Chinese Input technology. By using the keypad, you can easily send and receive messages with Chinese SMS, as well as store Chinese names into your phone book - all in Chinese characters. This unique feature contains more than 10,000 characters - the most available in a mobile phone.

The Ericsson A1018s dual band mobile phone has been designed to work on GSM 900 and GSM 1800 frequencies. It lets you enjoy the pleasure of unrestricted movement with the security of unlimited communications. Its practical size ensures that it can be comfortably carried inside a jacket pocket, a small purse, or on a clip, attached to a person.

VISIT ///Galleries of Ericsson fones, protos and accesoires! History of d legendary 3 stripes! thread. Ebody is welcome!
http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=48353

[ This Message was edited by: tranquil on 2004-02-27 14:26 ]
BobaFett
R520 copper
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-02-24 13:04
wich 1 is your favourite?

grey

gold

blue

darkblue

green

lightblue

red

yellow

green 2 - se edition

and not as last d T69!

/// Ericsson Forum
corksta
T630
PM
Posted: 2004-02-24 13:54
Wow, it has been great to look back at the old Ericssons. I have owned quite a few of them. Some of my favourites have been PH388, GF768, T28 and T39m.

P800

[ This Message was edited by: corksta on 2004-02-24 13:46 ]
stewie
S500 Green
PM
Posted: 2004-02-24 13:57
Hey boba what is the price of r520? I would like to by one...

This message was posted from a T68i

BobaFett
R520 copper
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-02-24 14:00
@corksta in case u still have some of them, pls send some pix.

@ivan its really hard 2 get 1, d price is between 70 and 100 euro. wanna buy a second too, as replacement

/// Ericsson Forum
BobaFett
R520 copper
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-02-24 14:34
here r some more...

orange

blu 2

brown

light green

pink

donnow what colour

purple - lila

red 2

/// Ericsson Forum
corksta
T630
PM
Posted: 2004-02-24 14:48
Here ya go

My trusty ol' PH388

http://img1.photobucket.com/albums/1003/pd2789/Phone.jpg

Shame about the screen, don't know how it got smashed. Anyway, PH388 the best phone I've owned.

I'll have a hunt round to see if I can find anymore.

P800

[ This Message was edited by: corksta on 2004-02-24 13:52 ]

[ This Message was edited by: corksta on 2004-02-24 13:52 ]
P910
PM
Posted: 2004-02-24 14:53
Quote:

On 2004-02-23 11:09:05, bobafett wrote:
What kind of oldies r u looking 4?

This message was posted from a R520

I mean ANYTHING! I am a desperate collector, i even go to mobile shops asking for the phones they have for recycling. I prefer working phones though, but i just love looking at phones that have been superseeded, because when u look at hte new ones, there is always something that lived on. I cannot offer money (im sorry im poor, student debts) but eternal gratefulness will come your way.
Is this a dream or a memory?
BobaFett
R520 copper
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-02-24 15:01
@corksta wow wow wow what a fone!!! thx vary much 4 it

@avatar kep on m8, i do d same here in case of collecting. but its worth! u ll dont b a student in ur whole life, dont forget it, such kind of probs will b solved by d time. go 4 d diploma!

/// Ericsson Forum
BobaFett
R520 copper
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-02-24 17:25
a very interesting thing...

/// Ericsson Forum
BobaFett
R520 copper