Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > Your preferred messenger client?

12  Next
Author Your preferred messenger client?
sbc_dk
P900
PM
Posted: 2004-01-13 15:49
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hi guys

I am wondering... What messenger client are you using on your P900? I haven't been able to find the perfect application yet. Here are my experiences so far:

1. TipicMe - Won't allow saving of data 'in Transport', so it's impossible to set up accounts.

2. TipicMe Pro - Can't connect.

3. Agile Messenger - Still missing the bottom part of screen. Won't connect to Yahoo. 'Low level network error' stops ICQ from connecting.

4. cMessenger - Shows ICQ contacts as UID instead of name, regardless of the setup. Makes an incredible noise whenever a contact is found online.

5. JMSN (Pro) - One way communication, i.e. you can write a message, but not receive. I thought this could be because I haven't registered the program yet, but maybe not. Anyone else with this problem?

6. IM+ - This really has potential, since all the major networks are included. The program even works, but the interface is incredible primitive. Haven't changed much since I tried it early P800 days...

7. 12Planet (Instant Symbian) MSN - Looks like a less advanced version of JMSN. But at least it is working.

There are a few ok programs here, but the only one working with all the protocols (ICQ, MSN, Yahoo...) is IM+ and I really have a hard time coming to terms with that old fashion interface.

I don't think a single of these programs are worth the money ($30 for most of them), but I got to have access to at least the MSN network.

So, what is your choice, you opinion and your recommendation?

[ This Message was edited by: sbc_dk on 2004-01-14 17:31 ]
kradcliffe
P910
PM
Posted: 2004-01-13 15:57
I've tried them all and there's not a good one among them. They all keep crashing etc.

I've just set up my P800 as a GPRS modem for my laptop so I can use MSN Messenger direct and it works great.

I've never had a problem connecting to TipicME, but it does lose connection to the server a lot.

Keith
Oxygen
P900
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-01-13 16:28
mobicq works well and show all contacts ok... But only for ICQ off-course...
GH688, T28s, S45, P900
churchwa
P900
PM
Posted: 2004-01-13 16:50
Which is the best one for just MSN??

I used to use Jmsn but then it stopped working!
Yazan24
K750
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-01-13 20:57
Emessenger its a wap site. Perfect. Runs well. And has a 2-way comm, thing going on.
-Kamikaze-
Esato- The first Biased Sony Ericsson Forums
MP3 Ringtones? Oh yeah Laffen killed them.
sbc_dk
P900
PM
Posted: 2004-01-14 12:49
There's a new Agile Messenger beta available, if you sign up http://agilenoc.com/beta/.

It's a bit primitive, nothing at all like the jMSN, but it's working, and it's free!
kiriakos
P990
PM
Posted: 2004-01-14 17:18
gj man I will try it out btw about jMSN some ppl says that you must have a pretty new .net acount for getting it to works. ust go to passport.net and sign a new one and try it out.
But now there is a greater problem I have tried to change between 2 differents acount both new .net acount but only 1 will works, it seems that the one you choose at the first is the one you must have in the "trial, demo" version so you cant swap users. At least it is so for me.

I wounder wish client sends less data irc client or msn client (it will be cheaper in the way hehe). And if irc client also dropping connection that mush as msn.
ginty
P900
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-01-14 17:23
what about instant symbian ?
i think it is good but u can only open 3 message windows i dont know if this is because its the trial version ?
but i think its easy to navigate and does the job well
sbc_dk
P900
PM
Posted: 2004-01-14 18:30
The MSN account I am trying to use was created yesterday. Not that I think it really matters. Anyway, I am in contact with the jMSN guys and I hope they will find a solution.

Instant Symbian is an alias for 12Planet, which is #7 in my original posting.
kiriakos
P990
PM
Posted: 2004-01-14 21:13
yhe go for it now I use your recomendation or hmm agile beta its nice and do not dropp to mush and its free. It will be really really nice when emotions vill come the final program. if you vill get jMSN working plz tell what was wrong so i know sebastian@amazingly.se
Asskicker
Satio Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-01-15 04:52
Tried all of those messengers. I've got o2 wap connection and o2 wap-gprs (UK). Wap-Gprs connection didnt allow me to connect to any messenger! Wap connection-JMsn Pro Trial version works sweet, IM+ doesnt, Agile doesnt. Another solution for MSN-go to http://mobile.msn.com from your mobile and use online MSNmessenger, same for Yahoo messenger- http://wap.yahoo.com
P.S.- JMsn Pro trial version allows me to send and receive all types of files which i find very handy and i find this proggy most user friendly and closest to original MsnMessenger.

[ This Message was edited by: Asskicker on 2004-01-15 03:58 ]
cadcad
Satio Silver
PM
Posted: 2004-01-15 07:25
I do use the instant symbian NSM. lt works great but u should try not to open many programs while using it otherwise it'll crash probably for the low memory. JMSN Pro works great but if the other party is using an old version of msn u won't be able to receive what he does type. So for me I use most Instant Symbian NSM & it opens 3 chat windows not only one in the trial mode.

This message was posted from a P800

shawnmccall9
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2004-01-15 08:04
Chatter for Palm OS
brick
M600 white
PM
Posted: 2004-01-15 10:05
I like Agile simply because its free, has a small footprint, and is stable. Of course, its got no smileys, and in the beta version, there are some certificate problems with MSN, but these will probably be fixed in future versions.

But of course, if someone came along and wrote messenger for use in flip close mode using T9, he'll get my money.
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-01-15 19:10
The best there is(and also the most versatile) yahoo mes. I use it for years now (used it thru csd connection b4;gprs these days) and it works perfect! I've spent even 3-4 hours at a time chatting and never had a glitch. But this is wap, remember..4 now,the perfect solution.

This message was posted from a T610

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi