Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Accessories > New Bluespoon products from Japan-show :)

Author New Bluespoon products from Japan-show :)
jh67
S700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-04-29 16:17
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Now that the bluetooth show in Japan is over, I'm able to show the new products.

YOUTH-series Young fashion series of covers for the Bluespoon. There will be different ones,..here's a few :

CLASSIC-series More stylish, classic design, and also special editions for e.g. countries, and companies :

The 3 completely new products are :

SPOONCAM bluetooth digital camera which uses phones screen as viewfinder. Pairing is done with phone.

SPOONFM bluetooth fm-radio, pairing is done with headset.

SPOONPLAYER bluetooth MP3 player with SD or MMC-cards. Pairing is done with headset.

Of course the main attraction was the Bluespoon itself,..and it was very popular over there Was reviewed in a japanese web-magazine,..and a big italian magazine as well.
So things are going very well here

Jan

andrew99
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2002-04-29 16:39
I can see you guys must have been busy, those look like great new products!
I take it when you say pairing is done with headset, you wouldn't even need a phone, you could have the mp3 player and a headset standalone.
Could the headset be simultaneously paired with the phone and the player? Could be very interesting!
I take it though that these products only work in mono on the one ear

Still, look great, obvious questions... when and how much?

Andrew
orang3
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-04-29 19:17
wow...... this gadgets .... really looks dam cool .. cant wait to get my hands on i t... dont know when it will reach singapore..
dan47
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-04-29 19:48
jh67... great products.... when will it reach philippines?
the cam is cool.... how many pixel... the mca has 640x480 for 20pics
neilpowell64
T68i mineral
PM
Posted: 2002-04-29 19:49
whoa these look great. Just out of interest would the camera use more battery coz of bluetooth than the mca-20 coz i woz thinking of getting a mca-20 but i mite wait now.
arroyootje
C902 Black
PM
Posted: 2002-04-29 19:55
shit, makes me feel crap about my FM, MP3 and communicrappicam....

when will all that be out? will it be released with bluespoon?
DgtHorse
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-04-29 19:59
jh67, when will the bluespoon come out?? i really can't wait for this great new product to come out, i check everysingle new post you post cause i can't wait for this thing to hit the shelves
flipperds
T68i mineral
PM
Posted: 2002-04-29 20:14
My jaw is just fell! I wish I had all the money in the world to buy a Bluespoon and the other products you just showed us... WOW
Ulukai
K750
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-04-29 21:04
Can some1 please tell me what a bluespoon does?
jh67
S700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-04-29 21:25
hehe,...thanks a lot

Just to be sure that everyone knows :
MP3player, Radio and Camera are not headsets,..they do not sit on the ear. The mp3-player and Fm-radio are paired with a BT-headset,..and you listen to music/radio through the headset.

The camera is linked/paired with the phone.

All 3 products have hooks/holders on the backside, so you can wear them around your neck, in a belt or just put them in the pocket.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes well first of all we did think about making the radio and mp3 player "mono",...basically because you would use an ordinary bluetooth headset. The whole idea,..that you dont have to go out and get a specialized double-headset for when listening to music or radio.

But we're considering some other options too. It is complicated, because we cant "just" add an xtra ear-piece. This ear-piece would have to be bluetooth enabled too.
Or you would need a cable between the two headset-pieces. Or a sort of link between the real bluetooth-headset and its ear-piece.

At the same time,..we dont want it to be too complicated and expensive. It would be nice, if people could actually "afford" it too

Working on this part,..will solve it of course

There're no specifications on the camera yet. It uses the phones screen,..like the MCA-20,..and when you shoot the picture,..its then transfered to the phone via bluetooth.

No prices or release-dates on these products yet.

The main issue/focus right now is the Bluespoon.
Its working good. A lot of people on the Bluetooth-show were very interested in the Bluespoon,..and the other products as well.
Also some very big companies

Jan

jh67
S700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-04-29 21:34
Ulukai > Bluespoon is a bluetooth (wireless) headset just like e.g. HBH-15 and others from SonyEricsson.

The Bluespoon is at this moment the smallest bluetooth headset in the world,..weights less than 10g. Very good sound-quality. Because of its size alone, we use some very specialized materials, e.g. microphone, speaker and so on.

You can see and read about it here : http://www.nextlink.to

Its called Bluespoon, because it was shaped/moulded in a teaspoon, and well the "blue" part of the name, is because its bluetooth

So to find out just how big (small) Bluespoon is,..grap a teaspoon, hehe.
It will fit in that !

Jan
kohe
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-04-30 10:02
OH MAN.....

The accessories look COOL ! Release it in asia FIRST please!! Hee.

Jan do you happen to have prices or... estimates of the prices yet?.. They are supposed to be costing less then the current HBH 20 right? Man I think I have to save up for the MP3 player.. and B.S. too.

Oh yeh.. thanks for the previous reply in the other forum!
P.S Like the skeches at your web page.

Tim
c96sthl
C702 Speed Black
PM
Posted: 2002-04-30 15:19
i have one question for jh...if you r willing to share it.

what type of bluetooth chip are you using? because all current chip tht provide bluetooth wireless function is not small enough to fit into the bluespoon set. the surface area those chip have is almost same as the headset and this is still excluding the switches, battery, speaker and microphone. I just get very excited to see you can squeeze so many things into such small size.

[ This Message was edited by: c96sthl on 2002-04-30 14:21 ]
jh67
S700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-04-30 17:17
Tim >
Your welcome. No I dont have any prices on these new things. We havent talked about pricing/releases yet.
Thanks,..glad You like my drawings

c96sthl >
Yes they do fit We use the newest bluetooth chipset.
Its very small,..sorry, but thats all I'm allowed to say
I cant go into the tech-part.

It all fits very neatly into the Bluespoon. You have to remember, that the other parts we use in the headset, are quite unique,..extremely small. Everything in the Bluespoon is smaller than regular headset-parts.

Jan

DgtHorse
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-04-30 17:32
Ok the microphone used in the bluespoon sences jaw vibrations which are transmitted to the bloospoon, what i dont understand is that how the bluespoon can actually interpret your voice, or mostly the tone of your voice through these vibrations. Also if you are in a club and try to talk on the bluespoon with all the bass causing your whole body to vibrate what does that mean for the bluespoon....since your jaw is constantly vibrating i am guessing this person will sound like an alien or something. jh67 could you plz answer this?
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi